PDA

View Full Version : College of charleston beats the #12 diamond heels 2-1 in three game series

wavedukefan70s
02-17-2014, 07:20 PM
The cougars won the first and third games.todays final was 3-1.
I brought my blue devil bobble head for good luck.yes I had it out in plain view.
You have to love it when the heels lose.

nocilla
02-18-2014, 08:11 AM
The cougars won the first and third games.todays final was 3-1.
I brought my blue devil bobble head for good luck.yes I had it out in plain view.
You have to love it when the heels lose.

I guess this confirms the rumor that UNC was scared of the College of Charleston which is why they postponed this series that was supposed to start last Saturday. They tried to blame the postponement on weather conditions but they knew the weather was coming so they should have been able to plan around it. :p

mgtr
02-18-2014, 08:28 AM
I am going to make a wild guess that his thread is about something other than men's basketball.:D

aheel4ever
02-18-2014, 12:33 PM
I guess this confirms the rumor that UNC was scared of the College of Charleston which is why they postponed this series that was supposed to start last Saturday. They tried to blame the postponement on weather conditions but they knew the weather was coming so they should have been able to plan around it. :p

This attempt at humor might be a little funnier, if it weren't for the fact that the series did indeed start on Saturday as scheduled. There was no postponement; UNC agreed to play in Charleston instead of Chapel Hill.

Nice try, though.

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=668153&SPID=12960&DB_LANG=C&SITE=UNC&DB_OEM_ID=3350&ATCLID=209404978

nocilla
02-18-2014, 12:46 PM
This attempt at humor might be a little funnier, if it weren't for the fact that the series did indeed start on Saturday as scheduled. There was no postponement; UNC agreed to play in Charleston instead of Chapel Hill.

Nice try, though.

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=668153&SPID=12960&DB_LANG=C&SITE=UNC&DB_OEM_ID=3350&ATCLID=209404978

It's just as funny as the idea that Duke was afraid to play UNC. Realistically, I am sure UNC had good reason for moving the games from Chapel Hill. It was just a little ironic though that UNC couldn't play baseball this weekend because of the weather while at the same time they were blasting Duke for using weather as an excuse to avoid UNC.

FerryFor50
02-18-2014, 12:50 PM
It's just as funny as the idea that Duke was afraid to play UNC. Realistically, I am sure UNC had good reason for moving the games from Chapel Hill. It was just a little ironic though that UNC couldn't play baseball this weekend because of the weather while at the same time they were blasting Duke for using weather as an excuse to avoid UNC.

To be fair, baseball is played outdoors... :)

nocilla
02-18-2014, 12:56 PM
To be fair, baseball is played outdoors... :)

And yet somehow Duke was able to open their baseball season in Durham over the weekend. Maybe UNC just didn't see the forecast and didn't plan ahead.

FerryFor50
02-18-2014, 12:59 PM
And yet somehow Duke was able to open their baseball season in Durham over the weekend. Maybe UNC just didn't see the forecast and didn't plan ahead.

Maybe the ground was wetter in Chapel Hill? Probably from all of the tears after the students couldn't fill the Dean Dome.

Also possible that no one could read the weather forecasts...

aheel4ever
02-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Maybe the ground was wetter in Chapel Hill? Probably from all of the tears after the students couldn't fill the Dean Dome.

Also possible that no one could read the weather forecasts...

Or, UNC and Charleston just talked about it and UNC agreed that it would be better to hop on a bus and come to Charleston, to play with temps in the 60's and a field in better condition. I don't think Duke had that option with Binghamton, even if they could have found a bus to make the trip.

Des Esseintes
02-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Or, UNC and Charleston just talked about it and UNC agreed that it would be better to hop on a bus and come to Charleston, to play with temps in the 60's and a field in better condition. I don't think Duke had that option with Binghamton, even if they could have found a bus to make the trip.

This version is logical and no doubt correct. Probably no one on this board will push the issue suggesting otherwise. We would love to have been extended the same rope by the très reasonable Carolina fanbase.

killerleft
02-18-2014, 04:38 PM
I am sure the Dancing Devils are much better than the Diamond Heels. Goes without sayin', ya know?:D