PDA

View Full Version : Players of the Day: Connette, Kershner, and LeMarchand

burnspbesq
11-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Don't want what Ali Kershner and Emme LeMarchand did for Duke today to go unnoticed in all of the football hubbub.

Kershner came off the bench cold and stoned two Colorado College shooters in the penalty shootout, enabling Duke to win it's first-round NCAA Tournament match on PKs, 4-3.

LeMarchand scored three goals in Duke's 6-1 win over New Hampshire in the first round of the NCAA field hockey tournament.

Well done, ladies.

75Crazie
11-16-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm sorry, but I find some fault in the pick of Connette. While he had a good game, the real player of the game was a unit: the offensive line. They never get any chance at awards, but they get my award for this game. It didn't matter who was running the ball, they found ways to spring them for big gains. I don't know enough about O-line play to single out any particular player, so they get a group pick from me.

And kudos to the ladies!

OldPhiKap
11-16-2013, 08:15 PM
A few days ago, Cut was asked about being a football program at a basketball school. His response was, in essence, that while Duke is rightly known for the men's basketball program it was important to note that DUKE SPORTS were all doing well. Across the board. He wanted folks to notice how Duke represents excellence in sports across the board, and he mentioned women's and men's sports.

BTW, Kevin White deserves a shout-out along these lines. Tom Butters was the architect, and Kevin has been an inspired builder upon that foundation. And yes, for all the gruff he sometimes gets, Joe Alleva deserves some credit here too.