PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Va Tech (Feb 25, 2014)

JBDuke
02-26-2014, 07:31 AM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 66-48 win over Virginia Tech?

OldPhiKap
02-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Sheed did a bit of everything, so voted for him. Rodney obviously had a very steady game as well.

jv001
02-26-2014, 08:13 AM
It was a tough choice for me between Rodney and Rasheed. I voted for Mr. Hood. Rodney got Duke off to a fast start with his 3s, then went cold for awhile but then warmed up again. Rasheed played exceptional defense, pressured their point guard into 6 turnovers, had 5 assists and 0 turnovers. On top of that he scored 15 points. Can I have a do over? I believe Rasheed deserved it more,but both were deserving. I like it when it's hard to pick a winner. Usually that means more than one player played well, which means a Duke victory. GoDuke!

Henderson
02-26-2014, 08:49 AM
I voted for Rodney, because he was the guy assigned to bust the 3-2 zone by flashing to the foul line. And he did it well when the other zone busters (3 pointers) weren't falling. Critical contribution.

But how about the development of MP3 recently? Against VT: 4 points, 6 rebounds, and he didn't miss a single foul shot.

OldPhiKap
02-26-2014, 08:57 AM
It was a tough choice for me between Rodney and Rasheed. I voted for Mr. Hood. Rodney got Duke off to a fast start with his 3s, then went cold for awhile but then warmed up again. Rasheed played exceptional defense, pressured their point guard into 6 turnovers, had 5 assists and 0 turnovers. On top of that he scored 15 points. Can I have a do over? I believe Rasheed deserved it more,but both were deserving. I like it when it's hard to pick a winner. Usually that means more than one player played well, which means a Duke victory. GoDuke!

I'll throw in that Jabari had a double double.

jv001
02-26-2014, 09:01 AM
I'll throw in that Jabari had a double double.

I agree about Jabari. He looked to be tired. He was breathing very hard in the first half. But the way he runs the court, no wonder he's tired. He had an unusual stat line: 3 assists, 3 turnovers, 3 blocks and 3 steals. A good poker hand, four 3's, lol. GoDuke!

1 24 90
02-26-2014, 09:20 AM
I really liked Rasheed's play last night but I went with Rodney despite when he didn't secure the rebound and Van Zegeren had the wide open dunk on that one play. Also, I loved Rodney's accent during his post game interview.

Lar77
02-26-2014, 09:20 AM
I'm giving props to Tyler. He wasn't the MOTM, but played a great game. The statistics won't show it. Both offense and defense were running noticeably better with him in there. On defense, he never backs down and disrupts the other team's flow. I'm going to miss seeing him out there.

CBecker
02-26-2014, 10:25 AM
Rasheed for his superb defense from the opening tip to the end, really suffocated the life out of them. The VT coach even said his defense was their biggest issue all night.

On top of that he played a solid all round game on the offensive end.

Troublemaker
02-26-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm giving props to Tyler. He wasn't the MOTM, but played a great game. The statistics won't show it. Both offense and defense were running noticeably better with him in there. On defense, he never backs down and disrupts the other team's flow. I'm going to miss seeing him out there.

Same here. I think the torch is going to get passed to Matt, who has the same defensive instincts in Duke's system, except Matt guards on-the-ball even better. When Matt fixes his shooting -- hopefully it'll only take this upcoming offseason to do so -- he's going to be an excellent 2-guard for Duke. He also strikes me as someone who loves being at Duke and someone that might be a captain his senior year, like Tyler.

superdave
02-26-2014, 06:21 PM
I voted Tyler because he set the tone defensively and followed through the whole game.