PDA

View Full Version : Sulaimon=odd man out

11-16-2013, 12:51 PM
I think he is gonna disappear offensively this year, last year I thought he will dominate after a year, but with jabari and hood, I think he's gonna have to contribute mainly on the defensive side of the ball, thoughts?

jimsumner
11-16-2013, 12:55 PM
I think he is gonna disappear offensively this year, last year I thought he will dominate after a year, but with jabari and hood, I think he's gonna have to contribute mainly on the defensive side of the ball, thoughts?

Thoughts? I believe you are mistaken. Duke lost 47 ppg from Curry, Plumlee and Kelly from last year and is playing more up-tempo than last season.

So, there are more than enough shots to go around.

Sulaimon has a head cold and getting healthy would be useful. Your premise is decidedly not one shared by anyone with whom I am acquainted.

BD80
11-16-2013, 12:57 PM
... I don't know anyone who closely follows Duke basketball who would agree with your premise.

Trolls?

11-16-2013, 12:57 PM
I disagree, but I like your points, but not enough balls to go around, I like rasheed, I hope he can find his groove with this offensive powerhouse this year, and I hope youre right

dukelifer
11-16-2013, 12:58 PM

Don't buy it. He may not be the man in most games but I expect he will play a big role on both ends. It is a long season and there are a lot of talented players on this team- but he can be an elite defender and an excellent slasher and that will get him time.

11-16-2013, 12:59 PM
aint no troll, just a fan

moonpie23
11-16-2013, 01:09 PM

skeptical…….

11-16-2013, 01:13 PM
been a fan since the jim spanarkle days, gene banks, kenny dennard, and have always loathed carowiner

rhynelander
11-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Your premise is decidedly not one shared by anyone with whom I am acquainted.

That really made me chuckle. Made me think of this old clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

duke4ever19
11-16-2013, 01:24 PM

Long time fan? I thought the following post, your first post on our fair forum, (regarding the Okafor and Jones recruitment), rather intriguing:

"none of you no anything, remember a few weeks ago the kid everyone had penciled in to go to duke, Looney, i think, he went out west, these guys will probably go somewhere no one is expecting."

A unique way to introduce yourself, but what do I know... welcome aboard. :D

11-16-2013, 01:29 PM
hey Im a doom and gloom guy, just thought those 2 coming here was too good to be true,

uh_no
11-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Long time fan? I thought the following post, your first post on our fair forum, (regarding the Okafor and Jones recruitment), rather intriguing:

"none of you no anything, remember a few weeks ago the kid everyone had penciled in to go to duke, Looney, i think, he went out west, these guys will probably go somewhere no one is expecting."

A unique way to introduce yourself, but what do I know... welcome aboard. :D

to be fair, people often absurd predictions here...and many of them can be described as "looney"...and when it comes to recruiting, nobody here, or anywhere else "knows" anything...everyone was saying "kansas had the lead" (what does that mean anyway..."has the lead"....clearly kansas didn't "have the lead" since they chose duke)

further, typos are common on this site, so no reason to single out anyone...some examples:

chapel Hell
tar holes
calamari
ucon
chappaheya
KY has better barbeque

see? all too common

theschwartz
11-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Sulaimon will most certainly get his. Defenses will focus their attention on Hood & Parker, who will both stretch the D, opening up lanes for Sulaimon's unique driving ability. I could see him developing a great 2-man game with Jefferson or Hairston or whoever we have down low. Only thing is--and Dino Gaudio pointed this out on the broadcast last night and I kinda agree with him--Sulaimon has to play within the offense and work to make his teammates better. Don't just look for his shot when he drives, but watch how the defense collapses around you and kick out to the open man. I imagine this is something the coaching staff will work on with him. J-Will made a huge leap from his freshman to sophomore year when he mastered that skill.

Billy Dat
11-16-2013, 02:01 PM
18258 - may thy Rasheed glass be half full, not half empty.

Expand your memory to the crucial final 10 minutes of the Kansas game, merely a few days ago, when Rasheed carried us offensively for 5-6 possessions.

Granted, he also took a really bad 3 at a really crucial time.

He can shoot and he can drive. I echo the comments of theschwartz and say Rasheed, may the schwartz be with you.

JasonEvans
11-16-2013, 02:26 PM
I hate to stand in the way of a productive conversation... but seeing as this is not one, I am shutting it down. Thread = locked.

-Jason "Sheed is battling a cold and is averaging 12+ ppg... this discussion is silly" Evans