PDA

View Full Version : "Access Denied" to new DBR site

atomicdukie
10-27-2013, 08:44 PM
When I type in dukebasketballreport.com I get the message "access denied". Does anyone else has this issue? Please help!

-jk
10-27-2013, 08:52 PM
There have been a few reports of users clicking on the front page "forums" link in the menu and getting that. Yours is the first I've heard about the main page itself.

What happens if you use www in front, or use a different browser? Have you cleared cookies, history, and pressed F5/refresh?

Thanks,

-jk

G man
10-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Same thing happens to me on the main site.

-jk
10-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Same thing happens to me on the main site.

What browser and os are you using? And what url or link is throwing the error?

-jk

Native
10-27-2013, 09:12 PM
It works fine for me, but a friend of mine (Mac OS X, Chrome) had the same error for dukebasketballreport.com.

ETA: I'm on Mac OS and using Safari.

moonpie23
10-27-2013, 09:14 PM
no problem here…..mac os mountain lion……safari…

-jk
10-27-2013, 09:56 PM
As near as I can tell, almost no one is having trouble. I'm trying to find any pattern with those who are having trouble.

Anyone getting the "access denied" page, please include the exact url you typed in, link you clicked, or bookmark you used to get there. Also post your browser and os versions, and whether you've cleared your browser cookies, history, and pressed refresh/F5.

We're trying to get some data to work with. If you're working fine, we don't need that just now.

Thanks,

-jk

DU82
10-27-2013, 10:02 PM
As near as I can tell, almost no one is having trouble. I'm trying to find any pattern with those who are having trouble.

Anyone getting the "access denied" page, please include the exact url you typed in, link you clicked, or bookmark you used to get there. Also post your browser and os versions, and whether you've cleared your browser cookies, history, and pressed refresh/F5.

We're trying to get some data to work with. If you're working fine, we don't need that just now.

Thanks,

-jk

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/

On my iPad, I changed my bookmark to the above before the switchover. I get Access Denied first, when I hit refresh I get a list of the forums and can proceed from there.

Bluedog
10-27-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a cache issue (as -jk suggested). I got that a couple days ago using Firefox. Clearing history/cookies/cache/temp internet files should fix it.

-jk
10-27-2013, 10:24 PM
http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/

On my iPad, I changed my bookmark to the above before the switchover. I get Access Denied first, when I hit refresh I get a list of the forums and can proceed from there.

What happens if you bookmark the full url directly to the EK board:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2

-jk

Kedsy
10-27-2013, 10:59 PM
I get Access Denied first, when I hit refresh I get a list of the forums and can proceed from there.

I experienced this the other day, both for the forums and the main site. Refresh seemed to do the trick.

bradvinjack
10-27-2013, 11:35 PM
When I type in dukebasketballreport.com I get the message "access denied". Does anyone else has this issue? Please help!

I was having the same problem. I cleared my history and cookies as a previous poster suggested and that worked fine for me.

DU82
10-28-2013, 07:07 AM
What happens if you bookmark the full url directly to the EK board:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2

-jk

Ah, the mysteries of Apple. My bookmark took me straight to the forum list just now. I'll test it when I'm back home tonight (no stops, thanks though) and see what happens.

loran16
10-28-2013, 09:33 AM

Worth noting SB Nation will sometimes go down, and DBR is now on the SBN platform. If you can't get to DBR, check out to see if any other DBR blogs are working. It happens.

atomicdukie
10-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the advice. I cleared the cache and cookie and now it is working. Thanks so much!

DrChainsaw
10-28-2013, 09:13 PM
A couple of other "bugs" noted: whatever version of the web page that shows up on my Kindle Fire doesn't seem to have a link to the Forums. If I'm missing it let me know. And, when I click on a link from the front page, I am reliably taken to the bottom of the corresponding article, leaving me to scroll up to start reading.

Small stuff, but otherwise detracts from the site.

-jk
10-28-2013, 09:52 PM
A couple of other "bugs" noted: whatever version of the web page that shows up on my Kindle Fire doesn't seem to have a link to the Forums. If I'm missing it let me know. And, when I click on a link from the front page, I am reliably taken to the bottom of the corresponding article, leaving me to scroll up to start reading.

Not sure where you're coming from. On the main page, there's a top menu item with a "forums" link. It comes here.

If you click on that link, what happens?

-jk

lotusland
10-28-2013, 10:00 PM

On my Windows phone I can now link to the Forum by punching the icon thingy that looks like 3 horizontal shaded lines

Initially I assumed that I would need an SB Nation login. Imagine my surprise when I got this message:

Your Duke Basketball Report membership will be fully active in over 27 years, on Mar 10, 2041 1:39 AM PST. Until then, you won't be able to post comments, FanPosts, or FanShots. In the meantime, we hope you'll explore the community. Stick around!

Now I've been banned before so I know the drill but I thought that was a bit excessive especially since I had not even posted yet:). I still get the message when I login to SB Nation but fortunately I don't need to.

DrChainsaw
10-29-2013, 07:58 AM
On my Windows phone I can now link to the Forum by punching the icon thingy that looks like 3 horizontal shaded lines

Initially I assumed that I would need an SB Nation login. Imagine my surprise when I got this message:

Your Duke Basketball Report membership will be fully active in over 27 years, on Mar 10, 2041 1:39 AM PST. Until then, you won't be able to post comments, FanPosts, or FanShots. In the meantime, we hope you'll explore the community. Stick around!

Now I've been banned before so I know the drill but I thought that was a bit excessive especially since I had not even posted yet:). I still get the message when I login to SB Nation but fortunately I don't need to.

OK, the line thingy works on my Windows phone. I'm guessing it is there on my Kindle screen as well. That icon has not yet become a part of my visual lexicon.

FWIW, my Windows phone browser also reliably takes me to the bottom of every front page article.

moonpie23
10-29-2013, 08:29 AM
something going on with my iPhone 5. It keeps reverting back to "mobile" even tho i repeatedly select "blue". the reason i don't like the mobile is that it doesn't recognize the posts that i've already read…

-jk
10-29-2013, 09:45 AM
something going on with my iPhone 5. It keeps reverting back to "mobile" even tho i repeatedly select "blue". the reason i don't like the mobile is that it doesn't recognize the posts that i've already read.

Odd. If you're logged in, it should keep track of your read posts just fine, regardless of whether you're using blue or mobile and regardless of which device or browser you're using. All that info is saved in your account rather than locally. I've been using it that way for years with no problem.

-jk

moonpie23
10-29-2013, 10:47 AM
this is how my iPhone sees the mobile site….the only options are "the main article" or "last page" (and then i have to scroll down to the last post….

do i have something set incorrectly?

-jk
10-29-2013, 12:33 PM
this is how my iPhone sees the mobile site….the only options are "the main article" or "last page" (and then i have to scroll down to the last post….

do i have something set incorrectly?

You should see the "new" button for threads with unread posts. Tap the "new" button to reach the first unread post - but you have to be logged in.

-jk

gep
10-29-2013, 06:31 PM
You should see the "new" button for threads with unread posts. Tap the "new" button to reach the first unread post - but you have to be logged in.
-jk

Yes, it works very well for me as -jk describes. I really like it... very easy to read. But, as -jk says, gotta be logged in. Scroll to the bottom of that attached view... log in is there. I just tried it

DrChainsaw
10-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Not sure where you're coming from. On the main page, there's a top menu item with a "forums" link. It comes here.

If you click on that link, what happens?

-jk

On the Kindle Fire, there are two tabs, upper right: Login & Sign Up. Then there is the menu icon. The menu has three items: SB Nation, All 312 Blogs and Search. No Forums.

Works on my Windows phone, however.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

-jk
10-29-2013, 09:37 PM
If your kindle hits the mobile version of the main page, look for three, small horizontal bars in the upper, right corner. That pulls up the menu that normally shows in a full browser. It has the "forum" link from that main menu.

-jk