PDA

View Full Version : UCLA Oregon

Reisen
02-28-2014, 01:37 AM
Most of you are probably asleep, but the UCLA Oregon game is currently tied with 2 minutes left in double overtime.

Oregon had a lead most of the game, but UCLA came back in a crazy last minute, with some hail-Mary 3's. Bryce Alford currently have 31 points, and UCLA is playing without two of their best players.

One particularly interesting play was an inbounds with Oregon leading by 1 in the final seconds. Alford ran out of bounds guarding the inbounding player, but there was no whistle:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7292/12829448054_f12d2cf864_c.jpg

Uhh, I don't think you're allowed to do that...

Olympic Fan
02-28-2014, 02:24 AM
Good call ...

At least Oregon pulled out the game 87-83 in double overtime.

cspan37421
02-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Yeah, but don't you know that the theme this year is "Don't let the refs decide the game* - let the players on the court** decide it!"

* in the final minute only
** or off the court!

Billy Dat
02-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the screen shot, all I can say is, "Nice to stick around for a tight game, UCLA fans!" WEAK!

gus
02-28-2014, 09:54 AM
seems like a clear violation to me.

Section 5. Throw-in
Art 3. The opponents of the thrower-in shall not have any part of their person beyond the vertical inside plane of any boundary line before the ball has crossed that boundary line. Repeated infractions shall result in a CLASS B technical foul.

Section 6. Throw-in requirements
Art 9 (b) No opponent of the thrower-in shall have any part of his person over the inside plane of the boundary line.

A class B technical foul is the same penalty a player or coach would receive for possessing tobacco, incidentally.