PDA

View Full Version : MBB: (21) San Diego State 61, (16) Kansas 57

rsvman
01-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Interesting game. Kansas getting all it wants and then some from the Aztecs.

SDS team looks pretty strong. Their defense looks really good; I wish we played D the way these guys are playing it right now.

weezie
01-05-2014, 06:26 PM
I'm in...just casually checking in while I keep an eye on the 6:00pm weather reports

But, it is interesting......

Gthoma2a
01-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Rebounding. That's one of the big things that I am seeing. They get multiple chances and Kansas just gets one.

rsvman
01-05-2014, 06:31 PM
The Aztecs just crash the offensive boards like crazy.

And their defense continues to be stifling. They double-team almost every time the ball goes into he post.

BlueDevilBrowns
01-05-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm in...just casually checking in while I keep an eye on the 6:00pm weather reports

But, it is interesting......

Just goes to show that all teams this year have flaws. Duke is in as good a position to make a tournament run as anyone else. I think this year's NCAAT will be heavily matchup driven, regardless of seeding.

weezie
01-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Crafty Old Steve Fisher....what's he got up that sleeve...

wow, gottleib is so so so bad as a yakker

rsvman
01-05-2014, 06:59 PM
If you are SDS, do you foul here? Up 3 with 8.3 remaining.

Gthoma2a
01-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Crafty Old Steve Fisher....what's he got up that sleeve...

wow, gottleib is so so so bad as a yakker

Would you say that he's alarmingly uninteresting?

Kansas is about to get bumped off at their own place. Another case of execution beating talent.

weezie
01-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Well, well, well. Give 'em all something else to drone on about.

BlueDevilBrowns
01-05-2014, 07:03 PM

His voice lacks enough resonance to sound authoritative.

Doris Burke speaks with more confidence.

rsvman
01-05-2014, 07:05 PM
I was impressed by Steve Fisher's team.

Don't know that anybody is going to be happy seeing SDS in their bracket in March.

weezie
01-05-2014, 07:05 PM

I would say he's a bore who must have some incriminating evidence on someone at CBS/espn/ncaa. How does that bum keep his job?

weezie
01-05-2014, 07:07 PM

You are tempting me to neggy spork you with your Doris reference.

Duvall
01-05-2014, 07:08 PM

Huh?

BlueDevilBrowns
01-05-2014, 07:14 PM
You are tempting me to neggy spork you with your Doris reference.

If you think I referenced Burke because she's a woman, you're mistaken.

My point was that Burke has never played a second of men's CBB yet, as a viewer, I take what she says seriously. She's confident in her takes and she speaks with authority.

If you want to flame me, it's OK, I'll survive.

weezie
01-05-2014, 07:16 PM
No, of course not! I was just pulling your leg over the Doris reference. She stinks, too, but it's cool if you like her take.

I'm not a raging broad.

BlueDevilBrowns
01-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Huh?

I think being a broadcaster has gone from a skill, or maybe even an artform, to being a fall-back option for failed or retired former athletes.

Just because someone played the game, doesn't make them automatically qualified to be an announcer/analyst.

BlueDevilBrowns
01-05-2014, 07:24 PM
No, of course not! I was just pulling your leg over the Doris reference. She stinks, too, but it's cool if you like her take.

I'm not a raging broad.

Haha!

But, seriously, it's not that I like what she says, it's that I like how she says it.

It's that ingredient that Dougie is missing.

CameronBlue
01-05-2014, 07:33 PM

I'm not a raging broad.

Cool smoldering type huh. I'm thinking Bacall...

TexHawk
01-05-2014, 08:55 PM

Kansas is about to get bumped off at their own place. Another case of execution beating talent.

Not sure I'd go that far. KU shot 29% from the floor, and was below 20% for most of the game until the final push to get it close. Yes, SDSU's defense was quite good, but there was a crazy amount of missed layups and bunnies. If we had just got a *bad* shooting performance, instead of historically disastrous, this is a different game.