PDA

View Full Version : Slow board posting issues

CameronBornAndBred
12-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Has anyone had problems typing their posts on the board? I've noticed it for a few weeks now, on more than one computer and in both Chrome and IE. While typing (especially editing) a post, not all the typed characters post to the screen. So while I type "Duke is the best team ever", what I get is "De the bet tm ver". It is not consistent, but it is frequent.

Indoor66
12-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Has anyone had problems typing their posts on the board? I've noticed it for a few weeks now, on more than one computer and in both Chrome and IE. While typing (especially editing) a post, not all the typed characters post to the screen. So while I type "Duke is the best team ever", what I get is "De the bet tm ver". It is not consistent, but it is frequent.

I am using Firefox and have had no problems.

-jk
12-29-2013, 01:41 PM
I've had one other report of this issue when posting in wysiwyg mode.

I'd be interested if others are seeing it.

-jk

moonpie23
01-02-2014, 09:30 PM
i'm having issues with my iPhone and iPad…..it keeps taking me to some other site altogether…

something called SB NATION….I've ditched my bookmarks and tried to get back to the sites…

OldPhiKap
01-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Merry Christmas, y'all!

Indoor66
01-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Merry Christmas, y'all!

Was that said s-l-o-w-l-y? :cool:

timmy c
01-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Merry Christmas, y'all!

Happy thanksgiving!

devildeac
01-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Happy thanksgiving!

You are really having problems with slow posting:rolleyes:;).

Jarhead
01-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Happy thanksgiving!

What!? I missed Thanksgiving again? You really gotta watch that calendar when you retire.

timmy c
01-04-2014, 07:58 AM
You are really having problems with slow posting:rolleyes:;).

I can sometimes be a big behind... :D

What!? I missed Thanksgiving again? You really gotta watch that calendar when you retire.

Again? Is this a recurring problem?

Indoor66
01-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Hey, Timmy. Who won the War of the Roses? Lancaster or York? I missed the end.... :cool:

OldPhiKap
01-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Hey, Timmy. Who won the War of the Roses? Lancaster or York? I missed the end.... :cool:

Burt Lancaster and Dick York had a fight? How'd I miss that?

devildeac
01-04-2014, 01:31 PM

You didn't. It was Jalen Rose and Rosie O'Donnell:rolleyes:.

Man, there hasn't been a post about slow posting issues since near the beginning of this thread. I feel the hammer coming down soon...

OldPhiKap
01-04-2014, 01:59 PM
You didn't. It was Jalen Rose and Rosie O'Donnell:rolleyes:.

Man, there hasn't been a post about slow posting issues since near the beginning of this thread. I feel the hammer coming down soon...

A bunch have probably been typed and submitted -- they just haven't shown up yet because of the slow posting problem.

You raise a good question, though: Can an off-topic thread really get off-topic?

You'd think they'd lock the ones that actually established and stayed on a topic.

(but given the lack of real responses, I take it that the problem of slow posting is not widespread)

(P.S. -- I would not bet against Rosie in a fight. Just sayin')

Kimist
01-04-2014, 02:22 PM

So far as I know, the war continues.

It was certainly in full force when I lived in Edens Quadrangle. . . . .:D

k

YmoBeThere
01-04-2014, 07:20 PM

York won, because he was joined by Dick Sargeant. Sargeant York will always prevail...

OldPhiKap
01-04-2014, 07:36 PM
York won, because he was joined by Dick Sargeant. Sargeant York will always prevail...

York v. Sargent debate is destined for a PPB lock. Worse than "Tastes Great v. Less Filling" and "Coke v. Pepsi" combined.

(although the answers are York, less filling, and Coke respectively)

devil84
01-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Yes, OT threads can get too far off-topic.

Repost in a new thread if there are further slow posting issues.