PDA

View Full Version : It's PATRICK, Not Jordan

DukeDevilDeb
01-16-2014, 08:22 PM
In several places in this Forum and on DBR proper (including in Al F's excellent piece on Duke Saves the Season), I have noticed an inaccurate historical reference to one of the real turning points of Duke basketball! ;) ... The time that Coach K put a Davidson in as a starter at Wake Forest! Unfortunately, we seem to have forgotten that it was NOT Jordan Davidson (as several had said) but PATRICK Davidson who made Duke basketball history that day! It also generated one of the greatest threads ever on this board entitled, "Patrick Davidson is an Urban Legend!"

I want to be sure that we pay homage to the CORRECT urban legend. As JBDuke reminded me, that 2008 thread has never been equaled... You can find it at http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...trick+Davidson (again, thanks JB). Take a look to see what happens when a Duke reserve gets the opportunity to step up and put his manhood on the line for the team!

I had both Davidson men in class, and they were terrific kids and good students. But it was Patrick who stepped up that day!

Go Devils!

ricks68
01-16-2014, 08:38 PM
In several places in this Forum and on DBR proper (including in Al F's excellent piece on Duke Saves the Season), I have noticed an inaccurate historical reference to one of the real turning points of Duke basketball! ;) ... The time that Coach K put a Davidson in as a starter at Wake Forest! Unfortunately, we seem to have forgotten that it was NOT Jordan Davidson (as several had said) but PATRICK Davidson who made Duke basketball history that day! It also generated one of the greatest threads ever on this board entitled, "Patrick Davidson is an Urban Legend!"

I want to be sure that we pay homage to the CORRECT urban legend. As JBDuke reminded me, that 2008 thread has never been equaled... You can find it at http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...trick+Davidson (again, thanks JB). Take a look to see what happens when a Duke reserve gets the opportunity to step up and put his manhood on the line for the team!

I had both Davidson men in class, and they were terrific kids and good students. But it was Patrick who stepped up that day!

Go Devils!

I actually copied the thread and have it has a word document, as I thought it might get lost during the 2007 changeover.

ricks

ricks68
01-16-2014, 08:40 PM

Go Devils!

I can't open the page on my computer and it asks if the spelling is O.K. Anyone else having this problem?

ricks

hurleyfor3
01-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Jordan does have a career 100% Final Four shooting percentage, however.

DukeDevilDeb
01-16-2014, 08:47 PM
I can't open the page on my computer and it asks if the spelling is O.K. Anyone else having this problem?

ricks

Sorry that link didn't work. Try this one which is the full link: http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?8690-Patrick-Davidson-is-an-Urban-legend&highlight=patrick+Davidson

JasonEvans
01-16-2014, 11:20 PM
It really should be a rule that you are not allowed to post on the DBR until you have read that thread.

-Jason

JBDuke
01-16-2014, 11:26 PM
"I once saw him scissorkick Angela Lansbury..."

ricks68
01-17-2014, 01:02 AM
It really should be a rule that you are not allowed to post on the DBR until you have read that thread.

-Jason

I agree. For the uninitiated, Post #11, by sagegrouse explains the background. In my opinion, the thread has to rank right in there with the best of the best from DBR.:)

ricks

PSurprise
01-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Hahaha! Still awesome! Thanks for the refresher.

I think I saw Patrick Davidson doing a split between two Jean-Claude Van Dammes going backward.