PDA

View Full Version : ACC Network

ricks68
02-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know anything about the ACC Network? I went there and it said I could pick up the game tonight there over the net. Is there a subscription fee? The site is unclear to me. Do I just go to the site and click on the watch link and it will come up live or what? Thanks in advance to any that answer.

ricks

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know anything about the ACC Network? I went there and it said I could pick up the game tonight there over the net. Is there a subscription fee? The site is unclear to me. Do I just go to the site and click on the watch link and it will come up live or what? Thanks in advance to any that answer.

ricks
I'm looking at The ACC Network as listed under the Duke - GA Tech men's basketball game. It lists the TV affiliates by state. Scroll down and you'll see which TV stations are carrying the game.
http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/ACC-Network-Affiliates-for-ACCMBB-Duke-at-Georgia-Tech_02-15-14_prj7z9

Can you get the Charlotte station?

DukieInKansas
02-18-2014, 12:17 PM

ricks

I know nothing about it. However, the ACC network airs on This TV in Kansas City. This TV is a station affiliated with a local station that typically shows old movies and tv programs. It is one of those over the air .x stations. Here it is 29.2 and the station it is affiated with is 29 & 29.1. For some reason, it also shows the ACC Network. Two seasons ago, it let me watch a lot of Duke football. That is where I found the game listed for tonight.

Maybe this will help.

gumbomoop
02-18-2014, 12:26 PM

ricks

If you're in Asheville, maybe you get WMYA/My 40 out of Greenville, SC. It's ch. 40 on DirecTV, if that helps.

ricks68
02-18-2014, 12:43 PM
I don't have a tv yet!!!! That's my problem. It has been a pain, but I can get things on my computer via espn (if it is not blacked out) by using my daughter's tv account until I get a tv. The ACC Network site said that I could watch the game on my computer. Is that not right? Just trying to find out, or I will have to arrange to be somewhere else to watch it. They roll up the sidewalks at a lot of places here in Asheville early, so that limits my watching options. Thanks for the help so far4.

ricks

ricks68
02-18-2014, 12:49 PM
I just checked the website again, and it says that we can watch on theACC.com, BUT it is unclear as to what I would be actually watching. Maybe it is just the stats live, like gametracker. That's what I need to know, and if it does stream the actual game live.

ricks

tbyers11
02-18-2014, 12:58 PM
I just checked the website again, and it says that we can watch on theACC.com, BUT it is unclear as to what I would be actually watching. Maybe it is just the stats live, like gametracker. That's what I need to know, and if it does stream the actual game live.

ricks

In past years, I have watched live streaming feeds of games on my computer/iPad from theACC.com. The quality wasn't the greatest but it may have improved. The option to watch won't pop up until right before game time. However, I have not done so this year so I don't know if it works the same.

I also agree that trying to figure anything out on the theacc.com website is very difficult

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-18-2014, 01:04 PM
So when are you getting a TV? Before The ACC tournament?

ricks68
02-18-2014, 01:08 PM
So when are you getting a TV? Before The ACC tournament?

Hopefully, by next Monday. XXXXXXXX. Things are more complicated when you live on the mountain and in the woods. Boy, are they!!!:( (Still much, much, much better that fighting the pollution, traffic, etc. of the city.):)

ricks

Troublemaker
02-18-2014, 01:14 PM

You would be watching an actual live stream of the game, yes. That's the intention anyway. Maybe TheACC.com has technical difficulties tonight or maybe your browser does, but the plan is for TheACC.com to stream the game live on their website tonight so that people with an internet connection can watch. FWIW, I have not watched any games on TheACC.com myself, but I've heard from others that it works pretty well.

ricks68
02-18-2014, 01:19 PM
You would be watching an actual live stream of the game, yes. That's the intention anyway. Maybe TheACC.com has technical difficulties tonight or maybe your browser does, but the plan is for TheACC.com to stream the game live on their website tonight so that people with an internet connection can watch. FWIW, I have not watched any games on TheACC.com myself, but I've heard from others that it works pretty well.

Hopefully, this is the winning post. Thanks.

ricks

Edouble
02-18-2014, 01:28 PM
I do not have a TV.

I live in Atlanta and there is a good chance that the game may be blacked out on ESPN3 online. If it is, I am planning on watching it on replay later this evening, which actually saves me time, as I can blow through the commercial breaks.

It's a pretty obvious solution, I know, but just thought I would share in case it helps anyone.

UrinalCake
02-18-2014, 01:54 PM
I've watched games on theacc.com in past years and the quality wasn't bad. I just watched the end of the State-Syracuse game from their site a couple days ago and was very pleased. They only carry a handful of games, and the site is hard to navigate - it's really difficult to find a link to the live video page, and even when you get there is shows a commercial before beginning the stream so you might think you're on the wrong page. On the game schedule it's hard to know which games have a video feed and which ones don't. But if you're persistent you can eventually get there.

Bluedog
02-18-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm looking at The ACC Network as listed under the Duke - GA Tech men's basketball game. It lists the TV affiliates by state. Scroll down and you'll see which TV stations are carrying the game.
http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/ACC-Network-Affiliates-for-ACCMBB-Duke-at-Georgia-Tech_02-15-14_prj7z9

Can you get the Charlotte station?

Chicago is carrying ACCN for this game?!?!? Wow, this is a first! Thank you Notre Dame (I think....). Looks like there's more coverage around the country than there used to be (I realize it's on a game-by-game basis).

MCFinARL
02-18-2014, 02:14 PM
I've watched games on theacc.com in past years and the quality wasn't bad. I just watched the end of the State-Syracuse game from their site a couple days ago and was very pleased. They only carry a handful of games, and the site is hard to navigate - it's really difficult to find a link to the live video page, and even when you get there is shows a commercial before beginning the stream so you might think you're on the wrong page. On the game schedule it's hard to know which games have a video feed and which ones don't. But if you're persistent you can eventually get there.

If you follow the link to ACC Network from the basketball schedule on Goduke.com, you will get to the list of affiliates page and, just above the list, there is a link that says Watch Live online. Hopefully, that will go directly to the live feed at game time (but I make no promises).

Here (http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/ACC-Network-Affiliates-for-ACCMBB-Duke-at-Georgia-Tech_02-15-14_prj7z9) is the page that has that link.

Ggallagher
02-18-2014, 02:20 PM
Disappointed not to see a Cincinnati area station on the ACC network list. But it did make me smile to see that Medford, Oregon is included in the network. How did that happen - way out on the West Coast????

I miss Kyle :)

Rich
02-18-2014, 04:50 PM

ricks

The game is on ESPN3 tonight as long as you're in the green.

madscavenger
02-19-2014, 02:30 AM
Hey rick, i don't have a TV either (by choice). i watch every game down at the local sports bar (in a suburb northwest of Chicago). They've got ~ 15 screens (don't know how many satellite feeds). When they see me walk in, they automatically switch at least one to the Duke game. Saw Duke/Ga Tech there tonight on the ACC Network, which seemed to be routed through Raycom.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-19-2014, 06:09 AM
How did it work out for you, Rick? I was able to watch the local broadcast here in Asheville, but would prefer to stream if that is a possibility.

JayBean
02-19-2014, 09:22 AM
How did it work out for you, Rick? I was able to watch the local broadcast here in Asheville, but would prefer to stream if that is a possibility.

I also watched the game online at theacc.com. (From California). For streaming, it was pretty good. No technical issues out here.

Troublemaker
02-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Yesterday was also my first time using TheACC.com. I like it. The stream never broke or stopped on its own, which is the biggest thing for most folks, I presume. It's not an HD stream so you do lose quality.

ricks68
02-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Thanks for everyone's input on this. For some reason, while I was able to get the stream, the quality just plain deteriorated a little before the half to the point that it became very difficult to watch. The stream kept stopping and starting every few seconds, and things got blurry every once in a while. I will definitely be looking for a big screen somewhere to watch for the next 2 games.

Glad everyone else that reported got good reception, however.:)

ricks

UrinalCake
02-19-2014, 11:49 AM
I also used the stream and had no problems. Really enjoyed the announcing team of Gminski and Brando over the ESPN guys (except Knight). I also really enjoy the "commercials" made by each of the schools. The GT one had clips from their commencement speaker, who was hilarious. The Duke one showed one of the football players who tutors others through an adult literacy program (I imagine the UNC one is similar, but with the players on the other side of the table).

You do get some weird quirks, like sometimes they don't cut away during commercials so you get a camera shot of the empty floor. But it's hard to complain about a free internet video stream.

Jarhead
02-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Hey rick, i don't have a TV either (by choice). i watch every game down at the local sports bar (in a suburb northwest of Chicago). They've got ~ 15 screens (don't know how many satellite feeds). When they see me walk in, they automatically switch at least one to the Duke game. Saw Duke/Ga Tech there tonight on the ACC Network, which seemed to be routed through Raycom.

Raycom is the ACC Network.

HaveFunExpectToWin
02-19-2014, 12:13 PM
You do get some weird quirks, like sometimes they don't cut away during commercials so you get a camera shot of the empty floor.

I'd take that over commercials any day.

ESPN3 (via WatchESPN) typically shows still photos from random sports events. Saw a lot of photos of the NBA all star weekend last night.

Dev11
02-19-2014, 03:48 PM
ESPN3 (via WatchESPN) typically shows still photos from random sports events. Saw a lot of photos of the NBA all star weekend last night.

Veering slightly away from the thread topic, but I don't understand why ESPN does this. It makes commercials time even more boring than it already is, and they are probably losing out on some revenue by not having more ads in there. It also doesn't let me know if my feed is frozen (which happens frequently enough that I worry about it).