PDA

View Full Version : FB: How many more games does Duke win?

Bob Green
11-05-2013, 05:26 PM
We are already bowl eligible so we have at least five more games in 2013 with participation in the ACC Championship Game still a possibility. So how many more games does Duke win this season?

matt1
11-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Four more wins:

We will either go 4-0, lose to FSU in the ACC Championship Game, and lose a very tough bowl game or go 3-1 and win a bowl game over a decent, but not great team. I think that two months ago, anyone here would have taken a 10-win season, which would, I believe, be a school record.

davekay1971
11-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Four more wins:

We will either go 4-0, lose to FSU in the ACC Championship Game, and lose a very tough bowl game or go 3-1 and win a bowl game over a decent, but not great team. I think that two months ago, anyone here would have taken a 10-win season, which would, I believe, be a school record.

6 baby! After running the table in the regular season, we shock FSU then destroy our BCS bowl opponent to incite national discussion about how Duke should have had the opportunity to play for the natty.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-05-2013, 05:37 PM
I was surprised when I was the SECOND person to vote 6 more wins! :cool:

devildeac
11-05-2013, 11:21 PM
6 baby! After running the table in the regular season, we shock FSU then destroy our BCS bowl opponent to incite national discussion about how Duke should have had the opportunity to play for the natty.

I was surprised when I was the SECOND person to vote 6 more wins! :cool:

You'ze guys need drug testing:rolleyes:;).

I'm not sure what I'll vote yet. I think we'll beat NCSU and WFU and lose a close one to Miami. If the cheaters need a W to become bowl eligible, we'll get $%#'ed in chappaheeya during the last game of the year. But, I'm not going to be surprised if we beat both sets of cheaters either.

Hey, davekay1971, you coming to WW this weekend?

UrinalCake
11-05-2013, 11:30 PM

I'm not sure what I'll vote yet. I think we'll beat NCSU and WFU and lose a close one to Miami. If the cheaters need a W to become bowl eligible, we'll get $%#'ed in chappaheeya during the last game of the year. But, I'm not going to be surprised if we beat both sets of cheaters either.

I also think we'll win two more, plus the bowl. Our win over VT is looking less impressive after their subsequent loss to BC, so I'll take two wins out of the three games against NC schools. Of course we have no idea who we're playing in the bowl game, but I'll go ahead and predict a win.

Still amazing to think how far the program has come after being a laughingstock not too long ago.

devilirium
11-05-2013, 11:38 PM
"Our win over VT is looking less impressive after their subsequent loss to BC, so I'll take two wins out of the three games against NC schools"

I'm going with 4 at 3-1 with a bowl win...disagree with respect to VT. They're still undefeated at home, and BC is a capable team. They had Clemson dead to rights a few weeks ago, and just couldn't steal that one in Death Valley.

On the other hand, I think the Navy win will give us some juice. Not many would've given them a shot of beating Notre Dame--especially after getting crushed like 55-10 last year to them in Ireland. They also defeated Pitt.

davekay1971
11-06-2013, 07:46 AM

Hey, davekay1971, you coming to WW this weekend?

No, on call this weekend, sadly. But, and this may be indirectly related to my fearless prediction, I have a suggestion for the tailgating beer-tasting. Atwater Imperial Stout. Delicious beer, about 11% ABV, just enough hoppy to balance all the other flavors in it. That's my second Atwater, after the Vanilla Java Porter, and I can confidently say that there is still an American-made product that Detroit knows how to produce...beer!

(Beerjacking the thread!)

BlueDevilBrowns
11-06-2013, 08:36 AM
I say we win 3 more games.

We beat State, WF, and UNCCH and bring home the elusive North Carolina State Championship.

Duke establishes itself as the top college football program in the state.

How cool is that?

devildeac
11-06-2013, 08:43 AM
No, on call this weekend, sadly. But, and this may be indirectly related to my fearless prediction, I have a suggestion for the tailgating beer-tasting. Atwater Imperial Stout. Delicious beer, about 11% ABV, just enough hoppy to balance all the other flavors in it. That's my second Atwater, after the Vanilla Java Porter, and I can confidently say that there is still an American-made product that Detroit knows how to produce...beer!

(Beerjacking the thread!)

We'll miss you. I'd post that beer suggestion on the beer thread. Nobody reads the football threads:rolleyes:;). I'm on call for the Miami game:(.

I'll vote we go 3-2 for Nov/Dec with wins over State, WFU and one of the cheaters, with a bowl loss to some SEC team (wild guess there-I don't have a clue yet about that one)

OldPhiKap
11-06-2013, 09:08 AM
My heart says 4, my head says 3.

Still working that one out.

Having said that -- I can make a good argument for winning all four regular season games, and then winning a bowl. Under that scenario, my guess is that FSU in the conference championship (assuming Clemson > GT next week) would be a tougher opponent than the bowl. It would be a stretch to say that I expect to beat FSU this year -- not sure Alabama will be able to do it.

Wander
11-06-2013, 09:11 AM
The stars are aligned. We get to play the two worst teams from the other division, and Miami, Wake, and UNC all lost their top offensive player less than a week ago. It's destiny. 4-0, lose to FSU, then win the bowl game. Finish the season ranked 15th.

wilko
11-06-2013, 09:47 AM
The stars are aligned. We get to play the two worst teams from the other division, and Miami, Wake, and UNC all lost their top offensive player less than a week ago. It's destiny. 4-0, lose to FSU, then win the bowl game. Finish the season ranked 15th.

I'm inclined to agree with this POV.
However, if I'm FSU's Fisher; I'm keeping Winston in bubble wrap just to be safe.

The table has never been so well set for Duke Football to make some noise. Just gotta capitalize on the opportunity and make it happen!

For years Duke has been the butt of every imaginable football joke. For Duke to GET to the ACC Championship game and lose by 40, its STILL a better story than not getting there at all.

I'm rooting for to Duke to save the league with the feel good story of the year! Worst to First and all that...

Has Cut been asked to sit for his "bust of honor" yet?
If we can pull off a 10 win season - he should get the full length statue. And National Coach of the year, and a raise/extension.

duke09hms
11-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Miami is still #11, sure they lost their leading rusher, but the dropoff to RB Dallas Crawford is small. He absolutely torched UNC when Duke Johnson got injured in that game. So I don't know if all the 4-0 predictions are realistic. This is a Miami team that hung tough with FSU for the first half.

I'm thinking 3 wins to finish 9-4. Go 3-1, lose in tough bowl. Go 2-2, win in easier bowl.

I'm rooting for to Duke to save the league with the feel good story of the year! Worst to First and all that...

Has Cut been asked to sit for his "bust of honor" yet?
If we can pull off a 10 win season - he should get the full length statue. And National Coach of the year, and a raise/extension.

Sorry to be a spoilsport.
Redemption: How does Cutcliffe Field at Wallace Wade Stadium sound?!