PDA

View Full Version : Parker honored again

jimsumner
11-18-2013, 03:59 PM
We might need to make this a sticky. :)

"Duke’s Jabari Parker was named ACC Co-Player of the Week as well as ACC Rookie of the Week Monday as selected by members of the league’s media and announced by the conference office. The freshman forward shared Player of the Week accolades with Boston College’s Olivier Hanlan while claiming Rookie of the Week honors for the second straight week

Parker averaged 24.5 points, 9.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.0 blocks and 2.0 steals per game as Duke split games against No. 5 Kansas (L, 94-83) and Florida Atlantic (W, 97-64). The Chicago native went 16-of-31 (.516) from the field, including 8-of-13 (.615) from three-point range and 8-of-11 (.727) from the foul line in the two contests. He paced the Blue Devils in the loss to No. 5 Kansas with 28 points, nine rebounds and two steals, while going 9-of-18 from the field, including 4-of-7 from three-point range, and 5-of-5 from the free throw line. Parker scored 19 points, knocked down four three-point field goals and was 6-of-10 from the field in staking Duke to a 42-40 halftime lead at the United Center in Chicago.

Duke closed the week with a 97-64 win over Florida Atlantic as Parker recorded a double-double with 21 points and 10 rebounds. He also added three assists and two steals while making four three-point field goals in the win. Parker also became the first freshman in Duke history to score 20-or-more points in each of the first three games on the season."

flyingdutchdevil
11-18-2013, 04:03 PM
We might need to make this a sticky. :)

"Duke’s Jabari Parker was named ACC Co-Player of the Week as well as ACC Rookie of the Week Monday as selected by members of the league’s media and announced by the conference office. The freshman forward shared Player of the Week accolades with Boston College’s Olivier Hanlan while claiming Rookie of the Week honors for the second straight week

Parker averaged 24.5 points, 9.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.0 blocks and 2.0 steals per game as Duke split games against No. 5 Kansas (L, 94-83) and Florida Atlantic (W, 97-64). The Chicago native went 16-of-31 (.516) from the field, including 8-of-13 (.615) from three-point range and 8-of-11 (.727) from the foul line in the two contests. He paced the Blue Devils in the loss to No. 5 Kansas with 28 points, nine rebounds and two steals, while going 9-of-18 from the field, including 4-of-7 from three-point range, and 5-of-5 from the free throw line. Parker scored 19 points, knocked down four three-point field goals and was 6-of-10 from the field in staking Duke to a 42-40 halftime lead at the United Center in Chicago.

Duke closed the week with a 97-64 win over Florida Atlantic as Parker recorded a double-double with 21 points and 10 rebounds. He also added three assists and two steals while making four three-point field goals in the win. Parker also became the first freshman in Duke history to score 20-or-more points in each of the first three games on the season."

JP Tokoto didn't win the award this week?

Sorry - I couldn't resist.

Indoor66
11-18-2013, 06:27 PM

He got the free throw award. :cool:

BD80
11-19-2013, 10:33 AM

He was practicing for the regional BAC competition:

http://www.sfbuildingtradescouncil.org/content/view/971/65/

timmy c
11-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Duke announced that Jabari Parker collected the ACC rookie of the week award for the third time (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209323871&DB_OEM_ID=4200).

duke4ever19
11-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Duke announced that Jabari Parker collected the ACC rookie of the week award for the third time (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209323871&DB_OEM_ID=4200).

Obviously Jabari's parents didn't teach him how to share. ;)

bbq-devil
11-25-2013, 10:25 PM
We should have a poll of how many weeks Jabari will NOT be ACC rookie of the week.
Weeks Duke does not play doesn't count (I think there is one around finals and Christmas)

I'll take 0.0

Dukehky
11-25-2013, 10:47 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/

We all know Parker will be one of the top 3 picks in next years draft should he decide to come out. But since the season started, Rodney Hood has worked his way up from 28 to number 7 in the mock draft. I was really hoping we would get Hood back, but its going to be tough for anybody to turn down a top 10 pick... I think Hood has been just as impressive as Jabari has on the offensive end. Part of Hood's performance is probably due to people focusing so much on Jabari, but it could also be the other way around. Even with our defense the way it is, these two guys give us a chance to win just about any game we could play. Hood's performance against KU will be the low outlier on his performances this year. Crazy confident in that kids ability.

Jabari is going to win this award like every week, hopefully he gets a couple of ACC POW instead of just ROW.

Good for Marcus Paige dropping 30 though. I had no idea he was capable of doing anything close to that. Here's to hoping he never does it again!