PDA

View Full Version : Post-game Autographs

Edouble
02-03-2014, 02:16 AM
I am thrilled to say that I am headed to the Wake game on Tuesday.

I am a Trinity grad, class of '99, who attended pretty much every game in my four years at Duke, always in a top ten tent, close to the floor for games.

In an interesting twist of fate, my girlfriend works with a relative of a former (non-Duke) ACC Head Coach of note, who was able to secure us third row tickets, through his coaching tree connections, for my birthday.

Anyway, I would love to get an autograph from Andre Dawkins after the game for my mother (Duke, class of '74) if possible. Dawkins is my mom's favorite player.

Do the players come out after the game for autographs these days? Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance!

DukeAlumBS
02-03-2014, 03:17 AM
I have got quite a few in my past at various games most at MSG or the Meadowlands. I was able to pick up Shane Battier while he was walking on campus. My son was at Duke then. I just pulled over, and he signed with a pleasant thank you. I think your best bet would be before game or after while you are there. IMO the Duke hoop players are very good at giving autographs. Dawkins IMO would be very proud to do this.
Unless security has changed. While you are there, if near by just ask him.
As I did at other arenas like MSG
Good luck
Jim

Native
02-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Yeah, if you hang out near K-Ville after the game you can typically catch players as they leave. You can also come a few hours early and get them as they come in. They enter the locker room in a door in between the undergraduate entrance and the staircase leading up to Schwartz-Butters, so they come in through K-Ville. Good luck and see you tonight!

SirBlueDevil
02-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Top of the afternoon to you DukeAlum, what are your thoughts on tonights game?

As for both Edouble ( hope you get Dawkins autograph, i like that guy myself his 3's when on are like butta baby) and Native, i envy you both for attending tonights game even though i got to attend the game we played against the Panther boys.

I know your games atmosphere will be much louder than the one the pitt fans tried to display albeit all for nothing as we know our boys in the end (especially dawkins) spanked that "Well you know the ending"!