PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Duke vs UNC (Laettner's final home game)

DukeHB11
02-19-2014, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmRValH9a5g

I just uploaded this in case anyone is interested.

throatybeard
02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Is this the one where Grant dunks over Montross and then rides his C2 vertebra like a horse?

Zeb
02-19-2014, 02:57 PM
Appreciate the idea but the video quality is tough to watch for long.

NashvilleDevil
02-19-2014, 03:14 PM

It clears up later.

MChambers
02-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Is this the one where Grant dunks over Montross and then rides his C2 vertebra like a horse?
Yep. Go about 48 minutes in.

vick
02-19-2014, 03:20 PM

I believe you are correct:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyT3ZIS4pE4

Duke79UNLV77
02-19-2014, 03:30 PM

Yes, as noted, at about 48 minutes in. Note how Montrossity pulls up on Grant's injured ankle and then snaps at the ref when the ref said something to him.

FerryFor50
02-19-2014, 03:55 PM
A lot of names I forgot about... Salvadori, Brian Reese, Heinrik Rodl.

And man, how about those announcers? Not afraid to say when Duke gets screwed on a call!

DukeHB11
02-19-2014, 04:02 PM

Yeah, I really apologize about the video but I recorded this when I was in college. The cable wire going into the cable box was a little tricky. You had to jiggle it sometimes to make the cable clear. I was at work during the first 30 minutes of this game, so I had to set the timer. Sure enough, the cable was scratchy when it came on. It clears up because I got home and fixed it at about the 7 minute mark of the first half. Oh well...that's the boring story of why the video is bad at the beginning. :cool:

NashvilleDevil
02-19-2014, 08:30 PM
A lot of names I forgot about... Salvadori, Brian Reese, Heinrik Rodl.

And man, how about those announcers? Not afraid to say when Duke gets screwed on a call!

Because that is Jimmy V and Brent announcing the game.

Tom B.
02-19-2014, 08:33 PM
And man, how about those announcers?

Nice to hear Jim Valvano call a game.

And Musberger, true to form, referred to our arena as "The Cameron" multiple times.

NashvilleDevil
02-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Watched the game and a few things.

1) Love those uniforms. Man I want those back.
2) Coach K's record at Duke after that game was 288-110, let that sink in for a second.
3) If DBR existed in 1992, I am sure there would be multiple threads about Erik Meek not getting enough minutes, that Laettner was playing to many minutes and there is no way this team is making it to Minneapolis unless Kenny Blakeney plays more.

FerryFor50
02-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Watched the game and a few things.

1) Love those uniforms. Man I want those back.
2) Coach K's record at Duke after that game was 288-110, let that sink in for a second.
3) If DBR existed in 1992, I am sure there would be multiple threads about Erik Meek not getting enough minutes, that Laettner was playing to many minutes and there is no way this team is making it to Minneapolis unless Kenny Blakeney plays more.

You forgot about the Chief!

NashvilleDevil
02-19-2014, 10:07 PM
You forgot about the Chief!

If memory serves Chief was getting decent minutes throughout the year.

FerryFor50
02-19-2014, 10:12 PM
Not in ACC play. His minutes were inconsistent.

Plus he only played 5 min in the second UNC game...

http://www.sportsstats.com/bball/boxlines/DUKE/1992

Dukehky
02-19-2014, 10:45 PM
Salvadori is a pharmaceutical rep in western North Carolina. He still talks a ton of trash about Duke and K. He doesn't like K because he uses profanity, and says Duke can't produce big men. Sooooo, he's mostly a moron. Whenever I argue things, especially the big man thing, with him, he doesn't choose to stay in the argument long and proceeds to push Vagisil or whatever the hell else he's selling.

Duke79UNLV77
02-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Salvadori is a pharmaceutical rep in western North Carolina. He still talks a ton of trash about Duke and K. He doesn't like K because he uses profanity, and says Duke can't produce big men. Sooooo, he's mostly a moron. Whenever I argue things, especially the big man thing, with him, he doesn't choose to stay in the argument long and proceeds to push Vagisil or whatever the hell else he's selling.

He's probably just bitter that he finished at UNC just before he could have majored in fake classes.

FerryFor50
02-19-2014, 11:30 PM

Serge Zwikker works in IT in RTP. He once called in for tech support where I work and I answered. Sadly, I didn't know how to solve his issue that day... ;)