PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Parker Freshman Points

ksimp112
02-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Not sure if this has already been discussed but with talks in another thread of Dawkins reaching 1,000 points, and with the multiple 20 pt games that Parker has had this season, it made me curious as to how close he was to becoming the all-time freshman scorering leader at Duke.

As of today heading into the Maryland game, he is 36 points away from passing Redick and 47 pts away from passing Johnny Dawkins. With his scoring outbreak against Boston College last week, he passed Kyle Singler to move into third place on the list.

If he keeps up his current average of 19.2 pts per game, he should become the all-time freshman scoring leader either against UNC or Syracus later this week.

Just thought this was some elite company that Paker was joining.

Dawkins - 506
Redick- 495
Parker - 460
Singler- 451

OldPhiKap
02-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Not sure if this has already been discussed but with talks in another thread of Dawkins reaching 1,000 points, and with the multiple 20 pt games that Parker has had this season, it made me curious as to how close he was to becoming the all-time freshman scorering leader at Duke.

As of today heading into the Maryland game, he is 36 points away from passing Redick and 47 pts away from passing Johnny Dawkins. With his scoring outbreak against Boston College last week, he passed Kyle Singler to move into third place on the list.

If he keeps up his current average of 19.2 pts per game, he should become the all-time freshman scoring leader either against UNC or Syracus later this week.

Just thought this was some elite company that Paker was joining.

Dawkins - 506
Redick- 495
Parker - 460
Singler- 451

Impressive.

I should note that JD did not have the benefit of a three point shot, except an experimental one his freshman year and he did not take many.

I don't recall Singler being that high.

yancem
02-15-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from but Sat Geek has Gene Banks as having 581 points his freshman year, Luol Deng as having 558, Austin Rivers had 527 and Jason Williams had 492. So Parker still has some work to do but he should still end up with the most points by a freshman.

davekay1971
02-15-2014, 04:46 PM
The one stat/company I want to see Jabari accomplish: joining Grant Hill as a difference making Freshman starting on a Duke national championship team.

ksimp112
02-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Guess I will never trust what I read on insidecarolina again :cool:

Bob Green
02-15-2014, 05:04 PM
The one stat/company I want to see Jabari accomplish: joining Grant Hill as a difference making Freshman starting on a Duke national championship team.

Spot on!!! The team is looking better and better, and Mr. Parker is looking better and better. A freshman Grant Hill had the ability to take over a game, Jabari might just get there by March/April.

ksimp112
02-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Updated list:

Banks - 581
Deng - 558
Rivers - 527
Dawkins - 506
J. Williams - 492
Redick- 495
Parker - 460
Singler- 451

On a side note does anyone have a list of the top scoring all-time freshman ACC list?

OldPhiKap
02-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Updated list:

Banks - 581
Deng - 558
Rivers - 527
Dawkins - 506
J. Williams - 492
Redick- 495
Parker - 460
Singler- 451

On a side note does anyone have a list of the top scoring all-time freshman ACC list?

And help me remember when freshman could start play varsity.

davekay1971
02-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Updated list:

Banks - 581
Deng - 558
Rivers - 527
Dawkins - 506
J. Williams - 492
Redick- 495
Parker - 460
Singler- 451

Weirdly enough, i could not find that list! However, the best info I found was that Kenny Anderson averaged 20.6 ppg for Georgia Tech in 1990 as the point guard for the Yellow Jackets Final Four team that had the misfortune of running into UNLV 2 days before Duke had the misfortune of running into UNLV. During that sensational season, Anderson also dished out 8.1 assists per game, many of them to Dennis "Twinkie" Scott. Great freshman, great year, and a great team.

davekay1971
02-15-2014, 05:41 PM

1972. Which is why David Thompson isn't the best freshman ever to play in the ACC.

Bob Green
02-15-2014, 05:43 PM

Starting with the 72-73 season, freshmen were eligible to play on the varsity team. Or, the way I remember it, the year after David Thompson was a freshman.

Henderson
02-15-2014, 09:05 PM

Dude, he's from Oregon.

Edouble
02-15-2014, 10:07 PM
Guess I will never trust what I read on insidecarolina again :cool:

You had trusted them up until this point?

brevity
02-16-2014, 01:24 AM

Dude, he's from Oregon.

Nice. I'll approach this more literally. Video evidence that Kyle Singler has been approximately 210 feet high:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBSQf0wWiKw

Olympic Fan
02-16-2014, 01:54 AM
Weirdly enough, i could not find that list! However, the best info I found was that Kenny Anderson averaged 20.6 ppg for Georgia Tech in 1990 as the point guard for the Yellow Jackets Final Four team that had the misfortune of running into UNLV 2 days before Duke had the misfortune of running into UNLV. During that sensational season, Anderson also dished out 8.1 assists per game, many of them to Dennis "Twinkie" Scott. Great freshman, great year, and a great team.

The ACC only lists the top freshman seasons by scoring average ... not by total points. Anderson does lead that with 20.6 ppg. But checking elsewhere, I see that he played 35 games that season (Georgia Tech lost to UNLV in the Final Four), so he would have scored 721 points. I'd be willing to bet that's the ACC freshman scoring record.

The NCAA record is also hard to find. I suspect it belongs to Jason Conley of VMI in 2002. He's the only freshman ever to lead the NCAA in scoring ... he averaged over 29 points a game and scored 820 points for his freshman season.

Parker is very likely to get Gene Banks' Duke record.

Kenny Anderson's ACC record and Jason Conley's NCAA record would appear to be out of reach.

PS Give me a day or two and I'll post an ACC top 10 in scoring.

Old Phi Kap, I don't understand your comment about JD not having benefit of a 3-point shot for most of his career. Certainly that impacts his career point total, but he DID have it -- a short, 19-foot 3-pointer -- for most of his freshman year (a few non-conference teams opted not to use the experimental rules, but most did. JD hit 19 of 54 3s as a freshman.

Edouble
02-16-2014, 02:29 AM
Spot on!!! The team is looking better and better, and Mr. Parker is looking better and better. A freshman Grant Hill had the ability to take over a game, Jabari might just get there by March/April.

I would consider Jabari's performance against BC as "taking over a game".

If you want better competition, Jabari certainly took over the November game against Kansas, in the first half.

OldPhiKap
02-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Old Phi Kap, I don't understand your comment about JD not having benefit of a 3-point shot for most of his career. Certainly that impacts his career point total, but he DID have it -- a short, 19-foot 3-pointer -- for most of his freshman year (a few non-conference teams opted not to use the experimental rules, but most did. JD hit 19 of 54 3s as a freshman.

Exactly, that was pretty small in comparison to, say, JJ who was 95 for 258 his freshman year and grew up with the line in high school as well. For JD and Duke, it was a novelty and we did not take as many. (And as you point out, it was not even consistently available during the season).

My main point -- with which I assume you would agree -- is that if the three point line had been around for JD's formative years and all of his freshman year (let alone career) his points would even be higher. Johnny had outside came as well as a crazy jackknife drive.

Olympic Fan
02-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Exactly, that was pretty small in comparison to, say, JJ who was 95 for 258 his freshman year and grew up with the line in high school as well. For JD and Duke, it was a novelty and we did not take as many. (And as you point out, it was not even consistently available during the season).

My main point -- with which I assume you would agree -- is that if the three point line had been around for JD's formative years and all of his freshman year (let alone career) his points would even be higher. Johnny had outside came as well as a crazy jackknife drive.

Actually, I don't think it would have made much difference to his freshman scoring totals ... maybe a dozen points or so (It was really only a couple of games without the 3... and in the games he did have it, it was three-feet shorter than the current line). Although Johnny could shoot, long range marksmanship was never his forte. He was the master of the pull-up jumper, using his quickness and his leaping ability to get off short jump shots or to finish at the rim. Really, how many teams would consistently lob to 6-1 guards?

What really hurt Johnny's freshman scoring total was the fact that Duke played just 28 games -- just 27 in regular season and one postseason game. Normally, we end up with 35-to-40. Redick has 33 games as a freshman ... Ferry played in 40.

OldPhiKap
02-16-2014, 02:01 PM
What really hurt Johnny's freshman scoring total was the fact that Duke played just 28 games -- just 27 in regular season and one postseason game. Normally, we end up with 35-to-40. Redick has 33 games as a freshman ... Ferry played in 40.

See, I would have bet that Ferry was in the top five, although he was on a team with Dawkins and Alarie.

Would not have thought of Austin being that high, although I guess he took more total shots than a good part of that list.

Olympic Fan
02-16-2014, 02:06 PM
I just finished working out the ACC's top 10 freshman scorers. I'm not 100 percent sure of this list, but I think it's right:

1. 721 -- Kenny Anderson, GT
2. 680 -- Stephon Marbury, GT
3. 607 -- Dion Glover, GT
4. 594 -- Rashad McCants, UNC
5. 587 -- Tyler Hansbrough, UNC
6. 582 -- Joe Smith, Maryland
7. 581 -- Gene Banks, Duke
8. 568 -- Mark Price, GT
9. 563 -- Skip Wise, Clemson
10. 558 -- Luol Deng, Duke

Jabari Parker is at 483 after the Maryland game. At his current rate (19.32 points a game), he'll finish the regular season with 96-97 more points. That would leave him just behind the Hansbrough-Smith-Banks trio. I still don't think he can catch Marbury for second place, but with decent postseason success, he could come in third place

And since the ACC ranks freshman scorers by average, his current 19.32 average would be 4th, just behind third-place Joe Smith (19.4) and just ahead of Tyler Hansbrough (18.9)

He is also on pace to become the first freshman to lead the ACC in rebounding since Joe Smith in 1994. His current average of 8.5 would rank 12th in ACC freshman history.

tbyers11
02-16-2014, 02:17 PM
I just finished working out the ACC's top 10 freshman scorers. I'm not 100 percent sure of this list, but I think it's right:

8. 568 -- Mark Price, GT

Jabari Parker is at 483 after the Maryland game. At his current rate (19.32 points a game), he'll finish the regular season with 96-97 more points. That would leave him just behind the Hansbrough-Smith-Banks trio. I still don't think he can catch Marbury for second place, but with decent postseason success, he could come in third place

And since the ACC ranks freshman scorers by average, his current 19.32 average would be 4th, just behind third-place Joe Smith (19.4) and just ahead of Tyler Hansbrough (18.9)

He is also on pace to become the first freshman to lead the ACC in rebounding since Joe Smith in 1994. His current average of 8.5 would rank 12th in ACC freshman history.

OF, I'm missing something or my math disagrees with yours. We have 6 regular season games left (UNC makeup). At his current average that is 115 points which would put him at 598, just ahead of McCants. If we make it to the ACC tourney final (3 games) and to the Elite 8 (4 games), which are not unreasonable assumptions, Jabari would accumulate another 135 points putting him at 733 and first on the list for total points.

Jabari obviously has to keep scoring at a good clip and we have to have some postseason success but I think he has a decent chance at besting Anderson for total points.

P.S. Thanks for digging up the list

Edouble
02-16-2014, 03:13 PM
OF, I'm missing something or my math disagrees with yours. We have 6 regular season games left (UNC makeup). At his current average that is 115 points which would put him at 598, just ahead of McCants. If we make it to the ACC tourney final (3 games) and to the Elite 8 (4 games), which are not unreasonable assumptions, Jabari would accumulate another 135 points putting him at 733 and first on the list for total points.

Jabari obviously has to keep scoring at a good clip and we have to have some postseason success but I think he has a decent chance at besting Anderson for total points.

P.S. Thanks for digging up the list

As Olympic Fan points out, total points are one thing, scoring average is another.

Although we have not used words like "best" or "greatest" to this point (it has simply been a matter of "most points"), it would be difficult for me to consider Jabari the "best" freshman scorer over Anderson if he does not beat out his scoring average.

Kenny Anderson led GA Tech to the ACC Title and to the Final Four his freshman year. Jabari has had the advantage of playing more games. If Jabari doesn't take the team as far as Anderson did, but acquires more total points as a result of playing more regular season games, I would still think of Kenny Anderson as the best freshman scorer in ACC history.

The 1989-90 Yellow Jackets went 28-7, for a total of 35 games played. If this year's Blue Devils play in the ACC Championship game and the Elite Eight, as tbyers11 suggests, we would have played a total of 38 games. Considering Anderson's post season success, but the uncontrollable disadvantage of his having played less games, I can't think of Jabari as being a better scorer than Anderson.

If Jabari takes us as far as Anderson went, or if he pumps up his scoring average above Anderson's over the next (hypothetical) 13 games, I would reconsider at that point.

throatybeard
02-16-2014, 05:13 PM

The above in bold is inaccurate. It was 17'-9":

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1120494/index.htm

Here's a picture, from Reynolds:

ksimp112
02-16-2014, 06:30 PM

8. 568 -- Mark Price, GT

This is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to find all of this.

Edouble
02-16-2014, 06:41 PM
The above in bold is inaccurate. It was 17'-9":

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1120494/index.htm

Here's a picture, from Reynolds:

I love the integrity of this shooter. Knowing that the 17'-9" three point line isn't a fair distance, he pulls up for a respectable 21 footer!

brevity
02-16-2014, 06:55 PM

8. 568 -- Mark Price, GT

Gave you sporks for putting this list together. Really surprising that Georgia Tech hasn't used its history (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Coast_Conference_Men's_Basketball_Rookie_ of_the_Year) to its advantage in the one-and-done era. It's just Chris Bosh and Derrick Favors, right?

-jk
02-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Gave you sporks for putting this list together. Really surprising that Georgia Tech hasn't used its history (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Coast_Conference_Men's_Basketball_Rookie_ of_the_Year) to its advantage in the one-and-done era. It's just Chris Bosh and Derrick Favors, right?

I miss Cremins. One and done killed him.

-jk

Edouble
02-16-2014, 07:19 PM

Nope. Also Thadeus Young and Javaris Crittenton, drafted 12th and 19th, respectively, in the 2007 NBA Draft.

throatybeard
02-17-2014, 11:55 AM
I love the integrity of this shooter. Knowing that the 17'-9" three point line isn't a fair distance, he pulls up for a respectable 21 footer

Who is that? I can't make his jersey number. Since he's Caucasian, my educated guess is is Terry Gannon.

Who has been great, BTW, this week in figure skating and ice dance coverage, with Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir.

JasonEvans
02-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Who is that? I can't make his jersey number. Since he's Caucasian, my educated guess is is Terry Gannon.

Growing up in the 1980s, whenever my brother and I played pickup, if someone would hoist from deep we'd yell, "Gannon!!!"

-Jason "he was fun to watch" Evans

ksimp112
02-19-2014, 04:01 PM
After Georgia Tech game. Would like to see him put up 30+ tomorrow night.

Banks - 581
Deng - 558
Rivers - 527
Dawkins - 506
Parker - 499
J. Williams - 492
Parker - 460
Singler- 451

ksimp112
02-21-2014, 09:23 AM
After UNC game.

Banks - 581
Deng - 558
Rivers - 527
Parker - 516
Dawkins - 506
J. Williams - 492
Parker - 460
Singler- 451

ksimp112
02-23-2014, 02:43 PM
After the Cuse game in which Parker had a quite 19, with a nice put back dunk. Vitale made a comment last night that by the end of Parker's freshman season, he would have the record for all-time points and rebounds by a freshman at Duke.

Banks - 581
Deng - 558
Parker - 535
Rivers - 527
Dawkins - 506
J. Williams - 492
Singler- 451

Edouble
02-23-2014, 02:53 PM
After the Cuse game in which Parker had a quite 19, with a nice put back dunk. Vitale made a comment last night that by the end of Parker's freshman season, he would have the record for all-time points and rebounds by a freshman at Duke.

Banks - 581
Deng - 558
Parker - 535
Rivers - 527
Dawkins - 506
J. Williams - 492
Singler- 451

I'm impressed that he knew it and that he said it!

I'll say that they last two games that have featured a pair of color guys have been so much more enjoyable to listen to, as it dilutes Vitale's contributions and tends to keep him from going on long winded, irrelevant tirades.

Olympic Fan
02-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Just to update the comment about Jabari's rebounds, Duke freshmen leaders are:

1. Gene Banks 292
2. Mike Gminski 289
3. Luol Deng 255
4. Jabari Parker 247
5. Shane Battier 230
6. Danny Ferry 221
7. Kenny Dennard 215
8, Carlos Boozer 213
9. Kyle Singler 198
10. Josh McRoberts 189

Gminski has the record for the best rebound average at 10.7 -- that's not going to be threatened.

Jabari is currently second at 8.8 ... Banks at 8.6 is the only one close.

Indoor66
02-23-2014, 03:54 PM

1. Gene Banks 292
2. Mike Gminski 289
3. Luol Deng 255
4. Jabari Parker 247
5. Shane Battier 230
6. Danny Ferry 221
7. Kenny Dennard 215
8, Carlos Boozer 213
9. Kyle Singler 198
10. Josh McRoberts 189

Gminski has the record for the best rebound average at 10.7 -- that's not going to be threatened.

Point of interest on Freshman rebounding: in 1977-1978: Gene Banks at 292 and Kenny Dennard at 215 make a freshman tandem of a total of 407! Add to that Mike Giminski at center and that was a formidable rebounding team in '77-'78.

ksimp112
02-26-2014, 09:15 AM
After the V.T. game, in which Parker recorded a double double with 11 points, and I think 11 rebounds. They also showed a stat last night of all-time freshman players in the ACC with 20 point career games. Parker was at 15, with Kenny Anderson & Stephon Marbury tied at 19 with the most.

Banks - 581
Deng - 558
Parker - 546
Rivers - 527
Dawkins - 506
J. Williams - 492
Singler- 451

Kedsy
02-26-2014, 10:31 AM

1. Gene Banks 292
2. Mike Gminski 289
3. Luol Deng 255
4. Jabari Parker 247
5. Shane Battier 230
6. Danny Ferry 221
7. Kenny Dennard 215
8, Carlos Boozer 213
9. Kyle Singler 198
10. Josh McRoberts 189

After the V.T. game, in which Parker recorded a double double with 11 points, and I think 11 rebounds. They also showed a stat last night of all-time freshman players in the ACC with 20 point career games. Parker was at 15, with Kenny Anderson & Stephon Marbury tied at 19 with the most.

Banks - 581
Deng - 558
Parker - 546
Rivers - 527
Dawkins - 506
J. Williams - 492
Singler- 451

So, assuming we play at least 5 more games, Jabari needs only 7.2 points per game to pass Gene Banks and become Duke's all-time leading freshman scorer.

Based on Olympic Fan's list of top Duke freshman rebounders, it would appear that last night Jabari passed Luol Deng to move into the third place on that list, with 258 over Luol's 255.

Gene Banks is first on that list as well, with 292. If we play 5 more games, Jabari needs 7.0 rebounds per game to get past Gene and become our all-time leading freshman rebounder.

Obviously if we play more than 5 games, he can average fewer per game in both categories.

Olympic Fan
02-26-2014, 12:47 PM
Just a small correction -- Jabari had 12 (not 11) rebounds against Virginia Tech.

That gives him 259 rebounds heading into the break.

He did score 11 -- so he's up to 546 points.

He also had three blocks against VPI -- that gives him40 for the season.

That lifts JP to 5th on the Duke freshman list in that category:

1. Gminski 90
2. Battier 53
3. Shelden 52
4. McRoberts 46
5. Parker 40
6. Deng 39

G-man's total is out of reach, but with a strong finish, Parker could catch Battier for second place ...

He also had three steals against VPI -- now 31 for the season. He still needs 10 more to crack the freshman top 10 (McRoberts is 10th with 41).

ksimp112
03-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Parker had 19 last night against Wake Forest, bringing his total freshman points up to:

Banks - 581
Parker - 565
Deng - 558
Rivers - 527
Dawkins - 506
J. Williams - 492
Singler- 451

If Parker can get at least 17 points Sat night, he would surpass Gene Banks.

ksimp112
03-09-2014, 12:29 PM
With Parker's career high 30 pts. lastnight against UNC, he is now the all-time freshman scoring leader at Duke passing Gene Banks. Parker now has scored a total of 595 points so far in his freshman season.

Based on the list below that was provided by another forum poster, he moved up a bit on the all-time ACC freshman scoring list last night as well, passing a few Tarheels on the list.

4. 595 -- Jabari Parker, Duke
5. 594 -- Rashad McCants, UNC
6. 587 -- Tyler Hansbrough, UNC
7. 582 -- Joe Smith, Maryland
8. 581 -- Gene Banks, Duke
9. 568 -- Mark Price, GT
10.563 -- Skip Wise, Clemson

Hopefully last night was a preview of what we can expect to see out of Parker & Hood, for the remaining of the season. Getting back in scoring beast mode at the right time of the season.

Kedsy
03-09-2014, 12:32 PM

1. Gene Banks 292
2. Mike Gminski 289
3. Luol Deng 255
4. Jabari Parker 247
5. Shane Battier 230
6. Danny Ferry 221
7. Kenny Dennard 215
8, Carlos Boozer 213
9. Kyle Singler 198
10. Josh McRoberts 189

Jabari now has 280 rebounds. Looks like he could set the freshman record during the ACCT.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Jabari now has 280 rebounds. Looks like he could set the freshman record during the ACCT.

That's honestly a bit more surprising to me than the points. It felt like he didn't even start prioritizing rebounding until the meat of the ACC schedule. Imagine where he might set the mark had he been crashing the boards from day one.

ksimp112
03-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Parker poured in 18 points last night against Clemson.

3. 613 -- Jabari Parker, Duke
4. 607 -- Dion Glover, GT
9. 568 -- Mark Price, GT

ksimp112
03-15-2014, 07:24 PM
20 pts. against State on his 19th b-day today.

3. 633 -- Jabari Parker, Duke
9. 568 -- Mark Price, GT

ksimp112
03-15-2014, 07:32 PM

Also to update the rebound stats form the previous two games, Parker is now up to 288. Only three against Clemson, and eight today against State. Can break it tomorrow with 5.

1. Gene Banks 292
2. Mike Gminski 289
3. Jabari Parker 288
4. Luol Deng 255
5. Shane Battier 230
6. Danny Ferry 221
7. Kenny Dennard 215
8, Carlos Boozer 213
9. Kyle Singler 198
10. Josh McRoberts 189

Kedsy
03-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Also to update the rebound stats form the previous two games, Parker is now up to 288. Only three against Clemson, and eight today against State. Can break it tomorrow with 5.

1. Gene Banks 292
2. Mike Gminski 289
3. Jabari Parker 288
4. Luol Deng 255
5. Shane Battier 230
6. Danny Ferry 221
7. Kenny Dennard 215
8, Carlos Boozer 213
9. Kyle Singler 198
10. Josh McRoberts 189

Well, if he had 280 before (and I'm pretty sure he did), then 3 vs. Clemson plus 8 vs. NCSU means he now has 291, so he'll break the record with 2 rebounds tomorrow.

ksimp112
03-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Well, if he had 280 before (and I'm pretty sure he did), then 3 vs. Clemson plus 8 vs. NCSU means he now has 291, so he'll break the record with 2 rebounds tomorrow.

You are correct, thanks for pointing that out. With 8 today, Parker moved into first place.

1. Jabari Parker 299
2. Gene Banks 292
3. Mike Gminski 289
4. Luol Deng 255
5. Shane Battier 230
6. Danny Ferry 221
7. Kenny Dennard 215
8, Carlos Boozer 213
9. Kyle Singler 198
10. Josh McRoberts 189

ksimp112
03-16-2014, 08:06 PM
With 23 points today.

3. 656 -- Jabari Parker, Duke
9. 568 -- Mark Price, GT

throatybeard
03-16-2014, 11:15 PM
With 23 points today.

3. 656 -- Jabari Parker, Duke
9. 568 -- Mark Price, GT

So, say you make it to the Region Final, this isn't impossible.

Edouble
03-17-2014, 03:18 AM

800 has a nice ring to it (and most likely an NC attached).

yancem
03-18-2014, 01:23 PM

Make it to the sweet 16 and it is possible. If he averaged 22 ppg for 3 games would give him 66 more points giving him 722. I would say that if Duke makes the regional finals, he will almost definitely pass Anderson. Here's hoping for a deep run by Duke which would mean Parker would most likely be the freshman scoring leader in the ACC for a very long time.

CDu
03-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Make it to the sweet 16 and it is possible. If he averaged 22 ppg for 3 games would give him 66 more points giving him 722. I would say that if Duke makes the regional finals, he will almost definitely pass Anderson. Here's hoping for a deep run by Duke which would mean Parker would most likely be the freshman scoring leader in the ACC for a very long time.

Yeah, if we make it to the sweet 16, there is a very good chance Parker breaks this record.

rasputin
03-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Growing up in the 1980s, whenever my brother and I played pickup, if someone would hoist from deep we'd yell, "Gannon!!!"

-Jason "he was fun to watch" Evans

When I was attending Duke (law school), a buddy of mine and I would go to a nearby public school for pickup games, and we'd be the only two white guys there. If either of us made a shot from outside, they would all yell "Lamp"!

ksimp112
03-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Parker scored 14 in his final freshman game. Bringing his point total as a freshman to:

3. 670 -- Jabari Parker, Duke
9. 568 -- Mark Price, GT

Also with 7 rebounds today:

1. Jabari Parker 306
2. Gene Banks 292
3. Mike Gminski 289
4. Luol Deng 255
5. Shane Battier 230
6. Danny Ferry 221
7. Kenny Dennard 215
8, Carlos Boozer 213
9. Kyle Singler 198
10. Josh McRoberts 189

OldPhiKap
03-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Parker scored 14 in his final freshman game. Bringing his point total as a freshman to:

3. 670 -- Jabari Parker, Duke
9. 568 -- Mark Price, GT

Also with 7 rebounds today:

1. Jabari Parker 306
2. Gene Banks 292
3. Mike Gminski 289
4. Luol Deng 255
5. Shane Battier 230
6. Danny Ferry 221
7. Kenny Dennard 215
8, Carlos Boozer 213
9. Kyle Singler 198
10. Josh McRoberts 189

He has been impressive to watch this year, and boy is there a lot of growth left. Sky is truly the limits.

flyingdutchdevil
03-21-2014, 05:13 PM
He has been impressive to watch this year, and boy is there a lot of growth left. Sky is truly the limits.

Is there growth on the O end? He can definitely be a better passer, but as a scorer?

On the D end, I agree. A ton of growth left.

OldPhiKap
03-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Is there growth on the O end? He can definitely be a better passer, but as a scorer?

On the D end, I agree. A ton of growth left.

He has room to grow in shot selection, dribbling into the low post and into traps, etc. But clearly, we both agree that his offense (at the college level, at least) is extremely impressive.

Furniture
03-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Really impressive.

Bay Area Duke Fan
03-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Really impressive.

Not so impressive when you consider his team's performance this year.

duke96
03-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Not so impressive when you consider his team's performance this year.

Um, what?

NYBri
03-21-2014, 08:48 PM
One more year, Jabari.