PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke vs. GaTech II Pre-Game and In-Game Thread (Tue, 2/18, 9:00 ACCN/E3)

MChambers
02-16-2014, 09:23 PM
Time to move on from the close win over Maryland. Duke travels to Atlanta to play the Jackets Tuesday. The game in Cameron was fairly tough, with Daniel Miller having a very good game for Tech, but both teams have changed a lot in the weeks since the.

Henderson
02-16-2014, 09:40 PM
No disrespect to Tech, but consider some things:

1. They are 2-4 in their last 6 games.
2. They haven't beaten a ranked opponent all year.
3. We beat them by 22 in Cameron 6 weeks ago.
4. Virginia beat them by 19 at Tech a week ago.

I hope the team takes Tech seriously and focuses, because winning on the road in the ACC is never a gimme. :::cough Clemson cough ND cough::: But this would be a hard loss to explain.

Troublemaker
02-16-2014, 09:44 PM
Robert Carter is back for Georgia Tech. Will be interesting to see how we rebound against him and Miller together. Hopefully we have a good showing on the boards after not a good showing against Maryland.

Something to check on is Trae Golden's status leading into this game. He has missed 2 of the past 3 games with groin issues.

Edouble
02-16-2014, 10:08 PM
I'll weigh in with the Atlanta perspective...

After having to cancel classes twice already during this semester due to snow and ice, I gotta think that Tech classes are moving at an accelerated pace at this point. I wonder if that will affect the home crowd. If you have a choice between studying for a calculus test and watching your team possibly get slaughtered by Duke, I wonder which option some of the Tech students would choose.

We can use all the help we can get during this brutal stretch. A less than Duke-level home crowd at Tech would be nice.

devilnfla
02-17-2014, 08:17 AM
Any idea where I can see this online? I'm in Jacksonville, FL and don't see it listed on any of the local stations.

SirBlueDevil
02-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Whether the tech students are working on an accelerating schedule this week or not, because their boys will be playing Duke. I look for them to take a break from all that catching up to attend the game.

I hope our boys don't let this game turn into another maryland but like the originator of this thread stated, it's time to move on from that game!

Go Duke Blue

budwom
02-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Any idea where I can see this online? I'm in Jacksonville, FL and don't see it listed on any of the local stations.

Game is listed as being on the ACC network....surprised one of the FLA stations doesn't carry it.
If they don't, a person (or bar) who subscribes to ESPN's FULL COURT should be able to get it I would think.

mgtr
02-17-2014, 10:17 AM
It is carried on Channel 65 in Orlando, an independent which carries ACC network games normally.

Dev11
02-17-2014, 10:17 AM

From the WatchESPN blackout map (http://assets.espn.go.com/espn3/images/2010/blackout/1501676.jpg), you should be fine to watch on ESPN3 in Jacksonville (unless my Florida geography is off).

-jk
02-17-2014, 11:22 AM
From the WatchESPN blackout map (http://assets.espn.go.com/espn3/images/2010/blackout/1501676.jpg), you should be fine to watch on ESPN3 in Jacksonville (unless my Florida geography is off).

Duke is on in Baltimore. DC market (via Comcast for me in MoCo) is showing Va-VaTech, instead. I can't be sure from the map if we're blacked out or not. I'm hoping not, anyway.

-jk

gocanes0506
02-17-2014, 11:43 AM
The best thing that can happen tomorrow is

No one gets hurt (minor or major)
The team gets ahead early and stays ahead big
No one plays over 25 minutes
Going 10 deep

Of course it will still be good with no injuries and more than 8 point win.

Eakane
02-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Whether the tech students are working on an accelerating schedule this week or not, because their boys will be playing Duke. I look for them to take a break from all that catching up to attend the game.

I hope our boys don't let this game turn into another maryland but like the originator of this thread stated, it's time to move on from that game!

Go Duke Blue

I'm with SirBlue. Taking 2 hours out of studying to see Duke and dream of a possible upset is the way every Tech student will approach tomorrow night. The Triller Dome ain;t what it used to be back when Bobby Cremins was coaching, but any road game is a hard game.

This is a great stretch for Duke: Md, @GTech, @UNC, 'Cuse and @VTech in 10 days. We might not win all of them, but it will certainly help prep us for the quick turnarounds in the ACC and NCAA's.

devilnfla
02-17-2014, 11:46 AM

I've tried using WatchESPN before and was not successful. I have Direct TV and internet with Comcast. Not sure what I need to use Watch ESPN?

awhom111
02-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Here is the list of stations for reference (the ACC is trying to break its own records for slowness I think):
http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/ACC-Network-Affiliates-for-ACCMBB-Duke-at-Georgia-Tech_02-15-14_prj7z9

Here is the blackout map so you don't need to click the link:
http://espnfullcourt.espn.com/images/maps/Duke_GATech0218.JPG

Here are your options depending on where you fall on the map:

Black:
Local TV station from above list
The ACC Website (for me this has generally worked pretty well, usually even better than ESPN3)

Green:
Local TV station from above list
ESPN FullCourt
ESPN3
The ACC Website

Edouble
02-17-2014, 12:54 PM
The best thing that can happen tomorrow is

No one gets hurt (minor or major)
The team gets ahead early and stays ahead big
No one plays over 25 minutes
Going 10 deep

Of course it will still be good with no injuries and more than 8 point win.

I would say that the chances of no one playing over 25 minutes are nil. Considering Josh and Semi didn't hit the court at all during the last game, and Marshall's minutes were reigned in despite some really nice play, I would say 10 deep is a stretch too. I'm just trying to be realistic. This is an ACC road game.

Matches
02-17-2014, 01:00 PM
I've tried using WatchESPN before and was not successful. I have Direct TV and internet with Comcast. Not sure what I need to use Watch ESPN?

You can't use WatchESPN with DirecTV. It's not one of the authorized providers. Which sucks. I'm in the same boat.

Brockt10
02-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Anyone else ready to see a deeper bench again? From the eye test, we seem to be regressing to the pre hockey style line changes. There are realistically 10 different line ups we could play to keep the other team guessing.

Dukehky
02-17-2014, 02:31 PM
Anyone else ready to see a deeper bench again? From the eye test, we seem to be regressing to the pre hockey style line changes. There are realistically 10 different line ups we could play to keep the other team guessing.

I think if we are going to see it again, it's going to be on Tuesday. We've still been going pretty deep into the bench, but just not all at once. I think it's safe to say we'll see a little more of Marshall, and Matt Jones has been really solid, Thornton and Sulaimon have just been better.

We're still running a 9 man rotation most games with Parker, Jefferson, Hood, Thornton, Sulaimon, Q, Dre, Jones, Marshall, with bits of Josh. The minute distribution is more skewed than in the line-change games, but that's to be expected. Even if guys get 2-3 more minutes of rest a game, it's immensely helpful.

Ichabod Drain
02-17-2014, 03:52 PM
I'm with SirBlue. Taking 2 hours out of studying to see Duke and dream of a possible upset is the way every Tech student will approach tomorrow night. The Triller Dome ain't what it used to be back when Bobby Cremins was coaching, but any road game is a hard game.

This is a great stretch for Duke: Md, @GTech, @UNC, 'Cuse and @VTech in 10 days. We might not win all of them, but it will certainly help prep us for the quick turnarounds in the ACC and NCAA's.

I promise I'll be the Trillest person there tomorrow in my Cameron Crazies shirt. :cool: That is unless Jay Bilas is calling the game.

DFife90
02-17-2014, 03:53 PM
An unexpected treat. A friend of mine who works at a radio station just gave me a pair of tickets for the game. This will be my first chance this season to see the Blue Devils play--basketball that is (went to the bowl game). Any other Duke Blue in the sea of Tech Gold? I'll be in Section 106.

-jk
02-17-2014, 04:05 PM
An unexpected treat. A friend of mine who works at a radio station just gave me a pair of tickets for the game. This will be my first chance this season to see the Blue Devils play--basketball that is (went to the bowl game). Any other Duke Blue in the sea of Tech Gold? I'll be in Section 106.

Cool. Give us a report!

-jk

Henderson
02-17-2014, 07:22 PM

Sweet! The Varsity for onion rings before the game.

Troublemaker
02-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Update on a couple of GaTech injuries:

GT Men's Basketball ‏@GTMBK 7h

.@GTBrianGregory says Trae Golden questionable for tomorrow night. Holsey tweaked his knee in BC game, hasn't done much in practice.

DU82
02-17-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm with SirBlue. Taking 2 hours out of studying to see Duke and dream of a possible upset is the way every Tech student will approach tomorrow night. The Triller Dome ain;t what it used to be back when Bobby Cremins was coaching, but any road game is a hard game.

The Thriller Dome is no more, completed rebuilt a couple of years ago. Same location, new arena.

gofurman
02-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Robert Carter is back for Georgia Tech. Will be interesting to see how we rebound against him and Miller together. Hopefully we have a good showing on the boards after not a good showing against Maryland.

Something to check on is Trae Golden's status leading into this game. He has missed 2 of the past 3 games with groin issues.

This - Robert Carter is an impressive player on the glass. Something we struggle with at times. I think this is a far tougher out than GT was at Cameron - why? A. its on the road B. Robert Carter did not play last time and is their best menace inside to eat up the boards. Those two things together are easily worth 10+ points in my opinion

Can NOT take this lightly. Vegas had us as 13 pts better than Md and we see how that played out. Lets survive tech and have a perfect game vs UNC !

freshmanjs
02-17-2014, 10:23 PM
You can't use WatchESPN with DirecTV. It's not one of the authorized providers. Which sucks. I'm in the same boat.

that's not necessarily completely true. you can use it to watch espn3 if your internet provider allows it. to do this you need to sign in via your internet provider. you cannot use it to watch any of the other espn networks as quoted above.

i am able to watch espn3 as a verizon fios internet subscriber, but i cannot watch anything else on watchespn as a directv tv subscriber.

gofurman
02-17-2014, 10:35 PM

Me 0- if ever there was a week to try it, this is it. 4 games in a week (or 8 days)? Harsh to say the least. Would really like to be more rested than UNC and at least have some legs left for Syracuse. this is tough to be sure - and no one got a rest vs Maryland the way that played out - Jabari, Rasheed and Amile played 39, 35, and 34 minutes respectively which concerns me a little. We all recall Singler saying he hit a wall and wore down after all those 39 minute games... At least w Amile playing inside I guess Jabari isn't guarding the opposing 5 spot too much is he?

Is Jabari usually guarding the opposing 4?

Kedsy
02-18-2014, 12:01 AM
Me 0- if ever there was a week to try it, this is it. 4 games in a week (or 8 days)? Harsh to say the least. Would really like to be more rested than UNC and at least have some legs left for Syracuse. this is tough to be sure - and no one got a rest vs Maryland the way that played out - Jabari, Rasheed and Amile played 39, 35, and 34 minutes respectively which concerns me a little. We all recall Singler saying he hit a wall and wore down after all those 39 minute games...

This again? First of all, the year Kyle Singler said he hit the "wall" was his freshman year, a season in which he averaged 28.6 minutes a game (and only got as high as 39 minutes once, on December 20). His highest minute per game average in his four years was his junior season, when he averaged 35.9 mpg but still looked plenty fresh in the championship game (at least until Matt Howard leveled Kyle on the last play of the game).

The idea that our players would have "some legs left" in the Syracuse game if only they had played a few fewer minutes in the Maryland game, a full week earlier is, if you'll pardon my saying so, ludicrous.

fuse
02-18-2014, 08:07 AM
Bump for our most important game- today's!

Go Devils, beat the Jackets!

jipops
02-18-2014, 09:33 AM
I hope we see better pg play. Or this could be an ugly draining slugfest.

Brockt10
02-18-2014, 09:37 AM
This again? First of all, the year Kyle Singler said he hit the "wall" was his freshman year, a season in which he averaged 28.6 minutes a game (and only got as high as 39 minutes once, on December 20). His highest minute per game average in his four years was his junior season, when he averaged 35.9 mpg but still looked plenty fresh in the championship game (at least until Matt Howard leveled Kyle on the last play of the game).

The idea that our players would have "some legs left" in the Syracuse game if only they had played a few fewer minutes in the Maryland game, a full week earlier is, if you'll pardon my saying so, ludicrous.

I they could average 25-30 minutes a game instead of 35-40 minutes a game for the three games leading up to Syracuse it would be as if they didn't have 30 extra minutes of game time throughout the week. That is almost a full games worth of minutes they were rested. I do think this would have a positive influence on their play Saturday.

UrinalCake
02-18-2014, 09:54 AM
These guys practice four hours a day. Instead of reducing Parker's game minutes from 35 to 30 tonight, how about we just shorten Wednesday's practice from four hours to three hours and 55 minutes?

I know it's not the same, but I'm just trying to prove a point... a few minutes of game time is not going to cause long-term fatigue. Fatigue WITHIN a game is an issue, but I get the sense that Coach K wants the players to learn to deal with that, which is exactly WHY he's playing the starters a lot of minutes.

Troublemaker
02-18-2014, 10:14 AM
This - Robert Carter is an impressive player on the glass. Something we struggle with at times. I think this is a far tougher out than GT was at Cameron - why? A. its on the road B. Robert Carter did not play last time and is their best menace inside to eat up the boards. Those two things together are easily worth 10+ points in my opinion

Can NOT take this lightly. Vegas had us as 13 pts better than Md and we see how that played out. Lets survive tech and have a perfect game vs UNC !

I feel pretty good about Duke's chances of a comfortable win tonight. GaTech may have Carter back but Duke is also much improved from the team that allowed GaTech to hang around for half in Cameron. Not sure yet if I'll put money on it, but I do like Duke to cover tonight's point spread of 11 points.

OldPhiKap
02-18-2014, 10:45 AM
With the stretch of games coming up, mental fatigue is perhaps a bigger issue than physical tiredness. We should be okay on the prep, given that we already prepped for UNC and already played Syracuse just a few weeks ago.

It will be a good challenge, and at the end of the day I am more interested in making sure that we become a tougher mental team from this test than the results of any particular game. Even though as a fan I really want to beat all three -- soundly. But long term (i.e. for this time next month) the ability to stay focused through adversity can really make us formidable.

Kedsy
02-18-2014, 12:35 PM
With the stretch of games coming up, mental fatigue is perhaps a bigger issue than physical tiredness. We should be okay on the prep, given that we already prepped for UNC and already played Syracuse just a few weeks ago.

It will be a good challenge, and at the end of the day I am more interested in making sure that we become a tougher mental team from this test than the results of any particular game. Even though as a fan I really want to beat all three -- soundly. But long term (i.e. for this time next month) the ability to stay focused through adversity can really make us formidable.

I agree, and Coach K is a master at coaching the mental aspects of situations like this. He's also done pretty well when Duke plays three games in five or fewer days. Since the beginning of the 1983-84 season, Duke has played three games in five or fewer days 52 times and won the third game 45 times (86.5%). Since 1999-2000, when the third team is ranked, we're a perfect 10-0.

For a full breakdown of situations like this, see this article I wrote for Blue Devil Nation (http://bluedevilnation.net/2014/02/three-games-five-days-many-duke/).

dairedevil
02-18-2014, 02:49 PM
In the spirit of taking each game at a time, and not looking ahead to the big game(s) later in the week, I think that the discussion about tonight's game should be above the pre-game discussion for Thursday. So, bump!

Bob Green
02-18-2014, 04:05 PM
The current consensus in Vegas has Duke favored by 11 points with the over/under set at 140.5 points so Vegas is looking for a score in the neighborhood of 76-65. We need to shoot better than we did in the last game and hit the boards hard.

SirBlueDevil
02-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Enjoy the game tonight blue devil nation as i intend to do, heading home from the office now so as to relax get both my eat and drink on then meditate for one full hour prior to tip off to get my mind right.

Yelling and screaming at the tv while making sure not to put my foot through it takes years of buddist monk training!

Go Duke Blue!

NashvilleDevil
02-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Any chance Duke/GT will televised since the IU/Iowa game has been postponed due to a portion of Assembly Hall falling into the stands? Somehow this will be blamed on Duke's bus not being able to make it to Durham.

SirBlueDevil
02-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Isn't everything that goes wrong in the world of college basketball blamed on the blue devils Nashville'D? hahaha

tbyers11
02-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Any chance Duke/GT will televised since the IU/Iowa game has been postponed due to a portion of Assembly Hall falling into the stands? Somehow this will be blamed on Duke's bus not being able to make it to Durham.

Maybe. They've got Duke-GT, UVa-VT, and Northern Iowa-Drake on ESPN FullCourt at 9pm EST. Which one do you think would pull in more eyeballs?

Would have given sporks for "The blaming it on Duke's bus comment" but I guess I've sporked you too recently

gotoguy
02-18-2014, 04:43 PM
It's 70 degrees presently in Atlanta and forecast for 61 at gametime. I will be heading to the game with my son in shirt sleeves. What a difference a week makes. Survive and advance. GTHC GTH(after tonight's game)

OldPhiKap
02-18-2014, 05:22 PM
Maybe. They've got Duke-GT, UVa-VT, and Northern Iowa-Drake on ESPN FullCourt at 9pm EST. Which one do you think would pull in more eyeballs?

Would have given sporks for "The blaming it on Duke's bus comment" but I guess I've sporked you too recently

Northern Iowa is taking on a single rapper? Drake is neither Notorious nor is he B.I.G. Gimme Northern Iowa by 50.

NSDukeFan
02-18-2014, 05:24 PM
Northern Iowa is taking on a single rapper? Drake is neither Notorious nor is he B.I.G. Gimme Northern Iowa by 50.

He should team up with Oral Roberts and George Washington to at least give himself a chance.

OldPhiKap
02-18-2014, 05:28 PM

He should team up with Oral Roberts and George Washington to at least give himself a chance.

I take it back, the Toronto Raptors apparently have Drake's back:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/basketball/raptors-sign-rap-star-drake-to-add-flash-promote-all-star-game/article14597789/

But seriously, I would think Duke-GT would be the biggest draw of the three although you could make a case for UVa-VT. Especially since ESPN has us twice more in the next few days.

tbyers11
02-18-2014, 05:30 PM

Agreed that UNI should beat down Drake.

However, if they played Prince (http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/today-10th-anniversary-prince-sketch-chappelles-show/) it might be a different story (Link takes you a story that today is the 10th Anniversary of the Prince playing basketball sketch on Chappelle's Show. Complete with video that I didn't want to directly embed because of some NSFW language.)

To get this back on topic, I look for Duke to play a strong game tonight. Robert Carter is back but GTech has lots of other injuries. Duke is also playing much better overall than they were at the time of the first game. The closeness of the MD game should keep the team from looking ahead to UNC.

OldPhiKap
02-18-2014, 05:37 PM
Agreed that UNI should beat down Drake.

However, if they played Prince (http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/today-10th-anniversary-prince-sketch-chappelles-show/) it might be a different story (Link takes you a story that today is the 10th Anniversary of the Prince playing basketball sketch on Chappelle's Show. Complete with video that I didn't want to directly embed because of some NSFW language.)

To get this back on topic, I look for Duke to play a strong game tonight. Robert Carter is back but GTech has lots of other injuries. Duke is also playing much better overall than they were at the time of the first game. The closeness of the MD game should keep the team from looking ahead to UNC.

"Game -- blouses"

Tech has been destroyed by injuries this year, which is too bad. I like the Jackets and would love to see them get back to competitive. They have a good coach, a very good institution, and a city that should be an absolute cake recruit spot.

InSpades
02-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Looks like Georgia vs. Tennessee is the replacement game... so ESPN3 will have to do for tonight. Doesn't look like we are getting the game in NJ.

mpj96
02-18-2014, 06:30 PM
Bump to bring this back up to the top. UNC is our big rival, but GA Tech is the team we play tonight.

GA Tech has been plagued with injuries. We beat them handily earlier at home, but the first half was a lot closer than the score at the end.

Here's hoping we don't let them hang around on their home court.

Dev11
02-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Anybody know a free way to reliably get the Duke radio feed for a game? I know I can use the GoDuke player, but it doesn't work on my phone. I'd rather have Bob Harris than nothing.

Duvall
02-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Anybody know a free way to reliably get the Duke radio feed for a game? I know I can use the GoDuke player, but it doesn't work on my phone. I'd rather have Bob Harris than nothing.

Are you trying to use the app or the website on your phone?

fuse
02-18-2014, 07:49 PM
I hope we see better pg play. Or this could be an ugly draining slugfest.

Laura Keeley reported earlier today that Quin was upset that he was left off the Cousy award finalist list. I hope that means we see Quin come out with a chip on his shoulder and take the team to the next level with some stellar unselfish play.

Dev11
02-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Are you trying to use the app or the website on your phone?

Website. I'll try the app, good idea.

CLW
02-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Why does Duke always have that one game on the schedule that ends up on "The Ocho"?

OldPhiKap
02-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Website. I'll try the app, good idea.

There is a station in Albemarle, NC in the Duke network that had a great radio stream. Have not checked there since ESPN3, but it is the A.M. Sports station here. (1010?)

moonpie23
02-18-2014, 08:19 PM
are they allowed to stream the game? even KIX can't stream the game here in raleigh……..i think it's locked up on the Duke network thingie…

perhaps we should start a FRIENDS OF DUKE slingbox time share…...

riverside6
02-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Live tempo-based stats for Duke/Georgia Tech, starters posted...

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=20121

Troublemaker
02-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Hopefully a live stream of the game will be available at the following link in about 10 minutes:

http://www.theacc.com/#!/GameCenter/52685b9be4b0f86829b3c7f9

CLW
02-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Stream up and running on espn3.com

Thornton starting over Cook again at the 1.

stillcrazie
02-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Stream up and running on espn3.com

Thornton starting over Cook again at the 1.

Blocked out in D'ham.

CLW
02-18-2014, 09:14 PM
GREAT start. Amile with a beautiful move there in the post.

CLW
02-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Line Change

JNort
02-18-2014, 09:17 PM
GREAT start. Amile with a beautiful move there in the post.

Just beautiful.

CLW
02-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Ga Tech may be "victim" to the law of averages tonight after the poor shooting performance against the Terps. Right now 206.9 Off Eff with a 100% eFG% nearly 5 minutes in.

CLW
02-18-2014, 09:20 PM
1st Team coming back in in mass. Hairston with 2 blocks in the shift.

CLW
02-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Couple of nice plays by Jones tonight coming down with the ball against a GT big and then that steal. Cook seeing the ball fall in can't hurt either.

wsb3
Cook. Hope this gets him going for the stretch run.

NYBri
Quinn back on track?

rsvman
Cook shooting it well

NYBri
02-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Glad to see the line change back.

CLW
02-18-2014, 09:36 PM
WOW Amile with another nice basket and one.

arnie
02-18-2014, 09:38 PM

What a start. Been playing great on the road since the debacle at Clemson.

NYBri
The last two trips with the motion offense leading to Dre Trey, and then the break to Jefferson's soft, high bucket. Beautiful!

Billy Dat

Classic Tim Brando call, "Jefferson with a Roberta Flack, killing it softly off the glass".

Everyone under the age of 40 scratches their head.

PSurprise
02-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Lordy, would Semi really be that much of a downgrade from Hairston?

CLW
02-18-2014, 09:40 PM
Josh trying to set record for quickest foul out ever.

PSurprise
02-18-2014, 09:41 PM

I think his fouls per 40 min would be about 15 at this point

ChrisP
02-18-2014, 09:42 PM

Hairston getting NO benefit of the doubt from the refs. That block call against him a little while ago was atrocious!!! And the last foul they called on him where the GT guy drove into the teeth of the D and then basically fell down because it was too crowded was pretty awful, too.

wsb3
02-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Classic Tim Brando call, "Jefferson with a Roberta Flack, killing it softly off the glass".

Everyone under the age of 40 scratches their head.

Not scratching my head..

NYBri
02-18-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech outmanned at this point. Duke offense running on high test.

Ultrarunner
02-18-2014, 09:45 PM

I think Reggie Love holds that record. Reggie used to get his money's worth for every foul.

Billy Dat
02-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Not scratching my head..

Nice, a youngster knowing Roberta Flack. Let's see if you catch Brando's forthcoming "Courtship of Eddie's Father" reference.

K calls timeout to presumably set up the 2 for 1?

JNort
02-18-2014, 09:51 PM
Lordy, would Semi really be that much of a downgrade from Hairston?

Nope it would most likely be an improvement but we aren't coaching the game so it won't happen.

Billy Dat
02-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Great first half, we look really tough...solid on both ends.

CLW
02-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Very nice half. Offense was really clicking and the shots were falling. D wasn't stellar but pretty solid Holsey and Carter are having good games.

stillcrazie

Sorry if this was already posted.

PSurprise
Nice, a youngster knowing Roberta Flack. Let's see if you catch Brando's forthcoming "Courtship of Eddie's Father" reference.

I think must of us "young'uns" can thank The Fugees for knowing the KMS reference

wsb3
02-18-2014, 09:56 PM

No not a youngster by any chance. I remember my older sister playing her records when I was a teenager. And yes old enough for sure to remember courtship of Eddie's Father.

Good half. I will take it. I was hoping Quin would hit those open 3's. Like to get him back going.

That was a remarkable shot Jefferson hit when he got fouled. Lot of good body control going on. I really like him.

arnie
02-18-2014, 09:59 PM

Sorry if this was already posted.

There is another ACC game at half - I dare not mention the teams.

Saratoga2
02-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Nope it would most likely be an improvement but we aren't coaching the game so it won't happen.

Hairston got quite a few minutes, no points, no rebounds, 3 fouls and one assist. Not much of a stat line.

Is Plumlee hurt? Marshall got little PT in half. Semi is at least JOsh's equal. I like the fact that coach K is using heavy substitutions tonight so maybe Semi will get some time in the second half.

dairedevil
02-18-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm just happy that it hasn't been a foul fest...well,except for Josh.

downeastdad
02-18-2014, 10:06 PM
Nice game so far. A little early, but it looks like men against boys.
Go Duke.

GGLC
02-18-2014, 10:07 PM
I love love love Amile's offensive feel and repertoire.

GGLC
02-18-2014, 10:10 PM
Tyler just refuses to take open layups. Perplexing.

Wildling
02-18-2014, 10:12 PM

His layup is past the 3 point arc :D

CLW
02-18-2014, 10:15 PM

His layup is past the 3 point arc :D

Yeah but his over unselfishness bit us in the Dome so I'm not sure why he continues to pass on these easy layups.

wsb3
02-18-2014, 10:19 PM
I just discovered Wilmington area is viewing the game on Me TV..111 in Wilmington. 99 at Carolina beach where I live. I never knew they carried a game. If your subscriber has that channel try it.

Dukehky
02-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Just started watching at start of 2nd half. Glad to hear K's sub patterns have expanded this game. The defense has been INCREDIBLE this second half. I know GT isn't the most offensively gifted team in the world, but they look like a high school team on offense out there. I'd like to sag back a bit at around the 10 minute mark because it is hard to maintain this level of pressure defense throughout an entire half. Or at least put the bench on to take some run at it.

Rodney looks like he's come out of his mini-slump. What's the deal with QC? Has he gotten any run tonight?

Billy Dat
02-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Another great Brando moment...after the recent play where Tyler, after making a steal and tiptoeing along the sideline, forced a pass ahead and turned it back over, Brando says, "Great pressure, Mike will live with that" as the camera cuts to K yelling out the F word.

PSurprise
02-18-2014, 10:26 PM
And Josh has added to his fouling repertoire once again

CLW
02-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Hairston with his 4th foul. I feel bad for the kid as the year has not gone well for him. I even saw on Twitter he posted/commented he was going through a tough time mentally.

Troublemaker
02-18-2014, 10:28 PM
Hairston got quite a few minutes, no points, no rebounds, 3 fouls and one assist. Not much of a stat line.

Is Plumlee hurt? Marshall got little PT in half. Semi is at least JOsh's equal. I like the fact that coach K is using heavy substitutions tonight so maybe Semi will get some time in the second half.

MP3 played plenty in the 1st half. His not recording a stat during his time in the game (thus not showing up in the box score for those unable to watch) was basically a fluke.

Marc81
02-18-2014, 10:29 PM
And Josh has added to his fouling repertoire once again

He is nothing if he's not consistent.

jipops
02-18-2014, 10:30 PM
2nd unit did not show well.

Tons of time left in this one. GTech going on a surge here.

GGLC
02-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Hairston with his 4th foul. I feel bad for the kid as the year has not gone well for him. I even saw on Twitter he posted/commented he was going through a tough time mentally.

That's sad to hear. I hope he hangs in there.

NYBri
02-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Gone cold.

CLW
02-18-2014, 10:33 PM
I wish Parker would remove the fade way/step back jumper from his game. I don't have the stats but it cannot be a high % shot for him.

Billy Dat
02-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Although Tyler got away with a foul on that first steal, I love his toughness. Hopefully Jabari can knock down these freebies and we push this back to 17. We've gotten some decent looks, glad we got back to the line.

rsvman
02-18-2014, 10:36 PM
This has been a pretty impressive nonslaught.
No points in almost five minutes. Yikes

NYBri
02-18-2014, 10:37 PM
Hate these droughts.

jipops
02-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Tech attacking the rim now. Causing us problems

NYBri
02-18-2014, 10:38 PM
How about some D now ?

NYBri
02-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Out of control!

rsvman
02-18-2014, 10:41 PM
That's more like it!

Billy Dat
02-18-2014, 10:47 PM
Big sequence when they cut it to 12. Cook and Dawkins for Rasheed and Thornton. Rodney bricks that 3, Amile grabs the board and goes right out to him for the 3. Jabari gets a block on the other end, comes down, battles Miller for the board and gets the And 1. We go back up 18 and I think we broke their spirit. Jabari's one-on-one defense has come along. I also like some of the action we are getting off this benign looking weave 25 feet from the hoop. It kind of lulls the D to sleep and then someone attacks, like Quinn on that last drive.

Billy Dat
02-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Our foul shooting is really bad tonight, though.

GGLC
02-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Our foul shooting is really bad tonight, though.

Yeah, it's crazy.

NYBri
02-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Big sequence when they cut it to 12. Cook and Dawkins for Rasheed and Thornton. Rodney bricks that 3, Amile grabs the board and goes right out to him for the 3. Jabari gets a block on the other end, comes down, battles Miller for the board and gets the And 1. We go back up 18 and I think we broke their spirit. Jabari's one-on-one defense has come along. I also like some of the action we are getting off this benign looking weave 25 feet from the hoop. It kind of lulls the D to sleep and then someone attacks, like Quinn on that last drive.

Turning point right there.

CLW
02-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Offense has gone COLD since Tech switched to that matchup zone like defense. However, the effort on D stayed high which is a good sign.

Grey Devil
02-18-2014, 10:59 PM
This half has been painfully ugly. The offensive slow down now makes sense though with two big games in the next four days.

Grey Devil

Billy Dat
02-18-2014, 11:01 PM
First half - fantastic
Second half - unwatchable, not because we were bad, just boring, clock killing, no scoring, blah

CLW
02-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Surprised we didn't see more wave substitutions in the 2nd half. Even more surprised the Blue team isn't in now with the game well in hand.