PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: UNC vs Duke

FerryFor50
02-21-2014, 03:59 PM
I know this was a bitter pill to swallow, and I'm certainly not trying to polish a turd, but there were some good performances in the games.

Who was your man of the match against UNC?

brevity
02-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Consistency on DBR requires a MOTM thread. There's a chance waiting until today will make the thread productive. Or, you know, someone will complain that there are only 8 options.

FerryFor50
02-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Consistency on DBR requires a MOTM thread. There's a chance waiting until today will make the thread productive. Or, you know, someone will complain that there are only 8 options.

I would have added Zoubek. But he doesn't play at Duke anymore. :(

mgtr
02-21-2014, 04:25 PM
I would have added Zoubek. But he doesn't play at Duke anymore. :(

While we don't have a Zoubek, we have a Plumlee, and I am guessing that by the time he is a senior, we will see an upside down Marry Me, Plumlee.

rsvman
02-21-2014, 04:41 PM
I voted for Quinn Cook. I thought he had a pretty nice game overall.

Bob Green
02-21-2014, 04:41 PM
I voted for Rodney Hood because he kept us in the game early after Carolina jumped out to a quick 6-0 lead. A case can be made for Parker or Cook as well, but Hood was a little better.

jipops
02-21-2014, 04:45 PM
I clicked Jabari but meant to go with Quinn. I can't even vote right, that kind of week.

superdave
02-21-2014, 04:46 PM
I voted for Quinn because of his defense on Paige, his calming influence on our team after a bad start, his shooting and his several nice dishes in the paint that led to buckets. He did not finish the game strong, but then again, no one did for Duke.

Troublemaker
02-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Marshall and Quinn were certainly two positives in the UNC game.

Marshall played the best game of his career, and you could see why the coaches considered him to be a 6th or 7th man last season before his injury. I could envision a slight minutes per game increase for him going forward. His 16 minutes against UNC were the most he's ever played in a competitive game and 2nd-most overall (having played 17 minutes against Elon this season).

Great to see Quinn display his early season form. I would expect him to start against Syracuse with Sheed coming off the bench. (Basically what happened for Maryland after Quinn had a good game against BC).

Edouble
02-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Quinn was cookin'. So was Marshall for that matter.

The two players who were most well rested... hmmm...

AtlDuke72
02-21-2014, 09:17 PM
I voted for Quinn Cook. I thought he had a pretty nice game overall.

Quinn had the best game by far. I am glad that Plumlee is coming on but get real.

jv001
02-21-2014, 11:14 PM
I voted for Marshall, but I give a shout out to Quinn. It was great to see him moving well again and he seemed to have his head in the game. For the first time in a while he was able to drive into the lane and finish his shot. The only negative was he still reverted to dribbling east and west at times and not getting into an offensive set. I'm not talking about the weave we ran but our other sets. He did a good job, but I had to vote for Marshall. Amile was a non-factor in this game and were it not for Marshall helping Jabari on the boards, we would have been beaten badly. In 16 minutes he had 3 points, 6 rebounds(3orb) 1 block and 1 steal. He did get into foul trouble and that hurt Duke as we could have used him for a few more minutes. I couldn't vote for Jabari because of his poor defense and I couldn't vote for Rodney for his poor rebounding(0 rebounds). GoDuke!