PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with Tudor

jjasper0729
10-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Caulton gives Coach Cut an "A" in his weekly grades and deservedly so. But then he proceeds to hint that Coach Cut will bolt for a better offer that comes around now that he's got the success at Duke

Another day, another 'A' for Cutcliffe (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/another-day-another-a-for-cutcliffe/13045312/)

Here's the quote:

You have to believe more than one or two schools – Virginia maybe – have him at the top of their next-coach shopping list... And if there aren’t a lot of Duke fans in Wade Stadium for the games against State (Nov. 9) and Miami (Nov. 16), who could possibly blame Cutcliffe for exploring his options?

Just creams my corn!

loran16
10-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Caulton gives Coach Cut an "A" in his weekly grades and deservedly so. But then he proceeds to hint that Coach Cut will bolt for a better offer that comes around now that he's got the success at Duke

Another day, another 'A' for Cutcliffe (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/another-day-another-a-for-cutcliffe/13045312/)

Here's the quote:

Just creams my corn!

People forget that Cut turned down Tennessee, a far better job than say UVA. Moreover, higher tier schools wouldn't want him because of his health and age - he's a short term stopgap, that's all.

The real issue with cutcliffe for Duke is a potential retirement due to such concerns. But we'll worry about that when we come to it, and the job should be much more appealing to potential head coaches when that time comes.

davekay1971
10-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Wishful thinking by Tudor, frankly. Probably burns his chaps that s beloved Tarheels spend millions on Butch, got nothing but low level bowls and national scandal for their efforts, then went to Fedora who's working on a 2-6 season to date. Meanwhile, Duke spends less on Cut, remains an academically responsible institution, and just wrapped up their second consecutive bowl bid. No matter who may want Cut, and no matter what Cut wants, Tudor is bound, as a true pastel-blue Carolina homer, to suggest that Duke isn't worthy of Cut, and Cut is certain to want to move on to greener pastures.

jimsumner
10-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Wishful thinking by Tudor, frankly. Probably burns his chaps that s beloved Tarheels spend millions on Butch, got nothing but low level bowls and national scandal for their efforts, then went to Fedora who's working on a 2-6 season to date. Meanwhile, Duke spends less on Cut, remains an academically responsible institution, and just wrapped up their second consecutive bowl bid. No matter who may want Cut, and no matter what Cut wants, Tudor is bound, as a true pastel-blue Carolina homer, to suggest that Duke isn't worthy of Cut, and Cut is certain to want to move on to greener pastures.

FWIW, Tudor is an ECU grad.

He's one of the best around. But he loves stirring controversy. Not in the Doyel burn-down-the-house-manner. But enough to write some curious things. As we see.

Bluedog
10-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Did you know that Duke football spent the most of ANY current or future program in the ACC? Yes, more than FSU and Clemson according to the U.S. Department of Education’s annual Equity in Athletics report. (I realize that a Duke scholarship is more costly than an FSU one, though. Unfortunately, Duke was also the only ACC football program to not turn a profit (http://dukemagazine.duke.edu/article/why-football-matters)...Basketball made $9.8M)

I'd say the administration is fully invested and will do what it takes to keep Cut around and he knows it.

allenmurray
10-28-2013, 01:05 PM

He's one of the best around. But he loves stirring controversy. Not in the Doyel burn-down-the-house-manner. But enough to write some curious things. As we see.

He used to be one of the best around - I've read him for a long, long time. His best days were over at least five years ago. Most of the time now he just phones it in.

davekay1971
10-28-2013, 01:09 PM

Kindly don't interrupt my persecution/conspiracy/paranoia rants with inconvenient facts, Jim. That's just rude.

I'm going to go put on my tinfoil hat and blog about Alaskan radio death beam military facilities now...

roywhite
10-28-2013, 02:03 PM
He used to be one of the best around - I've read him for a long, long time. His best days were over at least five years ago. Most of the time now he just phones it in.

I've always considered Caulton Tudor to be the Digger Phelps of print. Not a compliment, but just my opinion.

Jarhead
10-28-2013, 02:43 PM
With all of the support that Duke and Dr. Kevin White have cast Coach Cut's way, that support will multiply after this season. He is doing exactly what he was hired to do, and rewards will follow.

budwom
10-28-2013, 03:08 PM
No matter what one thinks of Tudor, the notion that Virginia wants (or will get) him is patently absurd. Tudor just enjoys
pulling stuff out of his butt, and this one is a gem.

jv001
10-28-2013, 04:05 PM
No matter what one thinks of Tudor, the notion that Virginia wants (or will get) him is patently absurd. Tudor just enjoys
pulling stuff out of his butt, and this one is a gem.

I don't know if I'd call that a gem he just removed. GoDuke!

burnspbesq
10-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Kindly don't interrupt my persecution/conspiracy/paranoia rants with inconvenient facts, Jim. That's just rude.

I'm going to go put on my tinfoil hat and blog about Alaskan radio death beam military facilities now...

Not to mention that our domination of UVa in lax is entirely due to Coach Dano getting help from the NSA in bugging the facilities in Hooville.