QB Thomas Sirk (leg)

WR Jack Wise (upper body)

S Anthony Young-Wiseman (leg)

OUT FOR SEASON

OT Tanner Stone (leg)

DT Jamal Wallace (leg)

OldPhiKap
12-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Hard to believe we are through the regular season already, and in good physical shape all things considered.

Devil in the Blue Dress
12-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Thank you, Jim. Great report for early December!

jimsumner
12-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm disappointed so see A Y-W out. He's been hurt much of his career and most of his contributions this season have come on special teams. But he's a fifth-year senior, one of those pioneers who bought into Cut's vision at a time when people were still pooh-poohing Duke football. It's a shame he won't be able to participate in the fruits of his labors.

loran16
12-05-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm disappointed so see A Y-W out. He's been hurt much of his career and most of his contributions this season have come on special teams. But he's a fifth-year senior, one of those pioneers who bought into Cut's vision at a time when people were still pooh-poohing Duke football. It's a shame he won't be able to participate in the fruits of his labors.

Hope he gets ready for the Bowl game then.

Meanwhile, while he's out, Jonathan Woodruff (DE) is fully off the list.

CameronBornAndBred
12-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Why is Sirk continuously listed? I mean, if he is out, and there are only two more games to play, why have him there? I can't imagine that we would burn a redshirt and put him in the bowl game.
Love this list by the way.

loran16
12-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Why is Sirk continuously listed? I mean, if he is out, and there are only two more games to play, why have him there? I can't imagine that we would burn a redshirt and put him in the bowl game.

I asked this last week. Course, he doesn't have a redshirt this year - he used it last year. So unless he's going to be like Kenny and apply for a hardship waiver, it really doesn't matter.

sagegrouse
12-05-2013, 12:15 PM

I think Sirk has already burned a redshirt season. I suppose Cut thinks he may be ready for a bowl game in 3-4 weeks.

sage

CameronBornAndBred
12-05-2013, 12:28 PM
I asked this last week. Course, he doesn't have a redshirt this year - he used it last year. So unless he's going to be like Kenny and apply for a hardship waiver, it really doesn't matter.
Gotcha, thanks. I'm curious to see how he is going to be used. With the experience and success that Cutcliffe has had with Boone/Connette, I can't see him taking over a QB role unless he is just absolutely awesome. Which he may be. I'm hoping he has other skill sets, like Connette does.

jimsumner
12-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Anunike was granted a second redshirt because both of his lost seasons were injury related.

Sirk was a healthy redshirt last season as a true freshman. So, he would not be eligible for an injury redshirt.

Maybe he'll be healthy enough to get a series or two late after Duke gets a big lead in their bowl game.

Before he got hurt, Duke thought Sirk was going to be good, really good.

Hopefully, that will still be the case next season. And down the line.