PDA

View Full Version : Jump Team in Cameron

Ltrey33
02-11-2014, 11:20 AM
DBR friends,

I was a grad student from '10-'13 and at several of the games I attended there was a jump rope team that performed at halftime - they were a HUGE hit.

Does anyone know the name of the troop or where they were from?

Thanks all!

alteran
02-11-2014, 11:28 AM
DBR friends,

I was a grad student from '10-'13 and at several of the games I attended there was a jump rope team that performed at halftime - they were a HUGE hit.

Does anyone know the name of the troop or where they were from?

Thanks all!

Could it be this group (http://www.bouncingbulldogs.org/)? They're the Bouncing Bulldogs from Scandal Hill (but they refer to themselves as Durham-Chapel Hill based). There's a youtube of them at Cameron from 2007, but I can't find a historical schedule.

Native
02-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Yup, they're called the Bouncing Bulldogs.

Dev11
02-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Yup, they're called the Bouncing Bulldogs.

and they are awesome! I have at least one video on my phone of one of their performances, shot from Section 17.

PSurprise
02-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Yeah, they're awesome. Ray Frederick coached them, and still does I believe. I'm happy to say I had him as a PE teacher at Hope Valley Elementary in the mid 80s. Awesome
guy! They lived right down the street from me growing up. His son, Ray jr. was my age and played basketball at Army, and got to play at Cameron my junior year I think it was. They got beat pretty bad but it was fun watching him on the court.

killerleft
02-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Have they performed at a game this year? If not, McCallie has problably run them off.

They really ARE superb, seen them several times.

weezie
02-11-2014, 03:29 PM
No, they have not performed this year and I miss them! I think the Dancing Devils are now the in house first act of halftime.
I'd love to see the Bulldogs return to round off the halftime. We love them!

OZ
02-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Have they performed at a game this year? If not, McCallie has problably run them off.

I apologize, but I fail to see the point and/or humor in that comment.

I know Coach Fredrick and I recently asked him about the Bulldogs not appearing this year. MY understanding from our conversation was that the Buldogs have not been invited to perform. It seems that Duke, along with other universities have contracted out their half time shows.

uh_no
02-11-2014, 04:50 PM

I know Coach Fredrick and I recently asked him about the Bulldogs not appearing this year. MY understanding from our conversation was that the Buldogs have not been invited to perform. It seems that Duke, along with other universities have contracted out their half time shows.

and they wonder why attendance is decreasing....sounds like a mass email campaign to the athletics department is in order!

that said, they were there for the uconn/duke women's game.

bob blue devil
02-11-2014, 04:51 PM

What a shame - they were great. Surely something can be done here.

OZ
02-11-2014, 04:56 PM
I know several of the kids on the Bulldogs; not only are they amazing, but they love performing here. The Crazies really get into it with the jumpers and they love that!

killerleft
02-12-2014, 09:21 AM
I know several of the kids on the Bulldogs; not only are they amazing, but they love performing here. The Crazies really get into it with the jumpers and they love that!

Perhaps there are insurance issues?