PDA

View Full Version : Q and A with Coach K

NM Duke Fan
11-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Hopefully this hasn't been posted already in a place I missed, interesting comments:

CBSSports.com: There were moments last year when Ryan Kelly was out where Amile Jefferson looked like a guy who could really provide intangibles on a regular basis. How paramount is it for he or somebody else to try and take that role in the frontcourt?

Krzyzewski: I think there's a number of people that have to take roles. It's not just one and that big guy position, a number of people can be there. Amile can be there. I'd like to see Marshall Plumlee be there. For a limited time and you know he's been a really good player for us, Josh Hairston needs to contribute as well. It's more of a committee than one person and then at times we'll go small where Jabari is the biggest guy on the court. We're still trying to figure out who we are. I would rather take the time to figure that out than to pigeonhole my team early and not give them a growth period where they can grow.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24292086/q-a-dukes-mike-krzyzewski

roywhite
11-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Hopefully this hasn't been posted already in a place I missed, interesting comments:

CBSSports.com: There were moments last year when Ryan Kelly was out where Amile Jefferson looked like a guy who could really provide intangibles on a regular basis. How paramount is it for he or somebody else to try and take that role in the frontcourt?

Krzyzewski: I think there's a number of people that have to take roles. It's not just one and that big guy position, a number of people can be there. Amile can be there. I'd like to see Marshall Plumlee be there. For a limited time and you know he's been a really good player for us, Josh Hairston needs to contribute as well. It's more of a committee than one person and then at times we'll go small where Jabari is the biggest guy on the court. We're still trying to figure out who we are. I would rather take the time to figure that out than to pigeonhole my team early and not give them a growth period where they can grow.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24292086/q-a-dukes-mike-krzyzewski

What??

Does Coach K not realize how dire the situation is? Does he not read these boards at all? Surely he must realize how bad this team is, how he MUST revamp his lineup and change his defensive concepts.

(sarcasm)

Newton_14
11-27-2013, 08:44 PM
What??

Does Coach K not realize how dire the situation is? Does he not read these boards at all? Surely he must realize how bad this team is, how he MUST revamp his lineup and change his defensive concepts.

(sarcasm)

It was a good article. I especially liked this comment from K about Andre:

CBSSports.com: Two years ago, Andre Dawkins (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/collegebasketball/players/playerpage/1714998/andre-dawkins) had several occasions where he came off the bench and provided a huge lift. There have been moments during the first few games that he's shown that same type of ability. What would it mean to have that type of option in reserve?
Krzyzewski: Well Andre's story is a unique story. He was literally away from the game for a year. It's not like riding a bicycle. That's not to say you ever forget how to ride a bicycle. I'd be a little afraid of me going on a bicycle but the thing about Andre is that Andre's happy and he knows who he is right now. I think we just have to give him time to adjust. If he adjusts where his talents can be shown because he can really shoot the ball, then he can be a big factor for us. Whether he started or he came off the bench, he's won games for us in the past.