PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke at Virginia Tech

Ggallagher
01-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Just found the women's game on TV. VT is giving Duke a game and down just six with about nine minutes left in the game.

DevilWearsPrada
01-19-2014, 01:35 PM
The Girls Game is on Fox Sports South. The Blue Devils are up 10, 60-50 with over 5 minutes in the game.

Let's Go Duke!!!

Ggallagher
01-19-2014, 01:52 PM
Not good, turned it over twice on one attempted in bounds play.

DevilWearsPrada
01-19-2014, 01:58 PM
73 -70 with 2.5 seconds left in the game.

Liston will shoot 2 foul shots.

Let's Go Duke!

Elizabeth Williams fouled out a few minutes ago.

DevilWearsPrada
01-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Final Score

Duke 74 Va Tech 70

The girls get a Win at Blacksburg!

Ggallagher
01-19-2014, 01:59 PM
The last minute of the game was not real pretty - but they pulled it out.

Kedsy
01-19-2014, 02:00 PM
It's going to take time to adjust to playing without Chelsea.

As an aside, and I asked this in another thread, but is Amber Henson hurt again? She didn't play at all today.

Ggallagher
01-19-2014, 02:07 PM

As an aside, and I asked this in another thread, but is Amber Henson hurt again? She didn't play at all today.

I only saw the last ten minutes of the game. They made no mention of her during that time - I don't know what the deal was.

burnspbesq
01-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Wow. Horrific second half for Duke. Defense went completely off the boil, although some credit must go to VaTech for smart adjustments at halftime. VaTech pounded us on the glass in the second half as well.

ACC road games are not walks in the park. ND struggled in C'ville, we struggle in Blacksburg. Survive and move on.

burnspbesq
01-19-2014, 02:11 PM

Get used to it. Given the limitations imposed by her knees, even when "healthy" she's never going to be a major contributor. Chidom is the first post player off the bench, and she has earned that spot in the rotation with her play.

Dukehky
01-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Amber is kind of like Oden for the Heat in that we just hope she can contribute against really good teams for a few minutes.

Jones is a 2 guard, the rest of the team is going to suffer a bit until she re-acclimates to playing point. Haven't been surprised to see Trish run the point for some of the game to let Jones operate off the ball. We'll start putting it together as time goes on, but I think ND is coming up a little quick on this new look Duke team for us to get the win, but I hope I'm wrong, and we will certainly see.