PDA

View Full Version : Unusual amout of tripping in duke-md lacrosse

53n206
03-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I seems a lot of tripping in the game so far. Anyone agree?

MCFinARL
03-01-2014, 01:03 PM
I seems a lot of tripping in the game so far. Anyone agree?

Where are you watching? I can only get it if I subscribe to premium content online through Duke or Md.

53n206
03-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Where are you watching? I can only get it if I subscribe to premium content online through Duke or Md.

Premium

sduke1986
03-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Tough loss, but we've seen this story year after year. Duke suffers early season loss, the best coach in the game regroups and gets it done down the stretch. Props to the Terps, they seem to always be our toughest mathup in the ACC and they played a great game today. Revenge will come later in the year!!!

On another note, LOL at the choke job by the Tar Heels. They were up 8-3 and couldn't get it done. UNC's previous wins all came against teams without a single win to their credit. They finally play a legit team and look what happends.

MCFinARL
03-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Tough loss, but we've seen this story year after year. Duke suffers early season loss, the best coach in the game regroups and gets it done down the stretch. Props to the Terps, they seem to always be our toughest mathup in the ACC and they played a great game today. Revenge will come later in the year!!!

On another note, LOL at the choke job by the Tar Heels. They were up 8-3 and couldn't get it done. UNC's previous wins all came against teams without a single win to their credit. They finally play a legit team and look what happends.

This is another story we have seen year after year--UNC recruits the "best" class of offensive talent every year, or close to it, and proceeds to do less with more. But it is early yet--we can only hope that trend continues.

The good news for Duke--they got a very solid performance from goalie Luke Aaron, with 15 saves to 10 goals, against a very potent offensive team.

The bad news--after playing Maryland even through most of the first half, their offense apparently disappeared for the rest of the game (not sure exactly why as I followed the game on tweets rather than watching). Very little scoring out of the midfield, which is the least experienced part of the lineup--so some work to do there.

sduke1986
03-01-2014, 02:34 PM
This is another story we have seen year after year--UNC recruits the "best" class of offensive talent every year, or close to it, and proceeds to do less with more. But it is early yet--we can only hope that trend continues.

The good news for Duke--they got a very solid performance from goalie Luke Aaron, with 15 saves to 10 goals, against a very potent offensive team.

The bad news--after playing Maryland even through most of the first half, their offense apparently disappeared for the rest of the game (not sure exactly why as I followed the game on tweets rather than watching). Very little scoring out of the midfield, which is the least experienced part of the lineup--so some work to do there.

Yup, our midfield has been the biggest question going into this season. I expected it to get exposed by some of the more elite teams, but by season's end, they will be right where we need them to be!

As for recruiting, even if we don't get as many high profile guys as some of the other schools, coach Danowski knows just how to plug in that talent in a winning way. Sure would love to get a couple more titles in the next few years to match the Holes. What's it been, 20 plus years since they won a natty?

Here is a Turtle
03-01-2014, 05:41 PM
North Carolina has not won a championship since 1991. The last time they made it to championship weekend was 1993.

burnspbesq
03-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Credit where credit is due: once they got dialed in, the Turtles played great defense. Murray always does well against Wolf because he's pretty much the only defender in the country who can match Jordan's speed. Ikeda the Elder did well on Dionne. Amato was a wall. Raffa did pretty well against Fowler on face offs.

Chanenchuk got way too many good looks; when he's on the field, you can't run your normal slide package and hope you can find him. He's one of only two mids in the country (Schreiber of Princeton is the other) for whom you have to run a junk defense or take a chance that he'll get a six-pack against you. Duke doesn't do junk defenses, and today they paid for it.

Oh well. Have to bounce back against Loyola next week.

MCFinARL
03-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Credit where credit is due: once they got dialed in, the Turtles played great defense. Murray always does well against Wolf because he's pretty much the only defender in the country who can match Jordan's speed. Ikeda the Elder did well on Dionne. Amato was a wall. Raffa did pretty well against Fowler on face offs.

Chanenchuk got way too many good looks; when he's on the field, you can't run your normal slide package and hope you can find him. He's one of only two mids in the country (Schreiber of Princeton is the other) for whom you have to run a junk defense or take a chance that he'll get a six-pack against you. Duke doesn't do junk defenses, and today they paid for it.

Oh well. Have to bounce back against Loyola next week.

Yes--no rest for the weary this lax season--tough opponents coming just about every week.