PDA

View Full Version : WBB vs. USC Upstate

burnspbesq
11-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Twelve minutes in, Duke leads by 21. The practice players would give them more of a challenge. No reason why Frush cant see double-figure minutes.

burnspbesq
11-14-2013, 07:22 PM
HT: Duke 60, Upstate 18.

Gthoma2a
11-14-2013, 07:52 PM
HT: Duke 60, Upstate 18.

They've to to learn to separate from these over-matched opponents or else they'll be accused of playing down to their competition.

burnspbesq
11-14-2013, 08:25 PM
FT: Duke 123, Upstate 40. That enough separation for ya?

Haley tied the Duke single-game rebounding record, held by Alana Beard, with 20.

jimsumner
11-14-2013, 10:07 PM
FT: Duke 123, Upstate 40. That enough separation for ya?

Haley tied the Duke single-game rebounding record, held by Alana Beard, with 20.

Barb Krause holds the Duke record for most rebounds in a game. She had 24 against Catawba in 1979. She also had 23 against Georgia Tech in 1979. Beard and Peters are tied for third at 20.

Duke's single-game point record is 128, against Howard in 2002. The largest margin of victory is 89 (117-28). Duke had 63 rebounds, five shy of the record set against Catawba in 1979.

It wasn't perfect. Duke committed 18 fouls and turned it over 17 times, although reserves accounted for a lot of both. All 11 healthy, recruited players logged at least nine minutes and walk-on fan favorite Jenna Frush played three minutes.

Obviously, USC Upstate was seriously overmatched. But Duke did a better job of maintaining focus and intensity than in either of the exhibition wins over even more over-matched D-2 teams.

Gthoma2a
11-14-2013, 10:29 PM
They've to to learn to separate from these over-matched opponents or else they'll be accused of playing down to their competition.

Just making sure that we know that I was joking. Our women's team has a shot this year, especially if the injury to the girls from UConn keep them out enough to throw off their rhythm (ala Kyrie).

BD80
11-14-2013, 11:17 PM
... All 11 healthy, recruited players logged at least nine minutes and walk-on fan favorite Jenna Frush played three minutes. ...

Damn, she's a jr. I was hoping the PA could report that the fresh frosh Frush was entering the game.

burnspbesq
11-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Barb Krause holds the Duke record for most rebounds in a game. She had 24 against Catawba in 1979. She also had 23 against Georgia Tech in 1979. Beard and Peters are tied for third at 20.

It wasn't perfect. Duke committed 18 fouls and turned it over 17 times, although reserves accounted for a lot of both. All 11 healthy, recruited players logged at least nine minutes and walk-on fan favorite Jenna Frush played three minutes.

Just repeating what Steve and Morgan said on the broadcast re the rebounding record.

I know about Greenwell and Heckman's injuries. What is the nature of Holland's injury, and what is the prognosis?

jimsumner
11-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Just repeating what Steve and Morgan said on the broadcast re the rebounding record.

I know about Greenwell and Heckman's injuries. What is the nature of Holland's injury, and what is the prognosis?

Holland? Leg injury. Expected back early December. Heckman almost certainly will not play this season. Greenwell wants to play but I think holding her out makes sense. She'll be more useful as a redshirt senior in 2018 than playing a half-season--if that--this season.

Holland should compete for PT, not that there's much available. She's a blur. Even better, she can actually take the ball with her and do something with it.

uh_no
11-15-2013, 12:36 AM
Just making sure that we know that I was joking. Our women's team has a shot this year, especially if the injury to the girls from UConn keep them out enough to throw off their rhythm (ala Kyrie).

KML, who is undoubtetly the more important of the two players who is injured has a "nerve contusion"...whatever that means....but is set to be reevaluated next week....not sure it's similar to the kyrie situation....further, she played with effectively the same group last year, so assimilating would be much easier, as opposed to kyrie, who had played 8 games with a bunch of guys fresh of a title run.

no doubt duke has a shot....that was a really impressive win tonight....