PDA

View Full Version : OSU/ Minnesota Last Night

Saratoga2
01-17-2014, 09:14 AM
I had a chance to watch much of that game last night and watched 11th ranked OSU lose it's 3rd in a row to unranked Minnesota. It was an away game for OSU and one in which the size inside and the energy of Minnesota was just too much for OSU. OSU faded badly in the stretch and lost by around 12 (don't remember the exact final score). It was interesting to watch another talented team go down for much the same reasons as our loss to Clemson.

Mike Corey
01-17-2014, 09:31 AM
FWIW, I think OSU had this comin'. The Bucks just aren't that good this year, because offensively--size or not--they are very limited.

Duke still has a number of bona fide elite offensive weapons. They're still tryin' to put it all together. I remain confident that by March, our Blue Devils will be operating on a higher level than anyone else in the country.

flyingdutchdevil
01-17-2014, 09:35 AM
FWIW, I think OSU had this comin'. The Bucks just aren't that good this year, because offensively--size or not--they are very limited.

Duke still has a number of bona fide elite offensive weapons. They're still tryin' to put it all together. I remain confident that by March, our Blue Devils will be operating on a higher level than anyone else in the country.

OSU and Duke couldn't be more different: elite defensive / poor offensive team and elite offensive / poor defensive team. It would actually be a great game to watch on TV.

MChambers
01-17-2014, 09:37 AM
OSU and Duke couldn't be more different: elite defensive / poor offensive team and elite offensive / poor defensive team. It would actually be a great game to watch on TV.
They are quite similar, except that they are mirror images of each other!

flyingdutchdevil
01-17-2014, 09:42 AM
They are quite similar, except that they are mirror images of each other!

Potato. Po-ta-toe. ;)

I have faith in our team's progress. Are we going to be a top 10 defensive team by year's end? Hell no. But can we progress it so it's no longer a massive liability? Yup.

I think we have a huge chance at being a top 5 program by year's end. The problem is that a few teams, including 'Cus and 'Zona, are already there. Both teams will improve, but not to the extent that Duke can improve.

The team that I think is our biggest hurdle is Kansas. Right now, they are better than us. And right now, they are improving faster than Duke can improve. They are younger, more inexperienced, and have better athletes. Self is a spectacular coach.

Mike Corey
01-17-2014, 09:52 AM

Completely agree.

Here's hoping they meet in the tournament in the national championship, and that Duke prevails.

NSDukeFan
01-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Potato. Po-ta-toe. ;)

I have faith in our team's progress. Are we going to be a top 10 defensive team by year's end? Hell no. But can we progress it so it's no longer a massive liability? Yup.

I think we have a huge chance at being a top 5 program by year's end. The problem is that a few teams, including 'Cus and 'Zona, are already there. Both teams will improve, but not to the extent that Duke can improve.

The team that I think is our biggest hurdle is Kansas. Right now, they are better than us. And right now, they are improving faster than Duke can improve. They are younger, more inexperienced, and have better athletes. Self is a spectacular coach.

If Duke isn't a top 5 program now, they never will be. :p Top 5 team this year, yeah, that may take a few more weeks.