PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke 70, Cal 58

wandalee
11-10-2013, 06:43 PM
The #2 ladies are playing #9 Cal on ESPNU right now.

stillcrazie
11-10-2013, 07:42 PM
The #2 ladies are playing #9 Cal on ESPNU right now.

Glad I checked the forum. It's great to see the women doing well against a good team on the road!

-jk
11-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Glad I checked the forum. It's great to see the women doing well against a good team on the road!

DBR Chat (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=cchatbox) going on now, too. C'mon by.

-jk

OldPhiKap
11-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Nice win, great weekend to be a Devil!

Indoor66
11-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Final: 70-58 DUKE wins

-jk
11-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Nice win - top ten team on the road!

-jk

CameronBornAndBred
11-11-2013, 08:35 AM
That was a solid win. We started off behind, and turned the deficit into a sizeable lead. Defense, just as last year, was impressive to watch. Even in "garbage time", our team never quits and I love that.

Henderson
11-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Absolutely agree. And a season opener too against a Final Four team that returned most of its talent.

These seniors were part of a great freshman class from whom much was anticipated, yet they haven't made it to the Final Four.* This is their season.

But I gotta ask: What the heck is up with that enormous bear stencil covering half the court at Cal? I find it distracting, overdone, poorly executed, and not aesthetically appealing. These arenas have gone all Boise State on us, and I'm not in favor. After watching that game, I had to stare at a photo of the Cameron floor for 10 minutes just to bring my zen back.

*Not to minimize their considerable successes in spite of injuries that could have broken a lesser squad, but I know this group is hungry for that FF and more.

burnspbesq
11-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I could quibble about some bad transition defense. I could quibble about free-throw shooting. But I'm not going to. Solid way to start the year.

My favorite stat: Amber Henson, 11 minutes. Great to see her finally contribute after battling injuries for two years.

uh_no
11-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I could quibble about some bad transition defense. I could quibble about free-throw shooting. But I'm not going to. Solid way to start the year.

My favorite stat: Amber Henson, 11 minutes. Great to see her finally contribute after battling injuries for two years.

spot on. what it comes down to is this is what a national championship contender SHOULD look like.