PDA

View Full Version : Why you must be very careful in hiring

SoCalDukeFan
01-09-2014, 12:06 PM
I am part owner of a small business. A few years ago we hired a young woman, who works out of her home, and she is doing very well and has assumed more and more responsibility. Last year she got married. Her husband is helping her part time and may do more. Everything is great.

Today I learned her husband went to Kentucky and is a big basketball fan.

How do I possibly work with the guy?

SoCal

hurleyfor3
01-09-2014, 12:09 PM

Win the auction for this (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10160260/christian-laettner-game-worn-jersey-1992-duke-kentucky-game-auction) and put it in your office?

MCFinARL
01-09-2014, 12:12 PM
I am part owner of a small business. A few years ago we hired a young woman, who works out of her home, and she is doing very well and has assumed more and more responsibility. Last year she got married. Her husband is helping her part time and may do more. Everything is great.

SoCal

Compartmentalize, compartmentalize, compartmentalize. Render unto work what is work's, and no more. Praise yourself often for being able to see the value in someone with otherwise benighted views. ;)

devildeac
01-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Dear Abby:

I am a small business owner in New Jersey who has recently been diagnosed as a carrier of the HIV virus. My parents live in a suburb of Philadelphia
and one of my sisters, who lives in Bensenville, is married to a transvestite.

My father and mother have recently been arrested for growing and selling marijuana and are currently dependent on my other two sisters, who are prostitutes in Jersey City.

I have two brothers. One is currently serving a non-parole life sentence in Attica for murder of a teenage boy in 1994.The other brother is currently being held in the Wellington Remand Center on charges of sexual misconduct with his three children.

I have recently become engaged to marry a former Thai prostitute who lives in the Bronx and is still a part time "working girl" in a brothel. Her time there is limited as we hope to open our own brothel with her as the working manager. I am hoping my two sisters would be interested in joining our team. Although I would prefer them not to prostitute themselves, it would get them off the street, and hopefully, the heroin habits.

All things considered, my main problem is this. I love my fiance and
look forward to bringing her into the family and I certainly want to be
totally honest with her.

Should I tell her about my employee's husband who is a Kentucky fan?

Signed,

Worried About My Reputation

Or something along these lines. I originally heard this with the concluding question being "my brother who went to Clemson." Must have been a South Carolina grad's letter:rolleyes:.

BD80
01-09-2014, 01:36 PM

SoCal

It would be so much easier if he were a unc alum; you could just keep things from him by putting it in writing.