PDA

View Full Version : Duke @ UNC television broadcast issue(s)

Tripping William
01-24-2014, 11:26 AM
A cold, worrisome shiver has gone down my spine (and not just due to this Alberta Clipper). I just noticed that the Feb. 12th showdown on the evil end of 15-501 is the traditional split broadcast between ESPN and the ACC Network. I am a standard (no add-ons) Dish customer in Winston-Salem. Will I be able to see the game at home? If so, on what channel? I am assuming not on ESPN because of the local blackout, but not on Fox SportSouth because that is not part of Dish's standard offering here. I was not able to see the Clemson game at home for a similar reason.

It looks like the ACC's mobile iPhone app will be live-streaming it (in which case I suppose I could watch via Apple TV and Air Play), but is that my only option at home?

(Mods: If this belongs in a different thread, please feel free to move it.)

Duvall
01-24-2014, 11:30 AM
A cold, worrisome shiver has gone down my spine (and not just due to this Alberta Clipper). I just noticed that the Feb. 12th showdown on the evil end of 15-501 is the traditional split broadcast between ESPN and the ACC Network. I am a standard (no add-ons) Dish customer in Winston-Salem. Will I be able to see the game at home? If so, on what channel? I am assuming not on ESPN because of the local blackout, but not on Fox SportSouth because that is not part of Dish's standard offering here. I was not able to see the Clemson game at home for a similar reason.

It looks like the ACC's mobile iPhone app will be live-streaming it (in which case I suppose I could watch via Apple TV and Air Play), but is that my only option at home?

(Mods: If this belongs in a different thread, please feel free to move it.)

The game will be available on ESPN (no more blackout for this game) and almost certainly on a local affiliate as well.

wilson
01-24-2014, 11:55 AM
The game will be available on ESPN (no more blackout for this game) and almost certainly on a local affiliate as well.We've run into this issue a handful of times in Atlanta over the years, and some network (CBS in some years, the WB or whatever the heck it is in others) has always exercised some little-used option to broadcast Duke-unc over the air. I highly doubt if you'll be left in the dark anywhere near the Triangle.

nocilla
01-24-2014, 12:55 PM
It will be on a local affiliate. Fox Sports South will not have the game anyway. I think the RSN games are on FSS, not the ACCN games.