PDA

View Full Version : Redick's 3's Record - Now #2 in NCAA History

CPDUKEGUY24
02-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Travis Bader of Oakland has surpassed J.J. Redick for career 3-pointers made in the NCAA.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10391581/travis-bader-oakland-golden-grizzlies-breaks-ncaa-3-point-record

Apparently, Redick was well aware of the situation and even sent a video (encouraging?); which was played at Oakland home games this season. Congrats to Bader; it was something special watching J.J. set the record.

kAzE
02-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Good lord, that guy has a legitimate shot at 500 3s. With all the best talent leaving after 1 or 2 years now, that's going to be a record that stands for a long time.

Then again, JJ's 457 is still way more impressive. He was the star player for Duke and did all that playing against top level competition. No offense to the Horizon league, but I don't imagine a lot of teams game planning their entire defense to stop him.

hurleyfor3
02-03-2014, 09:12 AM
More 3's has been a trend at all levels of basketball, so this isn't too huge a surprise. I thought at the time the ACC scoring record would last longer.

jacone21
02-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Good lord, that guy has a legitimate shot at 500 3s. With all the best talent leaving after 1 or 2 years now, that's going to be a record that stands for a long time.

Then again, JJ's 457 is still way more impressive. He was the star player for Duke and did all that playing against top level competition. No offense to the Horizon league, but I don't imagine a lot of teams game planning their entire defense to stop him.

Yeah... but JJ had Patrick Davidson.