PDA

View Full Version : Josh Snead

Reilly
11-16-2013, 08:52 PM
9 rushes, 138 yards.

Such a humble, hard-working guy who had a rough go of it at the end of the Belk Bowl but who always conducts himself with class.

Happy for him.

wilko
11-16-2013, 09:18 PM
STUD.
Not a 6' or an 8' but rather a 12' pressure treated stick of wood.

Dude was gr8 tonight.

OldPhiKap
11-16-2013, 09:57 PM
A number of great performances in the backfield, great job to all!

loran16
11-16-2013, 10:18 PM
We have 4 great RBs, each with their own skills - Duncan's a truck, Snead's a finesse guy, Powell and Thompson somewhere in the middle.

Shaq, Jela, and Josh will be back next year which is amazing. Their offensive line will be lose two guys (Skura and Harding), but having such veteran backs will ease the transition pretty damn well.

devildeac
11-16-2013, 10:49 PM
We have 4 great RBs, each with their own skills - Duncan's a truck, Snead's a finesse guy, Powell and Thompson somewhere in the middle.

Shaq, Jela, and Josh will be back next year which is amazing. Their offensive line will be lose two guys (Skura and Harding), but having such veteran backs will ease the transition pretty damn well.

Wait, you like all 4 running backs now;)?

loran16
11-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Wait, you like all 4 running backs now;)?

Damn, someone noticed. Well I was going to say 3 running backs since Juwan has basically no carries since the linebacker shift, but I felt that'd be mean.

DU82
11-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Damn, someone noticed. Well I was going to say 3 running backs since Juwan has basically no carries since the linebacker shift, but I felt that'd be mean.

Other than that huge run against NC State last week, of course!

devildeac
11-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Other than that huge run against NC State last week, of course!

Longest run we had from scrimmage last week, IIRC;).

ForkFondler
11-16-2013, 11:05 PM
We've got a really mean package back too.

OldPhiKap
11-16-2013, 11:12 PM

Probably time to pick a more positive sig line too. Just sayin'.

QB runs seem to work pretty well these days, not to mention a stable of backs who get the job done.

loran16
11-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Probably time to pick a more positive sig line too. Just sayin'.

QB runs seem to work pretty well these days, not to mention a stable of backs who get the job done.

Well invent a new Connette drinking game and maybe my sig will change :-P

OldPhiKap
11-16-2013, 11:23 PM
Well invent a new Connette drinking game and maybe my sig will change :-P

I drank every time he was part of a score. Surprised I can type!

1999ballboy
11-17-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm always amazed at how fearless he is. Even as the smallest RB we have, he loves to barrel right through the middle at full speed. Most teams would stick exclusively to bigger guys like Duncan and Thompson for those types of plays, but Snead never lets up on his motor. I always worry that the guy's gonna get hurt, but it hasn't happened yet and he doesn't seem to worry. Great game for him!

OZZIE4DUKE
11-17-2013, 11:06 AM

Juwan started one series at running back yesterday, and I think he carried on first down.

I'm so happy for Josh, who is from Smithfield! I just wish he had taken a long run to the house like he did repeatedly in high school for SSS, aka S3! (S3 = Smithfield Selma Spartans!) :cool: Maybe next Saturday! Or better yet, next Saturday and the one's after that!

duke blue brewcrew
11-17-2013, 11:13 AM

Sadly, the O-Line actually loses three next year: Harding, Simmons and Coleman. It will be up to Tomlinson, Cofield and Skura to show the way next year. I foresee a tougher schedule and a less experienced O-line next year. So we need to enjoy this one while we can.

jimsumner
11-17-2013, 12:39 PM

Harding and Simmons graduate. Skura is a sophomore.

Duke has a true freshman RB who is being redshirted, Joseph Ajeigbe. They think he's going to be pretty good.

So, four RBs again next season.

budwom
11-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Sadly, the O-Line actually loses three next year: Harding, Simmons and Coleman. It will be up to Tomlinson, Cofield and Skura to show the way next year. I foresee a tougher schedule and a less experienced O-line next year. So we need to enjoy this one while we can.

Happy to disagree. We have a bunch of 300 lb guys waiting in the wings who are playing some and playing well....Robinson, Patrick just to name two, there are others (Ginn?)...we will have a solid OL again next year, count on it.

DevilWearsPrada
11-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Juwan started one series at running back yesterday, and I think he carried on first down.

I'm so happy for Josh, who is from Smithfield! I just wish he had taken a long run to the house like he did repeatedly in high school for SSS, aka S3! (S3 = Smithfield Selma Spartans!) :cool: Maybe next Saturday! Or better yet, next Saturday and the one's after that!

Agree OZZIE! Thrilled for Josh "Smithfield" Snead! Great Game!
And showed he had "NO FEAR" !

Duke Football NO FEAR

Duke Football RESTORED

arnie
11-17-2013, 03:31 PM

Don't believe the schedule will much different. OOC against Leon, Tulane, Troy and I think Kansas( no better than Navy). In conference only 1 change each year and since we played FSU / Clemson last year, the new team shouldn't be one of them. Even the 3rd best Atlantic team isn't very good. Anyone know for sure?

Duvall
11-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Don't believe the schedule will much different. OOC against Leon, Tulane, Troy and I think Kansas( no better than Navy). In conference only 1 change each year and since we played FSU / Clemson last year, the new team shouldn't be one of them. Even the 3rd best Atlantic team isn't very good. Anyone know for sure?

Duke goes to Syracuse next year. Tougher than hosting N.C. State, but manageable.