PDA

View Full Version : WVU (102) puts Iowa St (77) in a Cyclone

FerryFor50
02-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Yeesh. Count the Mountaineers as a team I would not want to see in Duke's bracket. Scrappy, hard nosed, and when they shoot like they did against ISU, they can beat anyone.

throatybeard
02-10-2014, 10:28 PM
I root for WVU as approximately my fourth rooting interest. I love the physical geography of the state and the underdog nature of a BCS school from a state of 18.M trying to compete with the bigger badder boys. I drove about 900 miles round trip to see the last BE WVU-VT football match-up in Morgantown in about an 18-hour period, and I have a DVD of it.

That said, I think it's past insane every time I see them playing a conference game. I'm all like, "Iowa State?" Really?

By some accounts, WVU is one of the luckiest movers in realignment. They stuck in a BCS conference, despite not having a huge TV market.

By my account, I'm so sad for them. I really like this school, and this is absurd.

tommy
02-11-2014, 12:40 AM
Yeesh. Count the Mountaineers as a team I would not want to see in Duke's bracket. Scrappy, hard nosed, and when they shoot like they did against ISU, they can beat anyone.

They've got some work to do to get into the tournament, though, first. Coming into tonight's game, their RPI was 70. That won't get it done. They still have opportunities -- at Texas, at Iowa State, at Oklahoma, and home to Kansas. Obviously, those are all going to be difficult games.

TexHawk
02-11-2014, 01:06 AM
Lost in the shuffle of the weekend was WVU's performance in Lawrence. They got to within 1 in the final 4 minutes, but ultimately succumbed to the length and height of KU's big guys. They only shot 25% from three in that game. If they can get that up to their average or slightly above, they are dangerous and can beat anyone. They have won 5 of 7, the only two losses were @OSU and @KU. Their schedule is a bit back-loaded, as they still need to go to ISU, Texas, and OU. But as a KU fan, I am praying we have the conference title wrapped up before we head to Morgantown for the last game of the season.

To be honest, I wouldn't be that upset if they gave Staten the Big12 POY over Wiggins at this point, and that has nothing to do with Wiggins. Staten has been unbelievable.

vick
02-11-2014, 05:59 PM
I'll admit, I laughed out loud at this clip from the game set to video game music (only because I don't think anyone was actually injured):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgdUznXlohs