PDA

View Full Version : Does Darby High really suck?

captmojo
08-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Kyle Garchar, of Hilliard Davidson High in Columbus, OH, gets fans on the visiting side to do a stadium card flip revealing "WE SUCK". This is genius and the kid gets suspended for it. Say it ain't so.

I remember back a long time ago, a game being televised at Duke, when you only got one ACC game of the week, when editors learned it was cool to have a shot from the far baseline toward the crowd through a free thrower's back. Somebody in Cameron held up a sign reading-"Pilot Life Sucks". I fell to the floor and rolled out the door. The camera man couldn't get off that sign fast enough. He panned all over the stadium. Fantastic.

hc5duke
08-31-2007, 02:06 PM
It was an homage to what Yale did to Harvard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale's_%22We_Suck%22_Prank) couple years ago. I thought it was harmless fun, but I guess schools are becoming more sucky*.

* We apologize for the fault in the post. Those responsible have
been sacked.

TillyGalore
08-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Didn't the Twerps hack into the Duke system and find the cheers the Cameron Crazies were going to do and change them?

hc5duke
08-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Didn't the Twerps hack into the Duke system and find the cheers the Cameron Crazies were going to do and change them?

Not sure if I'm remembering the same thing, but IIRC some Maryland guy im'ed the cheer sheet coordinator (such a bad idea...) and told them a Maryland player's girlfriend's nickname is "piggie" or something like that. Then we said it several times during the game.

captmojo
08-31-2007, 08:02 PM
I remember watch a Monday night football game back in the 70's that had the funniest scene I've ever witnessed. Houston was playing and they were really bad then, REALLY BAD. It was the fourth quarter and the Oilers were losing big, like by 40 some at home. This was during the time when they were first using hand held cameras, with a guy whose job was to walk around using the hand held only.

Some guy was sitting all alone in the upper deck. There was not another spectator within 200 feet of him, most everybody had deserted the place. Well, the cameraman goes up to this guy, gets him in focus, the guy turns in his seat, looks the camera straight in the lens and FLIPS AMERICA THE BIRD.

I laughed till I thought I'd puke. Of course, alcohol consumption must be factored in. ABC went straight to commercial, no fade to black:D

wilson
08-31-2007, 09:01 PM
Not sure if I'm remembering the same thing, but IIRC some Maryland guy im'ed the cheer sheet coordinator (such a bad idea...) and told them a Maryland player's girlfriend's nickname is "piggie" or something like that. Then we said it several times during the game.

It went like this...

Some twerps hijacked the cheer sheets and planted the "fact" that one of the twerp players' girlfriends, supposedly named "Myra," had nicknamed the player in question "Piggie." When the Crazies chanted "Myra and Piggie" during the game, it sounded on the broadcast more like "Myron Piggie," the name of Corey Maggette's crooked agent/AAU coach, whose liaisons with Maggette almost cost Duke the '99 runner-up finish. Suffice it to say that the Crazies found themselves with considerable egg upon their collective countenance.

This, of course, is only reason number 997,641 why the cheer sheets are the opposite of cool.