PDA

View Full Version : The Full Court press

SupaDave
01-07-2014, 09:05 PM
I've seen splashes of it. Tonight I saw a lot of it. Are we a better team with it? Shall we see more of it going forward?

We have talked about being a pressing team but it's been sporadic on the court (from what I can recall). The communication was much better tonight with the press and I believe I'd like to see more it. Not quite Nolan Richardson 40 minutes but I'll take 6 minutes at the beginning and end of each half. Tech's tired legs at the end of the game saw them hit ZERO free throws...

FerryFor50
01-07-2014, 09:06 PM
I've seen splashes of it. Tonight I saw a lot of it. Are we a better team with it? Shall we see more of it going forward?

We have talked about being a pressing team but it's been sporadic on the court (from what I can recall). The communication was much better tonight with the press and I believe I'd like to see more it. Not quite Nolan Richardson 40 minutes but I'll take 6 minutes at the beginning and end of each half. Tech's tired legs at the end of the game saw them hit ZERO free throws...

Agreed. Also would love to see some 3/4 traps that seem to work well for other teams. Punish teams for going near the sidelines...