PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...

DUKIECB
11-08-2013, 03:36 PM
or did Quinn accidentally put on Marshall's shorts in this picture?
I often see a lot of talk about the colors and schemes of Duke uniforms but that stuff is nothing compared to the absurdity of wearing shorts 3 sizes too big. I mean come on, you can only see 2" of his entire leg. What is Quinn, like 6'2"? I'm not just singling him out either. If the rate of shorts length continues at the pace it has in the past couple decades before long they are going to be wearing MC Hammer pants to play in.

Henderson
11-08-2013, 03:41 PM
That's an excellent 1990 comment.

Just razzing you. I think a lot of people favor an older style uniform. But we have to adjust, and that's not bad.

FerryFor50
11-08-2013, 03:43 PM
I often see a lot of talk about the colors and schemes of Duke uniforms but that stuff is nothing compared to the absurdity of wearing shorts 3 sizes too big. I mean come on, you can only see 2" of his entire leg. What is Quinn, like 6'2"? I'm not just singling him out either. If the rate of shorts length continues at the pace it has in the past couple decades before long they are going to be wearing MC Hammer pants to play in.

Would you rather see these?

flyingdutchdevil
11-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Would you rather see these?

My wife would.

DUKIECB
11-08-2013, 03:55 PM
My wife would.

Point well made.

In a perfect world I would prefer something of a compromise.

MCFinARL
11-08-2013, 04:29 PM

So glad you brought this up; I thought the same thing--not the clever part about Marshall, just that the shorts were way too long--when i saw this photo. I assume the players find these shorts more comfortable than old-style shorts, but I'd be all for keeping them above the kneecap--or at least at the kneecap like the rest of the players here.

jcannon
11-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Well, they say styles always come back around...

Seems like this could make it more challenging to dribble between the legs also.

FerryFor50
11-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Well, they say styles always come back around...

Seems like this could make it more challenging to dribble between the legs also.

Will this replace the Zoubek beard?

MCFinARL
11-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Will this replace the Zoubek beard?

Better that than Redsox-style beards!