PDA

View Full Version : Big Blow for the Terps

toughbuff1
10-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Seth Allen will be out 8-10 weeks with a broken foot.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bal-terps-seth-allen-fractured-foot-20131030,0,323666.story

wilson
10-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Couldn't have happened to a better bunch.
Best wishes to him, worst wishes to them.

Henderson
10-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Seth Allen will be out 8-10 weeks with a broken foot.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bal-terps-seth-allen-fractured-foot-20131030,0,323666.story

No celebration here. I hate to see a young man injured. As much as I dislike the turtle fans, I wish this young man a speedy recovery.

FerryFor50
10-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Terp curse?

jimsumner
10-30-2013, 03:02 PM
There's a lot of speculation that true freshman Roddy Peters would win the starting spot at PG. So, he might be okay. But he's still a freshman and there's no clear Plan B. Remember, Howard transferred.

OldPhiKap
10-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and a great future career.

Hope the Terps lose every conference game.

No conflict here.

moonpie23
10-30-2013, 04:20 PM
the depth of feeling (http://wompwompwomp.com) i have for the Md team haunts me so

Here is a Turtle
10-30-2013, 04:55 PM
There's a lot of speculation that true freshman Roddy Peters would win the starting spot at PG. So, he might be okay. But he's still a freshman and there's no clear Plan B. Remember, Howard transferred.

Dez Wells will start at point guard at least for the first few games. Peters will back him up. Faust will probably spot from time to time.

Still, this injury big is getting ridiculous. First football last year and this year. Then women's basketball last year. Now, men's basketball. Don't know what's in the water up here.

Dev11
10-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Don't know what's in the water up here.

If its the same water that was being pumped in water fountains in Montgomery County Public Schools in the late 90s and early 00s, that would be elevated levels of lead. Good for stopping radiation, maybe bad for regular bodily functions.

Olympic Fan
10-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Still, this injury big is getting ridiculous. First football last year and this year. Then women's basketball last year. Now, men's basketball. Don't know what's in the water up here.

You're not going to get a lot of sympathy here -- team injuries have crippled our 2011, 2012 and 2013 basketball teams (especially 2011, when we lost a potential national title when Kyrie went down). Last year's football team made a bowl, despite losing nine preseason starters (seven on defense). Our women's hoop team lost arguably its best player.

We're drinking the same water.

Here is a Turtle
10-31-2013, 01:25 PM
You're not going to get a lot of sympathy here -- team injuries have crippled our 2011, 2012 and 2013 basketball teams (especially 2011, when we lost a potential national title when Kyrie went down). Last year's football team made a bowl, despite losing nine preseason starters (seven on defense). Our women's hoop team lost arguably its best player.

We're drinking the same water.

Try winning with a practice team linebacker playing quarterback and a tight end as backup. You won't get far. The injuries on the football team are becoming laughable. Our injury report for Clemson this past weekend was 26 players injured, including starting qb, rb, te, both wr, one O-lineman, two linebackers, two corners, and a safety.

I don't expect sympathy, but I'd gladly take what you had on the injury front.

Women's basketball last year had three starters tear their ACLs. Four players total. We could barely field practices.