PDA

View Full Version : Ray Farmer to interview for Miami Dolphins GM job

throatybeard
01-10-2014, 01:42 AM
Duke alumnus of the Wilson/Goldsmith years--one of our best players from then--Ray Farmer, is presently the Asst GM in Cleveland.

I couldn't sleep, so I made the mistake of watching the late stages of Oregon-Cal on FS1. The genius of Oregon's BB scheme, over their FB scheme, is to make it look like the saag paneer is coming out both ends of the Duck's GI tract.

I'm pretty sure I saw on the FS1 crawl that Ray is up for the Dolphins' GM job. He was one of my favorite guys my frosh an soph year at Duke, and he played a little while for the Philadelphia Eagles. I wish him advancement in his career. He's not quite forty even!

OZZIE4DUKE
01-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Duke alumnus of the Wilson/Goldsmith years--one of our best players from then--Ray Farmer, is presently the Asst GM in Cleveland.

I couldn't sleep, so I made the mistake of watching the late stages of Oregon-Cal on FS1. The genius of Oregon's BB scheme, over their FB scheme, is to make it look like the saag paneer is coming out both ends of the Duck's GI tract.

I'm pretty sure I saw on the FS1 crawl that Ray is up for the Dolphins' GM job. He was one of my favorite guys my frosh an soph year at Duke, and he played a little while for the Philadelphia Eagles. I wish him advancement in his career. He's not quite forty even!
Ray played safety while sat Duke and was great! He was like a linebacker when he tackled, and the recipient knew he'd been hit! Glad to get the update on his career. Good luck Ray!

sagegrouse
01-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Ray played safety while sat Duke and was great! He was like a linebacker when he tackled, and the recipient knew he'd been hit! Glad to get the update on his career. Good luck Ray!

I had lost track of Farmer. He graduated in 1996 and played for the Eagles for three seasons, was an academic advisor at Duke during and afterwards. He served as a scout with KC for five years and as an Assistant GM with the Browns for the past five years. Moving up smartly, I would say...

Highlander
01-10-2014, 12:10 PM
I had lost track of Farmer. He graduated in 1996 and played for the Eagles for three seasons, was an academic advisor at Duke during and afterwards. He served as a scout with KC for five years and as an Assistant GM with the Browns for the past five years. Moving up smartly, I would say...

I remember he was a regular at the Devil's Quarters arcade. One of my fondest memories was beating him in a game of Mortal Kombat and chopping his Sub-Zero into little tiny pieces. Granted, it only happened once or twice. :)

Cool guy. I wish him the best!

Son of Jarhead
01-11-2014, 12:31 AM
... he also had a penchant for blocking kicks on Special Teams. I believe his 11 career blocks is still the Duke record. :cool:

(& didn't he also play baseball, too?)