PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Colorado 75, Kansas 72

burnspbesq
12-07-2013, 05:47 PM
First-ever win for the Buffs over the Jayhawks, on a buzzer-beating three.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400498294

g-money
12-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Great finish. Brings back memories of Capel vs UNC...

Rich
12-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Great finish. Brings back memories of Capel vs UNC...

Except we lost that game. More like Dockery against VTech.

The 3 point foul against Wiggins was a horrible call. Replay showed he didn't even touch him. Colorado deserved to win that game.

-jk
12-07-2013, 06:07 PM
How 'bout Banks or Rivers? Both sweet endings. Or the granddaddy: Lind?

This season is gonna be, as Steve Martin might say, "Wild and Crazy", guys. (Now get off my lawn!)

-jk

Dukehky
12-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Did they come out of that zone against Kansas after the 15 minute mark of the first half? They can't shoot 3's for squat. Put that one in the old memory bank.

Even the best teams bring their best games against Duke...

g-money
12-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Except we lost that game.

Yeah, I was about three rows into the student section for that game. I know.

To me the Colorado play was a bit more Capel-esque, but that's just my $0.02 . Best finish of the year (so far that is) either way.

timmy c
12-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Looks like upset Saturday. UCLA lost early and several other ranked teams are down -- UVA & Arizona. Hope Duke catches the fever tonight against FSU!

vick
12-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Did they come out of that zone against Kansas after the 15 minute mark of the first half? They can't shoot 3's for squat. Put that one in the old memory bank.

Even the best teams bring their best games against Duke...

Maybe, but it's worth pointing out that this was an incredibly marginal upset--Vegas had KU 1.5 point favorites, Pomeroy had them 1 point favorites. Pretty much a pick 'em, and it ended on a buzzer beater. Not in any real sense an upset.

tommy
12-07-2013, 07:31 PM
I was struck by two things. One, two different Colorado players who are 90% free-throw shooters missed free throws in the last 30 seconds of the game. They did the best they could to give that game away. Second, Kansas, which has the reputation of always looking to the post first, never went into the post in the last eight minutes of the game. The guards did all of the shooting up until Ellis' tying hoop in the last seconds.

hurleyfor3
12-07-2013, 11:39 PM
First-ever win for the Buffs over the Jayhawks, on a buzzer-beating three.

Kansa had won 19 straight against CU, but Colorado did last beat Kansas in 2003.

Colorado's better than Kansas... and 48 other states.

TexHawk
12-08-2013, 12:55 PM

The 3 point foul against Wiggins was a horrible call. Replay showed he didn't even touch him. Colorado deserved to win that game.

The guy very clearly hit Wiggins's elbow with his own. He didn't hit the body, which may have been the motion that the ref made, but you can't take out a guy's elbow on a three and expect to get away with it. Considering the foul discrepancy was 27-14 in favor of the home team, I was surprised KU was even got that one.

Edouble
12-08-2013, 05:23 PM

Not sure that you can debate what something reminds someone of...

BD80
12-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Not sure that you can debate what something reminds someone of...

Yes you can ...