PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Syracuse (Feb 22, 2014)

JBDuke
02-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 66-60 win over Syracuse tonight?

-jk
02-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Where's Boeheim? Amazing meltdown. Worthy of Dean at his best.

-jk

Dukehky
02-22-2014, 09:29 PM
I picked Rodney because I thought he did a much better job defensively than Jabs and also because he was unstoppable, but we just stopped going to him. Which is silly.

DukieInBrasil
02-22-2014, 09:31 PM
MP3, without his fierce play in the 1st half, we woulda been down 15. He plugged some serious holes when our other stars were playing like dog poo.

gurufrisbee
02-22-2014, 09:32 PM
Jabari and Rodney would both be worthy, but I went with MP3 because he and Cook were the only two good ones in Chapel Hill and he was very good again tonight and two in a row should get him some recognition.

Saratoga2
02-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Jabari with honorable mention to Rodney and Marshall. Lets hope Marshall's play is recognized in future PT.

kAzE
02-22-2014, 10:47 PM
Gotta give it to Jabari for his play down the stretch, but no love for Sulaimon at all? I thought he played brilliantly, and would have been my 2nd choice.

Newton_14
02-22-2014, 11:13 PM
Several good choices tonight. Yes we take Jabari for granted, and yes he could win it every game but i just want him to shore up his defense more. Work in progress there. A beast on offense though.

I went with Hood. He abused the zone from the high post every time he got a good catch in the right position, and his defense has improved so much. He did a good job on Fair most of the evening, including drawing the critical charge.

Shout out to Plumdog III. Dude was a beast on the glass, and loved it when he finally faced up on a catch in the high post and drove it down the teeth for the dunk attempt. With the way he is playing our inside defense just went up a couple of notches.

Our guards played great defense all night on Cooney and Ennis. Cooney has 4 points and was totally gassed down the stretch. Quinn hit some big shots and made some nice plays. I was worried about fatigue and a hangover from the unc debacle but they gutted out the win.

Shout out to Boeheim too for the childish meltdown. Cuse would still have had a chance to win if he does not act like an idiot, especially with how we were shooting free throws. Just a dumb, stupid thing to do. It's not like K had a meltdown on the Hood play at their place. that took away any chance at all of them winning.

brevity
02-22-2014, 11:45 PM
This should be unanimous. In one play, Rodney Hood stood his ground and drew an offensive foul, a technical foul, and a second technical foul. (Right or not, that's what ended up happening.)

jipops
02-22-2014, 11:48 PM
Rodney Hood for executing beautifully in the high post and playing good defense. Could have easily gone with Jabari.

weezie
02-23-2014, 01:48 AM
From section 12: Jabari was "THE MAN" with those rebounds late in the game. When everything was in the balance, he sure came through.

-bdbd
02-23-2014, 02:30 AM
Why no 'Boeheim" option? He's the who sealed the game for us! :eek:

jv001
02-23-2014, 07:20 AM
I voted for Marshall for his first half play. Could've voted for Jabari or Rodney just as easily. The reason I couldn't vote for Jabari was those 7 turnovers. It was basically a 1. Plumlee and 1a. Rodney. GoDuke!