PDA

View Full Version : Duke Football to Play @ Notre Dame 9/24/2016

nocilla
12-20-2013, 08:31 PM
As part of the ACC and ND's agreement to play 5 games per year, Duke will travel to ND on Sept 24, 2016.

http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/ACC-Notre-Dame-Announce-Football-Game-Dates-for-2014-2015-2016_12-20-13_flh921

Duke of Nashville
12-21-2013, 12:19 AM
I will be at this game and fully intend of giving my in-laws hell until 2016.

throatybeard
12-21-2013, 02:25 AM
I will too. My closest friend in our Dept is an ND alum, but all his ticket hookups died or retired or I don't know what. As soon as I got wind of this game, I told him I'd do anything I could to get tickets through Duke. I was also at the 2007 game there, in which Duke managed to get killed by one of the worst teams ever fielded by Our Lady of Northern Indiana.

Duke of Nashville
12-21-2013, 03:58 AM
Can't wait. Duke Football's future is so bright. :cool:

It's hard to look at things that far ahead but given there are no major changes IMO you'll see a ranked Duke Football team come into this game.

What kind of expectations will we have after the 2014/2015 season? 2015/2016?

Do our talented Freshman continue to develop on the defensive end? They would be the senior leaders at that point.

Does our next recruiting class live up to the early hype?

Will the coaching staff remain intact? And if so, can they continue to develop the talent?

Should be interesting to watch who will develop into the starting QB by 2016.

Will Thomas Sirk overcome an early injury in his career?

Where does Quay fit into the mix?

Will it be a Junior/RS Soph Nicco Pierre? Or a mixture of the two?

What about RB Shaun Wilson? Who may possibly join him in the "stable of backs"?

Really happy to be talking about 2016 Duke Football...

devildeac
12-21-2013, 07:11 AM
I'm actually looking forward to the next time we play NCSU in 2020, IIRC:rolleyes:.

Seriously, this announcement is great. Wonder when we get ND FB to travel to the new and improved Wallace Wade for a tussle.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-21-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm actually looking forward to the next time we play NCSU in 2020, IIRC:rolleyes:.

Seriously, this announcement is great. Wonder when we get ND FB to travel to the new and improved Wallace Wade for a tussle.
When? Three year later when the 15 game rotation cycles around again!

I'm putting a trip to Chicago on September 23, 2016 on our calendar today!

JBDuke
12-21-2013, 09:31 AM
While I appreciate the enthusiasm, it's a bit early for a pre-game thread on this one. We've got a lot of football to play between now and then, including a little matchup with Texas A&M in 10 days. Let's keep the focus where it needs to be...

ForkFondler
12-24-2013, 03:20 PM
The Northwestern game will be the week before. I'm planning on a midwestern vacation for at least a week. @Pitt and @ Louisville will be on the schedule too, so maybe more.

CameronBornAndBred
12-24-2013, 05:23 PM
While I appreciate the enthusiasm, it's a bit early for a pre-game thread on this one. We've got a lot of football to play between now and then, including a little matchup with Texas A&M in 10 days. Let's keep the focus where it needs to be...
It is the job of the team to focus on the next game. As fans, we love dreaming about what's coming down the pipe. I am looking forward to the first game ND plays at Wade, and that is even further out. I wonder which will come first, that event or us playing the Wolfpack again.