Kenny Anunike
Ross Cockrell
Justin Foxx
Dave Harding
Garett Patterson
Sydney Sarmiento
Perry Simmons
Anthony Young Wiseman.

And the backups whose names I don't know. Thank you so much for what you've done for this program, even with tonight's loss. Even if I've cursed some of you out in chat quite a bit (some of you can attest to that!), You've helped lead us into a new era of Duke Football and a thanks is MORE than deserved.

I just wish you'd gone out with a win, but ACC Coastal champions will have to do.

chaosmage
12-31-2013, 11:59 PM
A great season all around. Thank you to those guys for believing in Coach Cut's vision and sticking with it.

Bring on 2014.

JBDuke
01-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Absolutely a "ditto" from me. Last year's seniors took Duke to respectability. This year's seniors took the next step - success on a national scale. I suspect we may still be ranked in the final poll. We played in the ACC Championship Game and in the Peach Bowl. Been a long time since Duke has seen this kind of football success. I'm excited at the prospects for next year's team as well.

CatDevil
01-01-2014, 12:09 AM
100% agree with other posters here! You guys made it happen. It was a blast sharing Duke Football History.
THANK YOU!!!!

DukieInKansas
01-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Thank you to all the Seniors. You have brought the program so far. You have represented the University well on the field and in the classroom. Thank you for being such remarkable men.

Reisen
01-01-2014, 12:24 AM
Thanks, guys. Proud of how you represented the program this year. You guys had a ton of talent and, more importantly, heart.

flyingdutchdevil
01-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Thank you Duke football.

You gave me the belief that there is more to Duke than basketball. And I only know basketball.

Go Duke football

mike88
01-01-2014, 12:32 AM
Many thanks to all the Seniors- my highlight of the season was celebrating with them on the field after beating Miami on Senior Day

heyman25
01-01-2014, 12:39 AM
Thanks, guys. Proud of how you represented the program this year. You guys had a ton of talent and, more importantly, heart.

I second that emotion.Duke Football is back thanks to the Seniors.

moonpie23
01-01-2014, 01:13 AM
ditto….thanks guys…..

-bdbd
01-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Thanks Seniors! You truly are leaving a program much better than when you arrived. Please be proud. You've earned it.

wilko
01-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Dear Sr's
The bowl loss was disappointing. BUT it was a BOWL.
We had a 10 win season. It took 10 yrs to get 10 wins prior to your arrival on campus.

We would never have gotten there in the 1st place w/o your hard work and dedication. My pride and happiness for you guys and your career achievements FAR FAR exceeds any momentary disappointment in a game or 3.

Its been my pleasure to watch you grow into MEN.

You guys put us on the map again and I am forever grateful and appreciative.

OldPhiKap
01-01-2014, 09:57 AM
I posted an open letter to last year's seniors here:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?30046-An-Open-Letter-to-Duke-Football&highlight=Open+letter

Amazing how far we have come in a year. You guys are part oft he foundation of the rebirth of Duke football and should hold your heads high. Best of luck with all future careers, whatever they may be!

jv001
01-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Thank you guys for bringing Duke Football back to respectability. God bless each one of you on the 2013 team. Now go get em in 2014! GoDuke!!!

Merlindevildog91
01-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Thank you, seniors. Thank you for what you did on the field, and thank you for representing DUKE in so many positive ways.

chrishoke
01-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Thank you Seniors. You are CHAMPIONS! I have been a Duke football fan for over 50 years - words cannot express the joy you have given to me and other loyal fans that stuck with the program. We are proud of your achievements and so excited at the prospects of building on the foundation that you have built. You will never be forgotten! Well done men.

OldPhiKap
01-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Is there any doubt that Ross Cockrell will end up on the staff at some point in time?

devildeac
01-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Is there any doubt that Ross Cockrell will end up on the staff at some point in time?

He sure mentored the numerous members of our young secondary in the NCSU game (I think) where he was out (most of) the 3Q and 4Q with his leg injury. At that point, I think we had a R-So, a R-Fr or two and perhaps a couple true Fr on the field as our DB. I think Edwards was interviewed by a Raleigh N&O writer after that game and talked about how tough and instructional Ross was on him and the other young DBs. I also had the chance to talk with Ross' dad and uncle after the WFU game this year when he made the INT to close down the Deacs' final push. They remembered very well the taunting he received during the 54-48 loss several years earlier in W-S when he was told he was not an ACC quality player and couldn't cover the WFU WR. Sweet justice.

Son of Jarhead
01-02-2014, 12:43 AM
So proud of you guys, our seniors, and of the program you and Coach Cut have built. And so proud to call myself a Duke fan with guys like you representing Duke so very well. After more than four decades going to games at Wallace Wade with my dad (Jarhead), this season, building on last season, has been truly special in ways I can't even begin to articulate. I know that next season will continue to build on the foundation you guys have helped put in place. I'm looking forward to going to many more games in Wallace Wade with Pops, and to more bowl games, too. Best wishes in all you do, and, again, thank you seniors.

Dev11
01-02-2014, 09:21 AM

Hopefully he comes back after a few years in the NFL.

duke blue brewcrew
01-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Dear Sr's
The bowl loss was disappointing. BUT it was a BOWL.
We had a 10 win season. It took 10 yrs to get 10 wins prior to your arrival on campus.

We would never have gotten there in the 1st place w/o your hard work and dedication. My pride and happiness for you guys and your career achievements FAR FAR exceeds any momentary disappointment in a game or 3.

Its been my pleasure to watch you grow into MEN.

You guys put us on the map again and I am forever grateful and appreciative.

No one put it better than this, well said! I wanted to see our Seniors go out on top. In a way they did, by accomplishing so much this season. It's a bitter pill to swallow to lose the last game in the fashion they did...but our Seniors can hold their heads high with all they accomplished during their time representing Duke football. I am forever grateful!

killerleft
01-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Seniors:

The enormity of what you guys have accomplished is something that this 61 year-old fully appreciates. I thank you so much. We older Duke fans have always had the hope that Duke would again be competitive and able to fight for championships. That day has come, and I'm still not sure how to act.

But I know who to thank And that's the committee that oversaw the hiring of Coach Cut, Coach Cut and his assistants, and the players who bought into Coach Cutcliffe's 'process' of turning the Duke Blue Devils into a contender. And we mustn't forget the younger guys on this team. The process continues!

Go Duke!

Indoor66
01-02-2014, 02:04 PM
It is a pleasure to see Duke in big time games again. Thanks to the Seniors for their play and leadership. They came when others would not. Cut has done a heck of a job bringing in boys and turning them into men. Thanks to them all.

ricks68
01-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Thank you seniors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, thanks to everyone involved in the program. I am so proud of all of you.:D:D:D

ricks

bluedevil31
01-02-2014, 10:19 PM
So proud of the seniors from our team. My family and I have had the BEST time going to the games and watching them on tv. You all have made me even more proud to say I am a Duke supporter and fan. Wonderful job and best of luck to all of you!!!

OldPhiKap
01-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Nice shout out to Dave Harding at the Alabama-Oklahoma game for being named to the Good Works Team!

Merlindevildog91
01-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Nice shout out to Dave Harding at the Alabama-Oklahoma game for being named to the Good Works Team!

I couldn't help but contrast in my mind our offensive lineman who SPEAKS Arabic, and those people down the road who "studied" Swahili.

I am button-popping proud of our seniors and all they accomplished, both on the field and in the classroom and in the community.

CathyCA
01-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Thank you, seniors, for bringing this old alumna great JOY in Wally Wade this year!