PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming

The Gordog
09-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Not sure if this is on topic, but I will be coming down Friday night for the homecoming football game this year. A couple of us alums have befriended a VATech alum and went to the game in Blacksburg last year. So we need to decide if we should stay the night Saturday as well. My question for the locals on the board is, are there still any night spots on campus such as the Hideaway or is all consumption of adult malt beverages relegated to off-campus?

Also, last year we went to Beamer's for steaks and red wine Friday night. Any recommendations for a similar restaurant in Durham would be most welcome.

77devil
09-06-2007, 08:05 PM
For steak and red wine The Angus Barn-Where else?

SilkyJ
09-06-2007, 10:15 PM
For steak and red wine The Angus Barn-Where else?

Angus barn is the best one around, but its 20 minutes from campus.

Also, in regards to where you can drink on campus - the hideaway has been gone for 5+ years, but you can still grab a beer at the Armadillo Grill (fast food mexican) and they have a bar (with liquor) that is open most evenings.

The Loop (in the C.I., entrance from the BC walkway) also serves beer, but no liquor.

4decadedukie
09-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Many an hour in the WDI's "Sitting Duck Pub" over the last decade: on campus, a 10-minute walk from virtually anything on West, lots of Dukies constantly there, and good bar food, too. In addition, the bar at Fuqua’s Thomas Center is nice, quiet, relatively unknown, and even closer to Wade.

The Gordog
09-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Sorry to be dense, but what is the WDI?

4decadedukie
09-07-2007, 10:41 AM
WDI = Washington Duke Inn