OUT

CB Jared Boyd (leg)

QB Thomas Sirk (leg)

OUT FOR SEASON

OT Tanner Stone (leg)

DT Jamal Wallace (leg)

OldPhiKap
11-07-2013, 01:48 PM
It's November -- the list seems half as long as usual.

Knock on wood, the stars may actually be lining up for the end of the season.

loran16
11-07-2013, 01:58 PM
QUESTIONABLE

WR Brandon Braxton (shoulder)

CB Ross Cockrell (ankle)

DE Jordan DeWalt-Ondijo (lower body)

S Dwayne Norman (leg)

OUT

CB Jared Boyd (leg)

QB Thomas Sirk (leg)

OUT FOR SEASON

OT Tanner Stone (leg)

DT Jamal Wallace (leg)

Report earlier this week was that Braxton was doubtful. Interesting to see him upgraded.

Bob Green
11-07-2013, 02:01 PM
It's November -- the list seems half as long as usual.

There are eight players on the report, while there were 13 on 11/15/12. The difference is 9 of 13 were either Out or Out for the Season:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?29655-Duke-football-injury-report-11-15-12&highlight=Football+injury+report

Ross Cockrell being listed as Questionable is concerning, but overall this report reflects a healthy football team.

Bob Green
11-07-2013, 02:17 PM
OUT FOR SEASON
Jarvis Byrd, S
Kenton Gibbs, DT
Logan Winkles, FB
Rob Crisp, OT
Bryan Underwood, WR
Jon Alston, WR

DOUBTFUL
A.J. Ferguson, DT
Forrest West, DE

loran16
11-07-2013, 02:23 PM
OUT FOR SEASON
Jarvis Byrd, S
Kenton Gibbs, DT
Logan Winkles, FB
Rob Crisp, OT
Bryan Underwood, WR
Jon Alston, WR

DOUBTFUL
A.J. Ferguson, DT
Forrest West, DE

Underwood and Alston were ruled out for the UNC game and are now out for good, Ferguson and West are new additions. Both are seniors without gaudy tackle/Tackle for loss #s with 7 games played, so I'm not sure how significant - if at all - their losses are.

Olympic Fan
11-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Both Cockrell and Braxton were doubtful as of Sunday. If Duke has played last Saturday, both would have been out.

Cut said Tuesday that both were back at practice Tuesday morning. He said that Norman had made remarkable progress in the previous 48 hours.

He also suggested that his banged-up players would mostly be game-time decisions. From the injury list, that's the case -- basically, that's what questionable means.

I'm optimistic that most, if not all, of the four players on this list will be out there Saturday.

BTW: The best thing about this report is that it doesn't have Kelby Brown in any shape or form. He is the key player on this defense and when he's healthy, he's one of the best LVs in the ACC. He's taken a beating this year and he's played hurt.

Also, I notice that neither Kyler Brown nor CJ France is on the list. Could our LBs be getting healthy?

Bob Green
11-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Underwood and Alston were ruled out for the UNC game and are now out for good, Ferguson and West are new additions. Both are seniors without gaudy tackle/Tackle for loss #s with 7 games played, so I'm not sure how significant - if at all - their losses are.

I consider their losses significant. First, Bryan Underwood is their best playmaker so his absence hurts. Duke has been prone to giving up the big play so I consider it significant the opponents speedy, talented wide receiver will not be on the field. The fact Underwood was out for the UNC game does not have any bearing on the potential impact of him being unavailable on Saturday. Second, State's defensive line is a team strength so having two contributors unavailable will impact their rotation especially in the 2nd half when the remaining defensive lineman are playing more snaps than normal. Regardless of tackle statistics, both Ferguson and West are contributors with Ferguson being a starter.

budwom
11-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Both Cockrell and Braxton were doubtful as of Sunday. If Duke has played last Saturday, both would have been out.

Cut said Tuesday that both were back at practice Tuesday morning. He said that Norman had made remarkable progress in the previous 48 hours.

He also suggested that his banged-up players would mostly be game-time decisions. From the injury list, that's the case -- basically, that's what questionable means.

I'm optimistic that most, if not all, of the four players on this list will be out there Saturday.

BTW: The best thing about this report is that it doesn't have Kelby Brown in any shape or form. He is the key player on this defense and when he's healthy, he's one of the best LVs in the ACC. He's taken a beating this year and he's played hurt.

Also, I notice that neither Kyler Brown nor CJ France is on the list. Could our LBs be getting healthy?

Encouraging as you say....but France hasn't been on the list in some time, yet he definitely has an ongoing injury which has been hampering him. He's played some, but not much.
Maybe if there was a category "playing, but clearly not up to snuff" he'd be listed there. Anyway, encouraging at this point...we need Cockrell and Dewalt Ondijo has been playing
perhaps his best football ever...

Bob Green
11-07-2013, 05:37 PM

Cut said Tuesday that both were back at practice Tuesday morning.

Garret Patterson and the young freshmen (Fields and Borders) have been looking good at cornerback so what are the chances we see Ross Cockrell playing free safety* on Saturday? Playing free safety should protect Cockrell's ankle as he would not be locked up one-on-one with a receiver or have a heavy run support responsibility.

* The 4-2-5 safety position terminology (Bandit/Strike/Rover) goes right over my head. I don't know which is which. I believe Rover is free safety (responsible for deep middle and help out the corners with double coverage).

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Yesterday Ross Cockrell spoke to the the student government senate to request student support by attending the football games. He's making good use of his time and leadership skills.

Don't let the headline prevent you from reading the article!;)
http://www.dukechronicle.com/articles/2013/11/07/dsg-senators-propose-more-courses-local-politics