PDA

View Full Version : The Josh Smith saga continues

FerryFor50
01-24-2014, 03:45 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2014/01/24/georgetown-josh-smith-done-for-year-academics/?eref=sihp

Suspended for the year for grades...

Henderson
01-24-2014, 04:04 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2014/01/24/georgetown-josh-smith-done-for-year-academics/?eref=sihp

Suspended for the year for grades...

Could be grades, but attendance seems more likely. Neither the linked story nor the CBS story on which it's based mentions grades. It's noted as an "academic issue" and is described as the same "problem" he had earlier in the month, resulting in his suspension. If it were a grade issue, I doubt we'd see separate incidences of it in January. Georgetown undergrads had their grades on 12/27, and they were supposed to start class on January 8 (the day Mr. Smith was suspended the first time). I'm guessing he didn't show for classes on Jan. 8 and was told when suspended, "Go to class or you don't play." Fast forward to a couple weeks later, et voila.

But in any event, sometimes I just shake my head and wonder at these kids and what they squander so frivolously.

MCFinARL
01-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Greg Whittington's suspension last year was for some similar reason, IIRC (not sure about his dismissal from the team this year)--which makes this all the more surprising. You would think it would be clear as day that you need to meet some basic academic requirements to play at Georgetown.

Dr. Rosenrosen
01-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Greg Whittington's suspension last year was for some similar reason, IIRC (not sure about his dismissal from the team this year)--which makes this all the more surprising. You would think it would be clear as day that you need to meet some basic academic requirements to play at Georgetown.
You would think Georgetown would have figured out how to deploy the U*NC playbook on this by now. :rolleyes:

BD80
01-24-2014, 05:38 PM
You would think Georgetown would have figured out how to deploy the U*NC playbook on this by now. :rolleyes:

You know what punishment unc would give a player who doesn't attend classes?

A degree in AFAM studies.