PDA

View Full Version : New Rules

jamesfrommaiden
12-19-2013, 01:40 PM
I am so sick and tired of hearing about Duke's lack of ability to stop dribble penetration. Tell me. Exactly who is able to stop guys from driving the lane these days. All defenders can do is try their best to stop it, but it is impossible to do with the way the game is being called. The only alternative is to do what UNC is doing and foul everytime someone tries to enter the lane. The biggest problem with Duke's defense is the lack of shot blocking rim protecter. If Duke had that you would hear nothing about the inability to stop the dribble drive. Its either foul more or block more shots.

luburch
12-19-2013, 01:58 PM
You know what's worse than the new rules? Hearing people complain about the new rules.

jamesfrommaiden
12-19-2013, 02:29 PM
You know what's worse than the new rules? Hearing people complain about the new rules.

I did not once complain about the new rules. I said Duke was taking unfair criticism about stopping dribble penetration, when no one can stop it on a consistant basis under these rules. I wasn't complaining about them at all.

jv001
12-19-2013, 02:42 PM
I did not once complain about the new rules. I said Duke was taking unfair criticism about stopping dribble penetration, when no one can stop it on a consistant basis under these rules. I wasn't complaining about them at all.

But Duke can do a much better job of stopping penetration. Poor communication, not understanding the Duke man to man system, lack of focus and sometimes just lack of effort. But lack of effort probably is the last thing wrong with Duke's man to man. I do believe we'll get better when everyone realizes it's a "team defense" first and foremost. The rules have hurt many teams so far, but the successful ones(come tournament time) will have made the adjustments. GoDuke!

jimrowe0
12-19-2013, 02:53 PM
or PLAY ZONE

jv001
12-19-2013, 02:56 PM
or PLAY ZONE

I sure wish we could play a GOOD zone. I just don't have much confidence in Coach K going in that direction. GoDuke!