PDA

View Full Version : Happy Veterans Day

oldnavy
11-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Happy Veterans Day. Thanks to all who served. OBT, if you recognize the female, she is a Duke Med School Grad, who also was featured on the USAA commercial, "I got mine..."

sagegrouse
11-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Happy Veterans Day. Thanks to all who served. OBT, if you recognize the female, she is a Duke Med School Grad, who also was featured on the USAA commercial, "I got mine..."

Lot's of people to thank on this Board: oldnavy, jarhead, DukeAlumBS, (probably) Miramar, Bob Green, FourDecadeDukie, and many more...

sagegrouse

devildeac
11-09-2013, 10:05 PM
They were acknowledged and warmly/generously applauded at the game today. Most deservedly. Thank you to all those who serve/d our country in the armed forces.

Son of Jarhead
11-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Thank You, Veterans!!!!

DukeAlumBS
11-10-2013, 04:59 AM

Thank you SHIPMATE for starting this. Am all Army myself for 25 years but appreciate the comments. You all have a nice day
Jimmy

jimsumner
11-10-2013, 12:22 PM
A great read.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/11/09/3351938/providing-a-decent-last-stop-for.html

JBDuke
11-11-2013, 08:46 AM
On this Veterans' Day, I'd like to extend my personal gratitude for all those who have served in the US Armed Forces. Putting service to your country ahead of service to self is, in my opinion, one of the greatest and yet most common acts of patriotism. While I have never worn my country's uniform, it has been my honor and privilege to work alongside many active duty and retired/separated vets, and almost without exception, they represent some of the best people I know.

Thanks to you all.

DukeAlumBS
11-11-2013, 01:04 PM
A great read.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/11/09/3351938/providing-a-decent-last-stop-for.html

I saw this earlier and was touched about this. The service will render Honor to all veterans at their memorial service. Rich or poor. With an honor guard!
Thank you so much. I take my veterans status with great , deep pride. Keep to myself, only veterans know this

Happy Veterans Day
Jimmy