PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Florida State (Jan 25, 2014)

JBDuke
01-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 78-56 win over Florida State?

devildeac
01-25-2014, 02:29 PM
MP3 with a pair of 7s and 75% FT;).

CLW
01-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Marshall brought a ton of energy and made lots of plays with his effort on the glass.

wsb3
01-25-2014, 02:30 PM
MP3, the energy and the spurt he gave us near the end of the first half were huge.

chaosmage
01-25-2014, 02:31 PM
I only picked Andre because he started for Rodney and got us going early. That doesn't happen, and the whole game changes.

DukieInBrasil
01-25-2014, 02:31 PM
MP3 earned my vote today. 100% of his 7 boards were on the Offensive glass, that shows a special dedication and energy. That follow dunk was sweet, as was the fast-break lay-up. But the best part was the 3 FTs!!! He's finally broken through on that front, but i also think he may have broken through a very important psychological barrier: he can be super productive and an immensely valuable role player on this year's team if he focuses on doing what he can do well. Grab every rebound possible, set hard screens for his teammates, and run like hell in the open court. It's a recipe for success!

killerleft
01-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Livin' LARGE when it mattered the most, MP3 is my MOTM. And he was only doing stuff he should be able to do again and again. Fine game, Marshall!

53n206
01-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Yes Marshall, but maybe not vote this week. Strange game. Want to hear Coach K's evaluation.

Native
01-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Marshall. Brought a lot of energy and knocked down his FTs! Loved his play and had a few great sequences. If he can keep this up and Amile keeps playing the way he's playing, we are set inside.

Bob Green
01-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Why no Semi Ojeleye option?

I voted for Andre Dawkins who started for the sick Rodney Hood and scored our first six points in a game that started off as a slow, low scoring affair. Dawkins' two early threes were big.

Honorable Mention goes to Marshall Plumlee who remains a work in progress with improvement coming in big strides. His game is going to take off one day soon. Perhaps today will be the catalyst for great things to come.

AncientPsychicT
01-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Let January 25, 2014 go down in the annals of history as the day that Marshall Plumlee... finally!... made a free throw in a college game. Not just one free throw, mind you, but THREE ENTIRE FREE THROWS! After starting his career on a 16(?)-miss streak, he's now on a 3-make streak.

MP3? HELL YEAH, MP3!! :D

Clay Feet POF
01-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Let January 25, 2014 go down in the annals of history as the day that Marshall Plumlee... finally!... made a free throw in a college game. Not just one free throw, mind you, but THREE ENTIRE FREE THROWS! After starting his career on a 16(?)-miss streak, he's now on a 3-make streak.

MP3? HELL YEAH, MP3!! :D

He has the best FT form of his two brothers and I suspect he will best their career %.

devildeac
01-25-2014, 04:27 PM
MP3 with a pair of 7s and 75% FT;).

Oops, they updated the espn stats for the game. Maybe I should have voted for Jabari whose pair of 14s trumps MP3s pair of 7s:o . Nah, I'm sticking with Marshall.

JBDuke
01-25-2014, 04:28 PM

I used ESPN's box score, which only had 10 players for Duke, and I didn't remember Semi getting floor time to correct it myself. He's an option now.

wsb3
01-25-2014, 05:46 PM
I used ESPN's box score, which only had 10 players for Duke, and I didn't remember Semi getting floor time to correct it myself. He's an option now.

I think he went in the last minute of the game.

Newton_14
01-25-2014, 05:52 PM

He also played one defensive possession in the final minute of the first half.

I went with Marshall. Great game for him. The reverse layup showed great agility and skill, The offensive rebounding, breaking the free throw barrier, not letting go on the tie up, wonderful breakout game for MP3.

devildeac
01-25-2014, 05:56 PM

I didn't notice him in the game but the espn box score ( http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400502810) credited him with 3 minutes.

brevity
01-25-2014, 06:07 PM
After starting his career on a 16(?)-miss streak, he's now on a 3-make streak.

In the grand DBR tradition of perplexing player comparisons, let me be the first to say that I look at Marshall Plumlee and I see Duke's own version of Mark Price.

First... and last.

El_Diablo
01-25-2014, 06:43 PM
In the grand DBR tradition of perplexing player comparisons, let me be the first to say that I look at Marshall Plumlee and I see Duke's own version of Mark Price.

First... and last.

Of all college basketball players whose names include the letters Mar_ P___e, I cannot think of two players more alike in terms of overall skill set than Marshall Plumlee and Mark Price.

Indoor66
01-26-2014, 12:18 PM

First... and last.

Practically identical - but for the 10 or 11 inches. :cool:

captmojo
01-26-2014, 03:37 PM

I voted for Andre Dawkins who started for the sick Rodney Hood and scored our first six points in a game that started off as a slow, low scoring affair. Dawkins' two early threes were big.

Honorable Mention goes to Marshall Plumlee who remains a work in progress with improvement coming in big strides. His game is going to take off one day soon. Perhaps today will be the catalyst for great things to come.

I had it the exact other way around. Mainly, because there is no way to vote for 'Team Rebounding'. Marshall seemed to do everything in a correct manner, and it was contagious to all the others.

Maybe this game will begin a time of great things to come for Andre. His game will take off soon. :D