PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Elon (Dec 31, 2013)

JBDuke
01-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 86-48 win over Elon on New Year's Eve?

(And sorry this is late going up. I had to watch game via DVR, and didn't finish it until after the football game. At that point, sleep was more important than getting the MOTM poll done.)

Merlindevildog91
01-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Andre. What a spark he was when he came in. It seems to me his defense is improving, as well.

mgtr
01-01-2014, 11:01 AM
I agree about Andre, but I thought that Marshall was so much improved from prior games that he should get some recognition. At some point Marshall will be a really good player.

Furniture
01-01-2014, 11:04 AM
I think the game is slowing down for Marshall!

DukeDevilDeb
01-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Andre should have had MOTM honors for the Eastern Michigan game, but Amile did a great job as well. Here, Andre showed what a remarkable shooter he is. He also showed maturity in his defensive play and leadership in directing some of the underclass players where to go on defense.

I love Jabari, but he cannot be MOTM every game... this was his low point total for the season... let's share the love!

Go Devils!

sagegrouse
01-01-2014, 06:24 PM
I voted for Rasheed, who played with energy and efficiency in his 20 minutes on the floor. Stats line: 11/4/2.

jipops
01-01-2014, 10:21 PM
I don't feel the need to spread the love. I went with Jabari. He had a double double and played very good defense.

kAzE
01-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Hard to pick an individual for this game. It was a team effort through and through. If I could, I would award it to our collective defense. We shut them down.

Cameron
01-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Andre in a landslide. He just may be playing himself into the NPOTY race. I said may be.

Newton_14
01-01-2014, 10:50 PM
I voted for Andre because he came in and immediately destroyed Elon's will and any hope of staying in this game. The kid is on fire from downtown and I as mentioned in my wrap up post for Phase II, is making adjustments and improvements in other areas as well.

Agree with others too that Marshall is starting to show signs and make real contributions. The hyperness is being harnessed a bit, the game is slowing down for him a tad, and the potential is starting to translate to results. Baby steps, but progress. Great to see.

Jabari is a stud so no complaints with Jipops voting for him...

A great team effort, and great team play. The guys are coming together.

Dukehky
01-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Dre all day baby. Dre all freaking day