moonpie23
03-01-2014, 07:49 PM
gamecocks up 12 11:38 left..

hurleyfor3
03-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Calipari pulls a Boeheim. T'd out.

Wander
03-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Some 1 seed is going to be super unhappy to see Kentucky in their 8-9 game (until the first round is played and UK promptly loses to Xavier or Stanford or whoever).

FerryFor50
03-01-2014, 07:58 PM

What's funny is that Kentucky has shot 2x the number of FTs as South Carolina. And that's WITH SC getting 6 FTs on technical fouls.

Kentucky has been trying to get calls by flailing into triple teams at the rim, out of control, and have gotten most of those calls. They're just getting beat.

Funny - South Carolina's coach is Frank Martin, who is renowned for his short fuse. But this year, he's been much more composed. in this game, he's barely gotten off the bench. (Though as I type this, he's starting to heat up.. lol)

At the half, ESPN interviewed Calipari. Every time I've heard him get interviewed, I've heard two things - how physical the other team is being with his team with bumps and grabs (and saying they need to adjust... kind of a criticism of the officials with no criticism) and how "young" or "immature" his team is. I wonder if Calipari understands the irony of recruiting nothing but one and done players, yet complaining about how young and immature his players are.

FerryFor50
03-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Also funny - watching Calipari yell at his players and seeing them tuning him out.

DukeDiva
03-01-2014, 08:05 PM
They are in complete meltdown mode. Here is one gem from Rupp Rafters.

this season is..
Lost... cal has lost this team.

FerryFor50
03-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Amazing how much better Kentucky is playing with Calipari in the locker room...

Newton_14
03-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Amazing how much better Kentucky is playing with Calipari in the locker room...

I watched early then turned it. Just came back. All of UK's bigs foul out or T'd out with Cal? (hate i missed that!)

El_Diablo
03-01-2014, 08:32 PM
After going up three with 20 seconds left, Frank Martin calls a timeout. Once the team gathers around him, he spends the first 5 seconds angrily glaring at one of his players.

What a tool.

hurleyfor3
03-01-2014, 08:38 PM
On the Jimmy Dykes Southwest Airlines Flight or whatever he calls that stupid thing, Kentucky has a "C" boarding pass.

weezie
03-01-2014, 08:39 PM

Guess it's the in thing to do now.

Oh, and OT, Pitino's beard is yucky.

El_Diablo
03-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Looked like some girl got trampled on the court rush (on the right side of the screen).

Newton_14
03-01-2014, 08:44 PM
On the Jimmy Dykes Southwest Airlines Flight or whatever he calls that stupid thing, Kentucky has a "C" boarding pass.
Sad part is Jimmy is one the few still grasping to the last straws that UK can somehow put it together and win the National Title...

No team with the Harrison twins as their backcourt is going to win a title... of any kind...

UK is just not that good...

Duvall
03-01-2014, 08:48 PM
looked like some girl got trampled on the court rush (on the right side of the screen).

but kids r having fun though!1! Why do you hate fun!!!

weezie
03-01-2014, 08:51 PM
but kids r having fun though!1! Why do you hate fun!!!

Yeah! It's a fun college rite of passage...like barfing in the gutter. Good fun!

hurleyfor3
03-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Yeah! It's a fun college rite of passage...like barfing in the gutter. Good fun!

Barfing in the gutter... I wanna appropriate that term for losing winnable games late in the the season, especially when on the NCAA bubble.

NCSU barfed in the gutter against unc. Pitt's been barfing in the gutter all month. Works great.

Furniture
03-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Barfing in the gutter... I wanna appropriate that term for losing winnable games late in the the season, especially when on the NCAA bubble.

NCSU barfed in the gutter against unc. Pitt's been barfing in the gutter all month. Works great.

Pavement pizza?

Olympic Fan
03-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Carolina struggled past Virginia Tech today.

Calling South Carolina "Carolina" is like calling field hockey "Hockey"

FerryFor50
03-01-2014, 09:08 PM

Did someone at least hold her hair?

hurleyfor3
03-01-2014, 09:10 PM

That's a suspiciously pro-Carolina statement.

grad_devil
03-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Carolina struggled past Virginia Tech today.

I agree with hurley on this one.

I never refer to UNC-CH as 'Carolina', and will use the term to refer to the Gamecocks as often as possible. Our faded-blue brethren already think they're the most important kid on the block. Referring to them as UNC-CH is my little way of helping them understand they're not as important as they think :)

Olympic Fan
03-01-2014, 09:17 PM

No -- I'm a North Carolina resident (and not a UNCheat fan) and my view of South Carolina (not USC -- that's Southern Cal) is that South Carolina has the most lackluster athletic history (in the two major sports) of any BCS university and hasn't earned the right to call themselves Carolina. Their basketball legacy is almost as bad as Northwestern and their football legacy is about an undistinguished for a BCS as it's possible to have -- they've never played in a major bowl and last year was the first time in 100 years of football that they ever finished in the top 10.

Duke, a small private schools that has struggled for a half a century in basketball, has six more major bowl appearances than the "Cocks and five times as many top 10 finishes. In basketball, Clemson -- the worst program in the ACC historically -- has more NCAA wins than the Gamecocks.

Okay, their baseball is pretty good. If they want to talk about Carolina Baseball, I might buy it.

but overall, my view of South Carolina is much like Abe Lincoln's: It's too small to be a Republic and too big to be a lunatic asylum.

hurleyfor3
03-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Well, it's your tax dollars going to an institution whose response to one of the bigger athletic program frauds in history is to cover up and deflect blame, so if you want to honor them by referring to them and not the other place as "Carolina", have at it.

Newton_14
03-01-2014, 09:33 PM
No -- I'm a North Carolina resident (and not a UNCheat fan) and my view of South Carolina (not USC -- that's Southern Cal) is that South Carolina has the most lackluster athletic history (in the two major sports) of any BCS university and hasn't earned the right to call themselves Carolina. Their basketball legacy is almost as bad as Northwestern and their football legacy is about an undistinguished for a BCS as it's possible to have -- they've never played in a major bowl and last year was the first time in 100 years of football that they ever finished in the top 10.

Duke, a small private schools that has struggled for a half a century in basketball, has six more major bowl appearances than the "Cocks and five times as many top 10 finishes. In basketball, Clemson -- the worst program in the ACC historically -- has more NCAA wins than the Gamecocks.

Okay, their baseball is pretty good. If they want to talk about Carolina Baseball, I might buy it.

but overall, my view of South Carolina is much like Abe Lincoln's: It's too small to be a Republic and too big to be a lunatic asylum.

As the great Dabo once opined, "USC is in Southern California, Carolina is in Chapel Hill, and THE university of South Carolina is in Clemson", I love the Ol Ball Coach but that is still one of the best quotes ever.

That said I do recognize our Moonpie was taking a stab at the cheaters causing that stench 8 miles west of Durham...and I applaud the effort...

WakeDevil
03-01-2014, 09:34 PM
There is one Carolina. It ain't in Raleigh, it ain't in Charlotte and it sure as hell ain't in Columbia.

Even the Moo U fans know this.

Duvall
03-01-2014, 09:37 PM
There is one Carolina. It ain't in Raleigh, it ain't in Charlotte and it sure as hell ain't in Columbia.

Even the Moo U fans know this.

Moo U? Uh, okay.

BlueDevilBrowns
03-01-2014, 09:43 PM
My birthplace is Charleston, SC and my grandfather was a SC alum, so, to me, "Carolina" is in Columbia and always will be.

But to each his own.

I wonder, do folks in North Dakota act so condescending toward their South Dakota neighbors - requiring them to "earn" the right to be a "Dakota"?

weezie
03-01-2014, 09:58 PM
I never refer to UNC-CH as 'Carolina', and will use the term to refer to the Gamecocks as often as possible. Our faded-blue brethren already think they're the most important kid on the block. Referring to them as UNC-CH is my little way of helping them understand they're not as important as they think :)

Ooo, count me in. That way it gives unc-asheville a boost, and wilmington and gboro and, uh, pembroke, yeah, don't leave out pembroke.

msdukie
03-01-2014, 10:16 PM

But they are important, though solely because they are the archival of the world's greatest university.

BlueTeuf
03-01-2014, 10:42 PM

Why not? I used to refer to my Chevette as my "Vette"

moonpie23
03-01-2014, 10:50 PM
since i AM a gamecock, i DO refer to the university of S. Carolina as "carolina"......probably because the vernacular down there deems it.

It's much like making the distinction that one of your children chose "state" over "carolina"..........the folks in my lovable home state(bless their hearts) do the same, referring to their kinfolk choosing "carolina" over "clemson".....

but i seem to remember naming this thread otherwise........the "stab" could have been from that fine person..

moonpie23
03-02-2014, 12:31 AM
i am lol@40-0

bbosbbos
03-02-2014, 12:48 AM
UK played better when Calipari was out. I really think he is a very poor coach.

i am lol@40-0

Indoor66
03-02-2014, 08:31 AM

You almost got that right. It is UNC-ch when written in that manner. unc is also appropriate.

wilson
03-02-2014, 08:47 AM

NCSU barfed in the gutter against unc. Pitt's been barfing in the gutter all month. Works great.Excellent.