PDA

View Full Version : MLax: Stony Brook @ Duke, 2/23, 1200 EST, GoDuke Inside Access

burnspbesq
02-23-2014, 11:59 AM
This officially became a trap game when Maryland blew up Syracuse yesterday. Important not to look past this one to the game in College Park next Saturday.

The Seawolves come in 1-1, with a one-goal loss to Marist and a comfortable win over Lafayette.

Freshman Kyle Rowe, younger brother of Duke midfielder Jack Rowe, has taken over faceoff duties for the Seawolves, and went 18-for-21 against Lafayette. Brendan Fowler presents a challenge of a slightly different order.

LGD.

burnspbesq
02-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Defensive clinic. Nobody on SB can consistently win their matchup, and Duke's slide-and-recover is really crisp today. Gametracker has Aaron with eight saves, but only one was remotely difficult.

Mids back in the scoring column.

Duke played a lot of guys in the first half. Seven different d-mids, four on attack, four on close D. The Parade of Unfamiliar Numbers may start in the third quarter. Let's see if Dano sends Jack Rowe out to face off against his younger brother.

burnspbesq
02-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Not much of a game, really. Score flatters the Seawolves, who were never close to being in it.

Hat tricks for Wolf and Class, two each for Keenan, Matheis, and Dionne. A rare assist for Dionne. Solid game for Aaron, and a couple of saves for Turri in mop-up duty.

Rowe vs. Rowe at the dot was pretty much a standoff, although J. Rowe got called for Duke's third violation of the second half and SB scored on the ensuing EMO opportunity.

Powley got extended minutes at LSM in relief of Duprey and looked really good.

Still waiting for the light to go on for Bruckner and Zenker. Both look hesitant to dodge.

On to College Park. Must. Destroy. Testudo.

hadarot
02-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Luke Aaron, Deemer Class, and Casey Carroll are studs.

Aaron gives us the type of goaltending we see other teams have but haven't had in a while. I hope he keeps up this level of play.

Deemer is our best midfielder. Great feel for the game.

Bruckner looks a bit lost still. Zenker is not doing too much either.

I wonder if we'll ever see a line of Class, Keenan, and Myles Jones.

Why didn't we offer Kyle Rowe, Jack's younger brother? He gave Fowler fits at the X.

sduke1986
02-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Congrats to Josh Dionne for joining the 100-goal club. Let's get some Turtle stew next week! That game should be good to see where we're at. Early wins over Denver and Maryland would be quite impressive.

Bob Green
02-23-2014, 05:28 PM
I just got home from the game, which was the first one I attended in person. It was a lot of fun and an absolutely beautiful sunny day.