PDA

View Full Version : Best day ever!

greensborodevil
12-02-2013, 11:51 AM
I know we should be talking basketball, but had to share this day. In the Pope box with all those Heels and pull off a win! I did ask around to some big wigs about Pj and they all said he was gone!

wilson
12-02-2013, 12:07 PM
...I did ask around to some big wigs about Pj and they all said he was gone!Care to elaborate? Inquiring minds...

ricks68
12-02-2013, 12:16 PM
I can relate to that! I also had quite a day walking around Asheville, my new home, in my Duke jacket with a huge grin allllllllllll day long!!!!:D (I plan on still doing that for quite a while.)

ricks

greensborodevil
12-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Care to elaborate? Inquiring minds...

All they would say is Pj gone and Mcdonald 10-15? I was surprised they even talked too me! nobody would even look my way after game.

Wilson is that a American bulldog in your pic?

wilson
12-02-2013, 12:50 PM
All they would say is Pj gone and Mcdonald 10-15? I was surprised they even talked too me! nobody would even look my way after game.Who is "they"? Administrators? Athletics staffers? Boosters?

Wilson is that a American bulldog in your pic?Half English bulldog, half boxer. So yeah, same idea.

budwom
12-02-2013, 01:27 PM
There seems to be substance (whether one chooses to believe it or not) to the assertion that the NCAA ruled PJ out for the year and McD out for half a year.
UNC is currently appealing this ruling, (and is looking for any compromising photos anyone has relative to NCAA officials.)
Once there's a ruling on the appeal, we'll all know.

Quite a few connected people say this is the current status, but no, there is no link available to an article which proves it.

weezie
12-02-2013, 02:33 PM
I also had quite a day walking around Asheville, my new home, in my Duke jacket with a huge grin allllllllllll day long!!!!:D (I plan on still doing that for quite a while.)

ricks
You'll fit right in over there ricks old boy, there are plenty of old hippies floating around Asheville. Hahaha

DevilWearsPrada
12-02-2013, 03:37 PM
I know we should be talking basketball, but had to share this day. In the Pope box with all those Heels and pull off a win! I did ask around to some big wigs about Pj and they all said he was gone!

Great Photo GboroDevil!!!! Love your Shirt!!!! GTHC

Did those "Big Wigs" "Flip their Wigs, after the Game?" And Duke kept the Victory Bell!!! Coach Cutcliffe was carried off Kenan Stadium Field!!!! Awesome Day!!!

greensborodevil
12-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Great Photo GboroDevil!!!! Love your Shirt!!!! GTHC

Did those "Big Wigs" "Flip their Wigs, after the Game?" And Duke kept the Victory Bell!!! Coach Cutcliffe was carried off Kenan Stadium Field!!!! Awesome Day!!!

I made a video of the box running for the doors after the interception!

ricks68
12-03-2013, 12:21 PM
You'll fit right in over there ricks old boy, there are plenty of old hippies floating around Asheville. Hahaha

I'll have to send you a picture of my new frocks when I have the time. My hair is looooong already! ;)

Trying to arrange to see the game somewhere tonight with Mattman and Mountain Devil. I haven't got a tv connection yet.

ricks

Indoor66
12-03-2013, 01:14 PM
I just got back from the Gym (where I wore my Duke shirt). I ran into the resident unc fan and he said that they should have won the game and we were lucky. I said that it was just luck that we picked that pass at 2 minutes. He then thought about it and sheepishly admitted that Duke played a better game and deserved to win. Ahh, the pain of humility! :cool:

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-03-2013, 01:25 PM
I'll have to send you a picture of my new frocks when I have the time. My hair is looooong already! ;)

Trying to arrange to see the game somewhere tonight with Mattman and Mountain Devil. I haven't got a tv connection yet.

ricks

APBC on Merrimon has some Duke friendly barkeeps. Also my watering hole of choice.

Go Duke!

grad_devil
12-03-2013, 02:16 PM
APBC on Merrimon has some Duke friendly barkeeps. Also my watering hole of choice.

Go Duke!

APBC, eh? I was considering the Bier Garden downtown.

I think DBR should create a sticky post on Duke-friendly bars in different geographic locations. Or perhaps it exists and I've missed it.